Banks ready to sign With the Stamps

Heard a rumour this last night that Brad banks is ready to sign with the Stamps, anyone else heard any news on the Banks situation?

This may be a rumour only, but it seems Banks doesn't wanna play in the Peg anyway's. I say if he has this attitude, let the A$$ go already.

And so the Bombers enter the season with Kevin Glenn and no one but some college kid named Holland as the backup? Dangerous.

The Ticats haven't closed the door on
signing one more QB before Training Camp.

Maybe the Ticats are negotiating with Brad, too.

Brad worked with our O.C., Mike Workman last year.

Signing him would keep him from a division rival
and deprive them of a CFL experienced back up QB. :twisted:

That's Odd because Ed Tait has Said he is already Signed numerous times just it has not been officially announced yet. Similar to the two un-drafted UFA guys the Bombers Signed after the Draft.

AGAIN BARNES, I SAID THIS BEFORE , KEY WORD "UN-OFFICIALLY". WHICH MEANS HE IS FREE TO CHOOSE FROM ANY TEAM THAT WANTS HIM AS HE HAS NOT "OFFICIALLY PUT THE PEN ON PAPER, HE IS PLAYING GAMES WITH THE BOMBER BRASS AND THEY SHOULD LET HIM WALK HIS OWN LINE IF HE WANTS TO PLAY THAT WAY.

It was said again today during the state of the franchise dealio.
Banks will be in camp as a Bomber.

Not officially announced does not mean he is free to choose, it means the team has not done the lil song and dance of showing the media the deal.

If Calgary wants to pay him 100K+ ha, have fun, but from what is getting told it's all done just has not been announced.

"Glenn was plagued by knee and ankle injuries in 2006. Berry is comfortable with his back-up situation should he be forced out of the line-up again with Brad Banks and Ryan Dinwiddie." From Coach Berry and the state of the league address(Bombers one)

Well we can now put the Banks-to-Calgary rumour to rest. See the home page for the news report.

..you're right Madjack.....Banks has officially signed on with the Bombers today along with a guy by the name of Bohnet......seems we're gonna have a few prospects take a shot at the qb. position....the more the merrier.... :wink: :thup:

Well I've never been overly impressed with Banks, personally. And I am singularly UNimpressed by Dimwittie, so I hope Bohnet and Holland get quality time in TC and exhibition games to show what they bring to the table.

I agree with Dinwiddie not being impressive, he is 27(same age as Glenn) and did that whole AFL bit and wasn't that strong in the BC game last year.

I would rather go with Holland, Bohnet or possible the other QB that SHOULD be signed by camp.

Holland has a good arm and is young, good combo.(80+ yard ability to throw and he is 24)

Welcome back Brad, Berry still thinks the kid has potential, that is good enough for me.