Balls

Despite what you may have heard, the NFL ball is thinner than the CFL ball, any QB that has played with both will tell you that.

not as per the rule books

from the CFL rule book
The circumference of the long axis shall be not less than 27 ¾ inches nor
greater than 28 1/4 inches. The circumference of the girth or short axis shall be not
less than 20 7/8 inches nor greater than 21 1/8 inches.

NFL ball
Long Circumference 27 3/4 "- 28 1/2 "
Short Circumference: 20 3/4"- 21 1/4"

For both circumferences the upper end is larger for the NFL

And really, when was the last time your heard the CFL say "Our balls are bigger"?

Like I said, ask any QB who has played with both

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Winnipeg/2008/05/29/5704856-sun.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 6-sun.html[/url]

What can I say other than to post the official dimensions

When was that published? There's no date...

May 2008

:oops: Didn't notice it was right in the URL...

The key thing about the dimensions ro, is that the girth difference can be almost an inch between the two.

I didnt notice that,,,,,its on the page

So it is... Jesus... :oops: :lol:

The palm of your hand is very sensitive, it knows when your holding something bigger than what your used to you. :wink:

Exactly

Remeber the CFLhad a campaign our Balls are bigger! I bought the t shirt sent it to a Canadian FEmale officer in the US Navy she wore it all the time. That was a couple of years ago. I have heard QB's coming up to TC complaining about the size of the ball. So there must be a difference.

[url=http://www.amazon.ca/Bigger-balls-overcoming-Canadian-inferiority/dp/1553660838]http://www.amazon.ca/Bigger-balls-overc ... 1553660838[/url] [url=http://geekswithblogs.net/dlussier/archive/2006/11/17/97464.aspx]http://geekswithblogs.net/dlussier/arch ... 97464.aspx[/url] http://cfl.scout.com/2/694314.html

SELLING THE CFL
TheStar.com | Football | The message for CFL is simple: Survival
The message for CFL is simple: Survival

That's a high price to watch the Bills
Here's a conversation some of us might have in the future: "So, honey, which should we do? Go see the Bills or go to Europe?''
Jun 27, 2008 04:30 AM
Garth Woolsey

Fittingly, Mark Cohon wears a CFL pin on the left lapel of his well-tailored suit. Over his heart, in other words.

It is his job to protect and promote the league, but it appears after 14 months on the job to be the youthful commissioner's genuine and growing passion, too.

The pin combined with a winning smile and smooth delivery affords scant protection against the threat posed this season by the incursion from the south of the bully-boy Buffalo Bills, but Cohon is resolutely taking the high road. His philosophy is summed up by the league motto for '08 – "This Is Our League" – and a stylish three-minute video montage that was previewed by a meeting of the Star's editorial board yesterday.

Last night Cohon was to be in Hamilton for the regular season Ticats-Alouettes kickoff. Tonight it will be Winnipeg for Argos-Bombers. Tomorrow it is Regina for Riders-Eskimos. Wherever he goes the message will be same – Canada first, Canada forever, 110 yards is better than 100, three downs beats four.

Jousting with the NFL gorilla is nothing new. There was a memorable CFL campaign built around the questionable taste of the motto "Our Balls Are Bigger" a few years back. But the current threats are more tangible than ever.

"The sky is not falling," said Cohon, "and that is in the context of the Bills. ... I look at this and say we have a strong league and (the NFL playing games in Canada) is not going to impact upon a hundred years of tradition. The best thing we can do is say, `Let's focus on the things we can control.'"

The CFL remains uniquely affordable among pro sports and the CFL players are extremely active in their communities. There's a genuine grassroots feel to the league, if at times it verges on too folksy by far.

Cohon rejects, for the time being at least, soliciting the federal government for anti-NFL legislation. The CFL's relative strengths are reflected in seven consecutive seasons of growing average attendance and an exclusive, enabling long-term TV contract with TSN.

Still, without identifying them by name, Cohon says some teams lost money last season and acknowledges that the "CFL as we know it and the Grey Cup would not survive without Toronto. We need Toronto as a strong and viable franchise."

There are other issues on his agenda:

With Ottawa likely back in the fold in 2010 or 2011, expansion to the Maritimes and/or Quebec City remains under long-range consideration.

The league will consider a Grey Cup sponsor for the right price and in the format of "brought to you by."

New or improved stadiums are a priority in some cities, especially Winnipeg.

Mandatory drug testing is on the way, possibly next season, with the full compliance of the players' association.

But simple survival, clearly, is the No.1 priority, as it has been more or less forever.

The CFL's struggles and successes through the years are "really about the fabric of the nation," says Cohon. Run up the flag. Buy a lapel pin.

"This is a marathon," Cohon says. "This is about tapping into something that is important to our nation. Young kids today are getting back to things that are authentic. They're listening to their dads' Pink Floyd albums. They're listening to The Who and the Rolling Stones. They're questioning about the role of Canada and what it means to them. What we're doing is tapping into something that is really authentic."

Which may be true. But those three bands are all British. Details, details, details.

This thread constitutes proof positive that this offseason is already too long and we all have entirely too much time on our hands.

Funny but they had the campaign obviously you did not read any links I oprovided for you. Oh yes you do not deal with all fact only the ones you care to post. But thats not make this into a silly arguement. Read the links and it will show you they actually had a campaign Our Balls are Bigger.

I think we have the tools to measure the exact size, circumference of the balls in the year 2009, pretty sure anyways. Even in these difficult economic times, I'm thinking the feds will start up some commission to study the ball sizes, you know all part of national security or something, and produce a multi-volume report. :wink:

Did I say that the CFL ball was never bigger? Huh? Did I? Quote me where I said the balls were never bigger....I wont hold my breath though cause we all know you wont!
Try reading the posts from time to time instead of trolling all the time!
I said the balls are now the same size...
Yes there USED to be a campaign saying "Our balls are bigger" but they don't use that anymore?
Why is that you ask?
Because the balls are now the same size!

Remember the J5V That ball was bigger but we don't we don't use the J5V any more do we?

I posted the facts...
I posted the ball size from the CFL rule book and from the NFL rule book.....
I know you would rather argue than admit you are wrong but the rule books are the rule books whether you can admit it or not!

I never knew they stopped using the J5V ball. I always thought that was one of the better things about the CFL.