Banks

Okay so let’s do the math . Speedy is currently ranked 10th best…in a 9 team league . :roll:
So saying he is top #10 is roughly akin to saying that the Cats are ranked in the top #10 for Football teams in Canada at the moment . :lol:

He is ranked 10th in total yards for Punt Returns, he has only returned 6. He averages 13.5 yards, which if you went by that he is fourth.

For kick returns he is 3rd in total yards, he has returned 18(he has handled the most in the league). He averages 16.7 yards, and if you went by that he is 19th.

So far this season there has been 3 punt returns for TDs and 1 kick off returned for a td in the entire league

But he isn't producing, the guy is a real slacker, let's run him out of town!

His job when returning is to get yards so the OFFENCE can be off in a decent start off point. In my opinion he seems to be doing just that and doing it quite well compared to every other team. (even with perhaps less quality blocking then he has had in previous years)

We all know what Banks is capable of doing.

He can do this

And this

And this too

Thurs night he is Due hope you guys eat crow!

I for one sincerely hope you’re right . It’s been a loooooooong time since Speedy took one to the house . You say he is due , I say he is waaaaaay overdue !!! This team definitely needs some sort of spark , anything short of using jumper cables to get this lifeless engine purring once again . Hopefully on Thursday we will see the Speedy of old instead of this impostor that we’ve seen lately that has been wearing jersey #16 for this team . :cowboy:

I’m not sure I’d rank the Cats as high as #10, bobo. :stuck_out_tongue:

Classic case of Fake News !!! :wink: :cowboy:

Well, I know what he WAS capable of doing. Absolutely amazing. But given what I’ve seen from him lately, I’m just not convinced that he’s still capable of it.

I really hope to be convinced soon.

There could be many reasons why Banks isn't producing like he used to. He doesn't seem to "turn it up" as often anymore. It could also be that after his first season of blowing past people, other teams found ways to contain him better and cut off his routes to the outside, and he never adapted.

As far as his attitude, who knows, we don't sit down and talk with the guy. But didn't he show up and play with a fractured rib or something last season? Don't quote me, I'm not 100% on what it was, but he was injured and came out an played.

I hope he finds his mojo again and turns this thing around. Just seems like all the guys that have the potential are holding back.

How can you pin anything on Gable, when he hasn’t had any opportunity to play. He’s only played in the first game and didn’t get many touches at that.

Well, in fairness to cats99, Gable did look invisible the last two games.

Get that boy some MDMA and let’s get’er going! He’s only gotta walk over to Cannon St to pick up… how y’al think he got the nickname “speedy”… read between lines!

yes . It's not just a single player, it's not the coach, it's just about everyone on the team

Maybe Mr CJ Unable Gable can take some to improve his stellar performances over the last year ! Over paid bum!

I don’t know, but if we release him, and someone else picks him up, and then trades him for some other player, I know exactly who will be on this board shouting about how it never even dawned on the Ticats to hang onto him indefinitely until a trade offer came along.
[/quote]
Yes, after having been burned big time on the Dyakowski giveaway, perhaps Kent Tillman is now stubbornly hanging on to Banks. Frankly, I can’t think of many other reasons why Banks remains on the team. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]
Go to CFL Stats before you bash #16 for returns he is

[url=https://www.cfl.ca/stats/?stat_category=punt_returns&season=2017]https://www.cfl.ca/stats/?stat_category ... eason=2017[/url]

top 10 he is #10 with sh_t blocking

Get rid of this over paid injury prone bum! CJ Gable around 30 th in rushing even Zack has more yards!

[url=https://www.cfl.ca/stats/?stat_category=rushing&season=2017]https://www.cfl.ca/stats/?stat_category ... eason=2017[/url]

So before you say get rid of speedy do your math!

ok lets do the math 9 teams in the league each having a primary kick returner and hes 10th hmmm not that impressed since hes also had the most attempts

Tell ya what ExPat , here’s an idea just to shut up old Seymour :smiley: . Hows about we trade Banks , Gable and Collaros to the Riders for Glenn , Grant and Dyakowski ? :slight_smile: :cowboy:

Some thoughts on your fantasy trade if I’m a GM:

Under Austin, Collaros has essentially morphed into an unexceptional pocket passer with a relatively slow release in place of the agile, quick, elusive QB that demonstrated some Flutie-like talents earlier in his career. At this point, the Tiger-Cats are paying a reported $520,000/year to a QB who is playing like a $150,000-200,000 QB.
When you’re reportedly being paid the highest salary in the league, you better perform like it and that isn’t happening. Austin has made the classic mistake of paying a huge portion of the salary cap (1/6 of the total as I recall)to TWO players. When signed, I believe Collaros and Laurent were the highest paid offensive and defensive players in the league respectively. In my opinion, neither of them is performing close to that level but Austin is now saddled with the salaries and limited to what he can do salary-wise with the rest of the team.

Concerning a trade for Banks, if I’m an opposing GM, Banks may be more valuable to me if he remains on the Tiger-Cats’ roster. If the reports about his toxic attitude are correct, why not let him infect a competitor’s roster instead of risking a trade that may infect my own roster?

It’s hard to be visible when your number isn’t called, except to block. I was never a big fan of Gable’s…but think his talents aren’t being utilized. Why can’t we find a great running back?
Can’t remember when we had anyone in the top 5. Everyone else seems to be able to find them. I say we trade for one of the league’s back-ups…not sure who, but I’m sure there must be a good one on someone’s roster.

He is not playing because Austin sits him healthy scratch because he is NOT producing

How can you pin anything on Gable, when he hasn’t had any opportunity to play. He’s only played in the first game and didn’t get many touches at that.
[/quote]
Well, in fairness to cats99, Gable did look invisible the last two games.
[/quote]
It’s hard to be visible when your number isn’t called, except to block. I was never a big fan of Gable’s…but think his talents aren’t being utilized. Why can’t we find a great running back?
Can’t remember when we had anyone in the top 5. Everyone else seems to be able to find them. I say we trade for one of the league’s back-ups…not sure who, but I’m sure there must be a good one on someone’s roster.
[/quote]
Look back to 2013. Gable had 1400 yards rushing/receiving and 12 TDs. Nice season by any standard.