Bakari on the crowd at THF, gives a few suggestions !

As a former concert band director & Pianist,

That monotone collection of notes is Funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Thanks for the good Laugh!

As a former baritone sax player, it’s actually not far off some of the music I was given to play. :x

Fans truly need to know when to be quiet and when to be loud. I still find it amazing that in our beautiful new seats with no obstructions, people feel that they have to stand up during a play. I know some people live in an "its all about me world" but get over yourselves! You can see the entire field from any seat in the house. :roll:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

You do know standing is part of the live experience right? you can be much louder standing up its why they have players on the big screen telling us all to get out of our seats and make noise. Its Not Baseball

Must be our hockey culture Bolt.

Personally I don't stand up and cheer on the defence until it's about 5 mins left in the 4th (unless we are blown out). The rest of the game I'm pretty much yelling from my seat.

Crowd noise in any sport venue is one of the great things to be apart of. Whether you have horns, cowbells or vocal chords, they should be highly encouraged during the full 60 minutes. Stand up, clap your hands, make it flat out impossible to play in for the other team. I have played in a lot of big hockey games where the crowd has stood the entire game and the adrenaline flows through you much faster.

If you've never watched a NCAA football game, you should. Those fans stand the entire game, and I truly believe they make a difference. So, yeah, stand up, be proud of your damn city and lets make Tim Horton's Field (always will be Ivor Wynne) a never win stadium again. We got the players now, so lets give them the fans and the noise they have earned over the past two years. We certainly have some time to make up

We are as loud as we can be on defense we try to make it Nasty for Opposing QB,s and teams to play their game here nothing but good things can happen if teams hate coming here we are the 13thman so hence we are part of the game and US FANS CAN make things happen on the field its why i LOVE CFL Football :rockin:

I love standing up and cheering as loud as I can for key plays throughout the game. When you are excited you want to jump on to your feet. To me it is a natural reaction. At Bills games at the Ralph almost all 70,000 on on their feet any time the other team has a third down play - throughout the entire game. Its part of the fun of being at the game.

Same is true of other sports - especially when it is a big game. Heck I remember being at Game 6 of the World Series the Jays won on the Carter home run in 93 and I don't think we sat down much at all over the course of the last two innings of that game. Abut 40 minutes always on our feet. Incredibly some guy behind us at one point was shouting at people to sit down. If looks could kill the guy would have died from the equivalent of multiple gun shot wounds from multiple sources - because the looks he got of 'You've got to be kidding me!' from anybody within earshot of him - was priceless.

Pat Lynch (the old guy), me and lots of others have trouble jumping to our feet. Leave us alone, and give us time, we'll get there.
As for the 13th man noise - yes it should start when their offence huddles, or when we see a quick play being called and it should last only to the snap of the ball. Defense yells out to their team mates info re where is the ball. Pass, middle, sneak, left right etc. and the should be able to hear each other; so I say stop the noise at the snap.

I’m talking about standing during the play so that the person behind you can’t see. People who do that have their phasers on stun!

Pat Lynch(the old guy who knows a little bit about cheering for the home team) :roll:

Pat, when you were younger, did you not get out of your seat when a player had the ball with nothing but daylight in front? Did you not stand when the ball was in the air floating toward a receiver wide open in the end zone? Did you not stand when we were defending a lead on 3rd down with a minute left?

I understand what you're saying, and if you were sitting behind me and asked nicely I'd try to be considerate, but if it bothers you so much, is it not possible to find your own compromise before insisting the other 15,000 of us hold back our instinctual reaction? After all, an excited crowd is good for the team.

This may not be appropriate for your physical ailments or seat preferences, so I use it only for the sake of example, if you're in the upper deck, you could buy early and move one section over and have a front row seat in the upper deck for the same price.

I guess what Mr. Lynch is trying to say is as soon as the other team huts the ball, all 18,000 people should just sit right down automatically which makes complete sense. (sarcasm) There is a reason why they call it home field advantage, loud, proud and a hindrance to the other team the ENTIRE time they are on the field. When we have our own players asking us to be louder while the visitors are on the field. The deal is done. Be loud the second they cross the out of bounds line to line up on OUR field. Stand up, be proud of our defence that has been lights out the past 3 games at home.

to be fair, it doesn’t say “get out of our seats and make noise”, it usually says to “make noise”, but I get what you mean. I think some fans get frustrated because even when they stand up, they’re too short and can’t see anything (not even the big screen tv) and it ruins their experience.

Pat the Old guy - if Row 1 in the Upper level is not available - this Pat the younger (I think) guy has the perfect seats for you. Any section in the Upper Deck on the east side, Row 10. Seats 1 - 3 or Seats 28 - 30. Nobody in front of you (other than when people are coming up from concessions).

Here the view from Section 217, Row 10 Seats 29 and 30. (my brother has the hairy legs - lol)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10614362_10203217809099315_1465466187035781515_n.jpg?oh=fadd1e497acb64c15702946defebfe45&oe=54C77E30&__gda__=1422868701_27f3b3a524698fb78d5e702e4e0c8ec1

good thing some of the Kilted Box J boys don't sit there? :oops:

i think one has to be considerate of a few factors before standing the whole game.

older people whom may not be able to stand all game. small children, they wont be able to see either regardless if the
stand.

now those people should be considerate of you wanting to stand as well.

rules (or guidelines) for those wishing to stand
never on offence.
never on 1st down. (defence)
ALWAYS ON 2-3rd downs (defence)
never when we punt/kickoff
anytime a big play happens (offence)
anytime with 4mins to go in 4th quarter (offence and defence)

feel free to add

Imagine 15000+ Baritone Saxophones being played simultaneously @ THF everytime the Op. O was on the field? :lol:

Any time the opposition coach challenges a PI! :lol: :smiley: 8)

COUNT ME IN!!! :o

So its agreed then; we make noise from the time their offence starts a play call and quit when the ball is snapped regardless whether we are sitting or standing.

BTW we met a guy under the south stands at IWS who used to be an army bugler. HE could make that long plastic horn sing, even without a proper mouthpiece.