Barrett unhappy

I know that there has already been some Danny Barrett threads....but here's another one.

Barrett is quoted this morning as saying that he considered resigning after Roy Shivers was fired, but that he was talked out of it by Shivers and club CEO Jim Hopson.

Clearly Barrett is unahppy in Saskatchewan and his days could also be numbered.

Barrett has had some success in Regina and seems to be a players coach.

I wonder if Barrett would be a good fit in Hamilton? I would still lean towards Charlie Taffe as the new head guy, but maybe Barrett could help in some other way.

What do you think?

I thought about this better when I wasn't groggy in the morning without a coffee and shower in abother thread. :wink:

Barrett as an OC would be an upgrade,IMHO. That hire is going to be the new coach's decision though, not mine. We'll see.

Oski Wee Wee,

I thought about this better when I wasn't groggy in the morning without a coffee and shower in abother thread. :wink:

Barrett as an OC would be an upgrade,IMHO. That hire is going to be the new coach's decision though, not mine. We'll see.

Oski Wee Wee,

Some Rider fan thoughts on Barrett:

• Players coach. Nicest and most upstanding man you will ever meet.
  • Year 6/7 years as a head coach and still making "rookie" mistakes.
  • Career winning % below .500
  • Does not seem to get players to play for him unless jobs are on the line or there is some sort of urgency to win. This is evident in many games over the last 6/7 years.