Battle Tested: 3 key defensive veterans in Calgary

CFL.ca will be previewing the 2021 season, breaking down special teams, defence and offence for all nine teams as they get set to hit the field.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/07/09/battle-tested-3-key-defensive-veterans-calgary/

Im pretty sure were ready to roll again. Calgary is a lowkey GC contender

Not much mention of the DE's with Casher & Law elsewhere. DT's are good, LB's are good if Wall plays SAM... BUT Greenwood is 36 & has played 40 games in 6 CFL seasons. Big blank on his record for 2017 as he spent the entire season on IR. As for the DB's, no hiding the fact that Roberson & Brandon Smith are missing. So, for me 5 big question marks on D. They were middling in sacks in '19 & half of their sacks came from Law & Casher. Monson has his work cut out for him. It will be an interesting year in Calgary.

i think Connor Mcgough will impress many people

1 Like

yes I agree Greenwood is a concern
Here are 2 scenarios with the starting 7 Canadians
Scenario 1- Lawerence, McEwan, Scevior, Mayala, Wiggan, Greenwood, Metchie
Scenario 2- Lawerence, McEwan, Scevior, Mayala, Sindani, Wiggan, Metchie

1 Like

I see that Greenwood was placed on the injured list today (see cfl.ca transactions). Hopefully it's not long term.

1 Like

i would think Greenwood would be out longer then Mcgough who was also put on the injured vet list. i was talking to Mcgough myself though so got injury update from the direct person regarding his injury after seeing Danny's tweet. i've been friends with Connor for 4 years , so he would tell me the truth about his injury . so likely Mcgough will be back soon so sometime during camp for sure. players on injured vet list can participate in training camp activities if / when there able to