Bart is coming back next year...

We can only hope. :twisted:

[url]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Toronto/2009/11/03/11625491-sun.html[/url]

A few new coaches have contributed greatly to the Tiger-Cats' improvement this year. And, he's one of them!

And Adam Rita, General Manager of the Argo’s may still be contributing
to the success of the Hamilton Tiger Cats even if he isn’t around next year

If it’s true that Andrus makes a reported $475,000 a year, then he probably won’t be let go.

That’s a large chunk of cash that neither co-owners David Cynamon and Howard Sokolowski,
nor David Braley, if he does wind up buying the team, might be willing to swallow.

You can't blame him for their receiver, qb and oline problems. They have by far the worst talent on offence in the league, it really doesnt matter who their coach is with receivers that bad.

Kind of like us the past 5 years?

I think you’re pretty accurate there, Drexl. Their receiving corps is easily the weakest in the league, and at QB Cody Pickett clearly isn’t ready to be a starter in this league (and might not ever be, I don’t see much potential there), and Kerry Joseph is clearly past his ‘best before’ date.

That said, trying to make Joseph into a pocket passer rather than designing an offence geared to his skill set is a coaching mistake, and that blame does attach to Andrus.

The offensive line played very poorly this year. . . they spent big bucks to bring in Murphy and Picard, so the talent would appear to be there. . . to the extent that it was scheme rather than personnel that caused the O line problems, then that too is Andrus’ responsibility.

However, I think on balance you’re correct. . . a great coach in Toronto would have produced better results, but they likely still would have finished last anyway, just with a slightly better record. I agree that lack of overall talent was a more important reason for their stumbling so badly this year than the coaching (although the latter was a contributing factor).

I’ll go this far–Bart would like to return. Whether the owners want him back is another question. Let’s face it, the team is worse now than when the season began. There’s been no season long progression of the team or individual players under Andrus. If anything, they’re going backwards.

I’d say it’s 50-50 that Andrus is back and I’d give worse odds on his assistants and even worse odds on Rita and Mohns who should’ve been shown the door two years ago.

An Argo-Cat fan

8) You're right barney, if anyone is to blame it is Rita and Mohns.
 Whether Bart is back or not , the final decision should be Mr. Rita and Mohns be shown the door !!!

Why don't they hire Taman? He's got to be an upgrade over Rita.

If it was up to me I'd bring back Leo Cahill as GM and all time Argo Obie as Coach. :slight_smile:

That’s okay, we’re happy with Obie stacking our team up with talent :wink:
If I were the Argo’s Org. i’d look into trying out Rick Worman at HC.
Just a suggestion.