BB'S Make Trade - Looking At 2010 Already

Amazing, Kelly/Bauer finally pull the trigger and trade Franklin, Bryant and a draft pick for Titus Ryan, Jabari Aurthur, Odell Willis and 2 picks. Both Ryan and Jabari are young, Ryan is a promising player that plays with "Edge", they say, Autthur is a Canadian reciever with great hands and speed considering he is 6'4 225 Lbs, we need another big player. Willis will help us with our getting to the quarterback, he has 6 sacks and plays mean. This is finally a good sign that the BB'S trade experience for youth, Franklin has been injured all year and Bryant stunk up the Peg

I strongly feel that the dealing is not finished, i expect another trade by seasons end.

I strongly feel that IF "Kelly Tweaks" the roster, we are only 3-4 player's away from being really competetive, obviously there is a need for a QB.

We need to get rid of that clown Kelly.

The question is will these guys stay ? Arthur is playing his option.

If he gets to play I think he would stay considering this was his second season with the Stamps and he's got no stats to show for it.

He arrived from the NFL last fall and he got hurt in pre-season this year. I think he may head to Montreal but I guess the Bombers were in the same situation with the receivers they traded.

Anybody know when the trading deadline is? Also interested in when Bishop can be cut without paying him? If anyone knows. :oops:

If he's considered a Veteran player, Labour Day was the cutoff to avoid paying him (which is why Barrin Simpson won't be released). I'm not sure if he has that distinction yet or not.

I'm also not sure when the trade deadline is, but I don't see a lot of QBs available right now that would actually make a difference.

I think Bishop is Bombers best hope, so dont misunderstand! Especially with Toronto and BC in the next 2 outings. Bombers beat Toronto and BC, while Toronto and BC lose once more? Bombers would have something to hold on to.

As far as trade deadlines was really only asking as a Bishop fan? Would love to see him with a decent team.

I thought they needed a QB? more dumb moves, I'm going to laugh real hard when Printers signs this week with the Lions and plays well when he gets his chance, Kelly will look even dumber, what a mess over their, worst I have ever witnessed in the CFL, a great legace he has made for himself, worse then what Reinbold ever did.

I am not a Kelly Supporter, I just picked the name as a joke! But I question your logic that if Printers does well in BC it means he would also have done well in Winnipeg? The question on Printers is could he do well outside of BC and their fantastic team? That question has still been unanswered and if he plays well IN BC as I am sure he will, it will still be unanswered.

BTW I rooted for Printers in Hamilton, and will root for him again if/when he lands in BC.

Trade deadline is Oct. 14.

Bishop's salary is guaranteed for the season regardless of whether he is released or not.

....RUMOURS ...are running wild in the Peg that Kelly will be given the gate today....Mark Nelson to take over as interim....IF THIS has any validity....i would say 2010 has already begun....The board of governors will have to make this decision...and Bauer is on that board...can't see paying another coach to sit at home ...HOWEVER playing to an empty house might be more financially ruinous...they'll have to weigh the two scenarios and see which road is less damaging.. :roll: :cry: sad days..

....Players can be signed to longer deals ...especially when joining a new club and actually getting to play....I think the Als. wouldn't/couldn't find a starting position for the guy....more of a chance he'll start in the Peg....we'll see ... :wink:

the clock is ticking on Kelly's CFL career, he has run out of ticking, he should be fired this week if not next week after yet another loss, time to send this guy packing, the Bomber organization has turned into a real joke of the League. they have no talent left and it will take a few years to turn this mess around, so get used to being bottom dwellers in the east and the league. thanks to you know who

If he gets to play I think he would stay considering this was his second season with the Stamps and he's got no stats to show for it.
[/quote]
He arrived from the NFL last fall and he got hurt in pre-season this year. I think he may head to Montreal but I guess the Bombers were in the same situation with the receivers they traded.
[/quote]
....Players can be signed to longer deals ...especially when joining a new club and actually getting to play....I think the Als. wouldn't/couldn't find a starting position for the guy....more of a chance he'll start in the Peg....we'll see ... :wink:
[/quote]
That would be a coup for the Bombers. I know the Als had rated him as the top prospect in the draft #1...
I'm not sure how bad that foot fracture is, it can be a real problem for receivers. (Ask Stala). He's got great hands , smart and big.

Interesting, THANKS

Unfortunately, I was excited to see this trade simply because Bryant was gone.

Sad to see Arjei go, but I think Arthur was a great pickup and Odell Willis has definitely shown a lot of potential this year. Ryan might help the return game although at the same time, I think Jovon Johnson has picked it up a lot recently.