Barker's hit on Ralph

He was the one who missed a tackle and took out Jamal Johnson at the same time. Bad play by everyone on that one but it didn’t look like he was completely out of position at least since the receiver looked well covered by other players.

ok thanks doc I must have missed him. I will check it again. Yea that was a weird play with all our guys taking out one another. You take away that play and the interception for a TD and the Bombers had nothing at all.

From what I’ve seen - Beveridge has played more as a cleanup hitter against runs down the middle and crossing routes after the catch, like an LB. Barker has made many more plays on the ball, more like DB - but that Ralph hit shows he can bang too.

Which is exactly why Barker is the better fit at Safety. Our secondary needs help more often then our linebackers. Barker's speed makes him an asset in pass coverage. The hit sounded worse then it actually was but sometimes that makes it just as effective. I hope Barker can do both jobs: starting Safety and lead the sprint down field on special teams.

Not so sure that he will be gone soon Earl.

Many are willing to give a legit 4.4-40 Canadian receiver a second-third-and 4th chance.

That 4th quarter drop to kill a drive when the Bummers were still within striking range was classic Ralphie. It only hit him in the hands.

He'll never be more than what he's always been--a guy with speed, height, a reluctance to take a hit, unreliable when it counts and a Canadian passport.

An Argo-Cat fan

How encouraging to see that Hitchcockian hit by Barker!

Hope we can keep him ...!!

Wasn’t a Hitchcock hit… it was a Barker hit. Barker is not Hitchcock and doesn’t play anything like him.

Why must people always compare talented new players to former greats? How about we just look at each player as an individual talent.

It 's a large compliment to have it mentioned that you made a hit like Hitch. :cowboy:

Not raining in your cornflakes is it ?
geeez

Beautiful sounding hit, on TV sounded like all of Winnipeg felt that one. :smiley:

Does this performance of quarterbacking such a dominant defensive effort (two games in a row (once against the West champs)) lock down Barker's first playoff start?

still great hit. But the second camera angle showed a little more realistic depiction of the hit. You guys really don’t like Brock Ralph ?? He’s got all the tools 2 become a successful CFL player, pretty similar to Chris Bauman

Au contraire, I’ve always liked Brock Ralph. I didn’t say anything about him at all. Ralph has been in the league for quite a while though. If those tools haven’t developed yet, I don’t know if they ever will. I have lots of respect for Ralph on a personal and professional level.

sorry.i should clarify; i didn't mean you; i just meant if you quickly scroll through the thread, there was some negativity thrown Brock's way but no big deal..

Lots of that when he was here too, but I always liked him.

Me too. His potential was too much 4 me not 2 like him. I think we maybe could of "groomed" him a little better while he was here..

How do you groom a chicken?

he’s a wuss with speed and Bauman has better hands than him.

Don’t know if I’d go that far…

Seems pretty close to accurate to me. I like Bauman better. Neither should be playing tho

Baumann is also a better blocker, but Ralph runs better patterns.

I continually believe that one of the keys to the Cats turnaround has been replacing guys that couldn't catch on second and long (like Ralph) with guys that can like Stala, Bruce and Rodriguez. Stala particularly has been used like a tight end, extending drives with a catch in traffic, while taking a hit, and holding on.

Brock Ralph was a drive killer when he was in Hamilton, just like that key fourth quarter drop yesterday. I don't miss him and much prefer watching him play now that he wears an opposition jersey.

As for Bauman, he is becoming more surehanded now in his limited role. He killed a number of drives here in the past with entirely makeable catches, as do many young receivers. If he can continue to make the difficult ones, he could be here for a long time.