Barron Miles

I have some serious concerns about the way Barron Miles has played in the last two games...

I know of at least three incidences where Miles has failed the stop either the running back or slot back crossing the middle, to pick up an additional 10-18 yards or touchdown on the play, as in the Edmonton game last week.

I must admit I haven't noticed any or a lot of plays that I'd pick on any one guy on the D for blowing. Without a doubt, as a unit they are playing together effectively with this year's better pressure on the QBs and some variation in defensive schemes giving the front guys some better options for QB attacking.

Will have to watch more carefully next games. Definitely vs Edmonton in the second half early the Lion's D seemed to be backing off a bit at the same time Ricky Ray started really coming on and that led to scoring. I just can't hang that all on the one guy but that may have been as I was focusing more on what Ray was doing and our front guys.

It will be interesting to see how others see this.

Pierce-I learned a lot about perseverance. Things aren’t always going to go your way. I’ve become so much more aware of the realities of the game and life…Things can be taken away from you. You can either sit back…or overcome it and fight through it....

Pigskin is right about Miles. He played well in the first few games but has had problems with tackling in the last couple. I'm not so worried about it unless it continues

Please don't misunderstand...

I feel very fortunate that BM is now a Lion, and he brings great athleticism, speed, and experience to his very important position.

He also has my undying support as I am grateful to him for choosing to play for our Lion organization, but with this choice comes great responsibility, as he is our last line of defence.

While intercepting an opposing offender he must make his approach tempering speed with deliberation, closing under control using fundamental tackling technics, or will be of little value to us otherwize.

Don't worry pigskin.

For every 2 mistakes BM makes....he turns around and makes 8 incredible plays which you may or may not see. Double coverage, ball anticipation to break up a play, etc, etc.

The guy is not perfect...but I'd easily put him in the top ten in secondary players in the league.

Your observations are joyfully heartening Oatneal!

It will be interesting to see how Baron responds to this weeks rematch in Calgary.

It will be interesting to see how Baron responds to this weeks rematch in Calgary.
As usual you're very observant Pigskin53. Miles returned to form in the Calgary game with a fumble recovery and some key tackles. He also played much better at safety with some excellent reads and anticipation.

It was rewarding to see how well Barron played Blitz...

It was like he was reding my post and brought his A game last night. I was never happier to see him scoop his second fumble recovery this season and take it to the one yard line... just sensational!

The Lion's defensive strategy of vacating underneath, and bring everyone worked beutifully the first time they used that blitz package, but backfired on subsequent repleats, as it cost us that 1st Calgary TD that could have been avoided, but I've never seen the D on the same page like they were last night.

It was rewarding to see how well Barron played Blitz...

It was like he was reding my post and brought his A game last night. I was never happier to see him scoop his second fumble recovery this season and take it to the one yard line... just sensational!

The Lion's defensive strategy of vacating underneath, and bring everyone worked beutifully the first time they used the bring everyone blitz package, but backfired on subsequent repleats, as it cost us that 1st Calgary TD that could have been avoided, but I've never seen the D on the same page like they were last night.