Bauman

hehehe. Nice try. The record crowd will be at the Stamps/Riders game. Doubt they open up Mosaic Stadium to broadcast the final from Vancouver.

And as for Bauman, you better keep him. He will be a go to slot receiver for years and will bring back memories of DePietro.

I was looking pass calgary and at B.C not at the riders home! As with Bauman ,he needs a good receiver coach to teach him not to be afraid of taking a good hit here and there!We sure can use flutie right now to show him the ropes!

If it were only that easy!!!!

You can't teach someone how to take a hit here and there. That's something that you are born with. Either he will adapt to the speed and the hitting of the pro game or he won't. My guess is that he will...Brock Ralph however, has reached the point where we can safely say that he will never be a clutch receiver. Maybe a switch to wide out would help.

And the last thing you’d want is for Bauman to take Ralphie as his role model.

Seriously, Ralph has to be put in situations where he knows the risk of taking a hit are minimal. That way, he can concentrate on catching the ball.

An Argo-Cat fan

The new regime can’t hide behind mistakes and if this kid keeps dropping very catchable balls (1st over pick or not) he must be let go. No room of players like this. And no loyalties can be given out.

and long with my above post, Same goes for running game, If Caulley beats Jesse out in training camp, than Caulley better start. Same with every other position on the team. Best players play End Of Story!.

At least Bauman got open pretty regular. That’s somthing. Some receivers couldn’t do that.

Heck, Ray Elgaard dropped easy passes his whole career. So did DePietro and a number of others. BUT...they grabbed way more key ones and often made the tough catch. In the games I saw Hamilton, I saw the same pattern in Bauman. He'll be fine. Just be willing to live with the odd drop because it will happen. But you will be VERY pleased with the number of big catches he makes for you.

We all know that in the CFL, the best player doesn't always get the job. Much depends on how the import ratio works out for the players on hand. Besides, in this case, it'as an academic issue since Lumsden is a better back than anyone else the Cats had this year.

An Argo-Cat fan

seems a tad early to give up on him. didnt tracey mcgrady average like 4 points in his first nba season? he didnt seem much worse than anyone else out there.

he just seems scared to be hit!Archee knew how to take hit and was never scared and got back on his feet in seconds for a small guy.But Bauman is tall and has to adjust or will be bullied in this league!

please don't bring up Archie... I still miss the guy., And wish we had him in the 04 Playoffs against TO. Would have been a different story if D-Mac had Arch to rely on over the middle in that poor offensive performance.

Good point Justdoit, Archie was the smallest guy on the team and took a beating week in week out but was our go to guy.

Bauman can't be afraid to take a hit or he's in the wrong sport.

The guy is a raw rookie out of the CIS, he's playing against far better players than he has before and I think he did an alright job.

To give up on him now would be silly, it would be like the Riders giving up on Fantuz after last year as he posted very similar numbers as Bauman.

I feel exactly the same way about Bauman. He will be better.. much better. I have said earlier in this thread that his errors this year are all related to it being his rookie year. Coming into this year i'm sure he knew the pro game would be much more intense and quick than university was but nothing mental can ever truly prepare a man for the pro game coming out of uni. I played DB 2 years at Waterloo and 1 at Western in the early 90's and started building my body in my first year of high school ball. I kept myself in prime condition for 8 years total. I started high school at 145lbs and by my 3rd year I had bulked up to 180lbs by hitting the weights (my high school luckily had a great weight room) 4 times a week. In my last year of university I was draft eligible but undrafted. I went to the Ti-Cats free agent camp the following spring and just made it into the top half but was thanked for coming out at the end of the day and sent home. My point.. if I went through all I did and couldn't even get a camp invite then Bauman must really have something to get drafted #1.

His main issue is typical of a rookie.. not using his body properly or to his advantage. He hasn't started using his height and arm length to his advantage. It sometimes looks as if he plays bent forward a bit. Once Printers and Williams know him better i'm sure they will subconsciously throw a bit higher to him. In the times Bauman has played well this year he has shown a lot of raw talent and can only get better. His skills are being completely retooled over what he is used to.

Did You watch Bauman at the side lines in the hardy cup where his Regina team was slaughtered by the Bisons? Well I guess he is use to seeing that!

Bauman did make rookie mistakes, but he also made some of the nieces catches Ive seen all year. This guy has talent and I cant believe some people what to trade him.

I would Trade him and 1st Pick for Real Wideout
Maybe for Paris Jackson or Nikolas Lewis
He not a game breaker.

I agree 100%. He may still develop into a good player. He showed enough as a rookie to be given the benefit of any doubt people may have. However, I think his development would be quicker if the team had a solid veteran to teach him the ropes rather than the turnstile the Cats had at that position this year. And please don't mention Ralph as a mentor. I wouldn't want Bauman to take him as a role model.

An Argo-Cat fan

[/quote]
please don't bring up Archie... I still miss the guy., And wish we had him in the 04 Playoffs against TO. Would have been a different story if D-Mac had Arch to rely on over the middle in that poor offensive performance.
[/quote]
actually archie played in that playoff game.
he had been injured since part way through the 14th game of the season, and he played in that game at skydome. it was his last game as a tiger-cat.
he had no returns, no receptions, but had one carry, an end-around for a 22-yard gain.
i miss him too.

Bauman needs to stop looking upfield before he catches.
If he can change this behaviour he could be a keeper.