BC at Montreal - Friday Night Football game#1

Is it too late to demand DeMarco back from the Redblacks? :lol:

I think the Lions O-line is that bad, lots of new personnel due to injuries and retirements .

Mike Benevides is no Wally Buono. Hmm… what's his record since becoming head coach?

Wally has a knack for getting out at the right time.

I don't think our D is that good. BC was starting some new players on the line, particularly at left tackle, and they just could not handle the stunting and the pressure.

:roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Lions got a lock on last place in the West. What a sad sack team. Just terrible. HOw come the coach waited so long to switch quarterbacks. I have alot of respect for Glenn but you need to change qb's when nothing is being accomplished.
Poor coaching and very poor play on offense and defence for the Pussycats. Wow, what a disappointment. B.C. and Hamilton could be the league basement dwellers this season. :oops: :oops:

I thought the Als played pretty well. Stafford added some nice punch and speed on offense and Smith was much better.
The defence was terrific albeit against a completely useless Lions O-line. Man they were awful. But generally the way things have been going this was a great result and effort by Montreal. Whitaker was a load.

Looks like Glenn has hit the wall this year.

…AND getting back in at the right time…watch out Mr. Benevides…He could be the first coaching casualty in 2014 if he doesn’t turn that ship around…I had to chuckle when Benevides blew the challenge call on the incompletion, that was called a catch… He was going up and down the sidelines clutching the challenge flag like a security blanket…You messed up Mike and Wally is watching… :wink: Brutal game by the leos and Glenn…fairly good one by the Als.

Wally should fire the coach in my opinion. Time to get a new coach in B.C. :rockin: :cowboy: 8) :oops:

He, like many other NFLer’s, thought the CFL was a bush league is quickly finding out that it isn’t and what makes a star in the NFL doesn’t translate to a CFL star. He will be cut by august.

Johnson didn't come in thinking the CFL was bush league.
He's doing fine as a fifth receiver. He's got similar numbers to SJ Green...

Indeed, Johnson came to camp with a very open mentality, and was impressively humble throughout camp.

However, his numbers are definitely not up to par with Green’s as of now. He’s got a whole 20 yards to his name in the CFL right now, while Green is nearing 100. If he’s not performing well, though, it’s most probably because he’s still getting used to the nuances of the Canadian game, and not because he considered it bush league or underestimated the talent here.

It is far too premature to right off Johnson after playing just two games in this league all the while on rotational duty.

By your token sentiments, I guess Troy Smith who has seen action in 7 games thus far, should have been released long ago?

It takes time to develop and adapt to the Canadian game, including the drastic personnel/coaching changes that the Als have experienced this season.