Bakari Grant

Agree let's bring him back,hopefully he signs on the dotted line and soon. I would hate to see Bakari wearing the puke Blue of that Toronto team. Does anyone have any updated info on just exactly where we are at, at this stage ? The last I heard apparently the Cats had made an offer along with rumours of Toronto as well,and he is mulling over where to sign. Hopefully it's back here and not down the Hwy in enemy territory better known as Trawna :thdn: :twisted: aka HogTown :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree, Bakari is a great team player, community guy and much needed along with his ability to make the big play, catch or block with his size and abilities. Let's get Bakari signed in Hamilton, I agree with other fans and posts I would hate to see Bakari in an Arblows Jersey!!

GO CATS GO!!!

"Coach doesnt know how to use him" is quite often the last thing a fan can say before facing up to the obvious.

Bakari ?@BGrant84

I jus wana play the game I love and be treated as an asset not a luxury. I'm gona let the business people handle the business

All im gonna say is looks like hes been insulted by what ever offers he has received

A good answer from Josh Smith and Fenderguy at bloskeeweewee about Bakari

Bakari Grantā€¦ still in limbo. Why the dance? No other team interested? Cats want a bargain?

I think the answer to this is three-fold. For starters, I truly donā€™t think Bakari Grant wants to leave Hamilton, especially if, as rumoured, the main team interested in him is Toronto. I know that football is a business, and that he does not have to have any loyalty to the Tiger-Cats, but we are talking about a guy who put on an ā€œARGOS SUCK? t-shirt after the Ti-Cats beat the Argos in Toronto in the 2013 East Final.

Secondly, the Tiger-Cats are very high on Joe Anderson, who spent time on the practice roster last season. Anderson will also be playing for a salary that will probably be half of what Grant will command. By letting Grant go, they can put a player on the field that they are very high on and save a little money in the process.

But at the end of the day, money is the biggest factor. The Ti-Cats have done a lot of work trying to fit everyone into their budget, while also being mindful of future contracts they will need to extend. Adding another multi-year, six-figure deal might not fit into Hamiltonā€™s salary structure. This is one of those times that I envision Kent Austin the general manager arguing with Kent Austin the head coach. Grant might end up being a casualty of the general managerā€™s future-planning prudence overriding head coachā€™s short-term desire to field the best possible team.

[url=http://blogskeeweewee.blogspot.ca/2015/02/monday-mailbag.html?spref=tw]http://blogskeeweewee.blogspot.ca/2015/ ... l?spref=tw[/url]

A good answer from Josh Smith and Fenderguy at bloskeeweewee about Bakari

Bakari Grantā€¦ still in limbo. Why the dance? No other team interested? Cats want a bargain?

I think the answer to this is three-fold. For starters, I truly donā€™t think Bakari Grant wants to leave Hamilton, especially if, as rumoured, the main team interested in him is Toronto. I know that football is a business, and that he does not have to have any loyalty to the Tiger-Cats, but we are talking about a guy who put on an ā€œARGOS SUCK? t-shirt after the Ti-Cats beat the Argos in Toronto in the 2013 East Final.

Secondly, the Tiger-Cats are very high on Joe Anderson, who spent time on the practice roster last season. Anderson will also be playing for a salary that will probably be half of what Grant will command. By letting Grant go, they can put a player on the field that they are very high on and save a little money in the process.

But at the end of the day, money is the biggest factor. The Ti-Cats have done a lot of work trying to fit everyone into their budget, while also being mindful of future contracts they will need to extend. Adding another multi-year, six-figure deal might not fit into Hamiltonā€™s salary structure. This is one of those times that I envision Kent Austin the general manager arguing with Kent Austin the head coach. Grant might end up being a casualty of the general managerā€™s future-planning prudence overriding head coachā€™s short-term desire to field the best possible team.

[url=http://blogskeeweewee.blogspot.ca/2015/02/monday-mailbag.html?spref=tw]http://blogskeeweewee.blogspot.ca/2015/ ... l?spref=tw[/url]

Class Act of the CFL Back in Black and Gold could not be happier :slight_smile:

WELCOME BACK !!! ā€¦ To the guy that scored the 1st Tiger-Catsā€™ touchdown at THF !

This signing is GREAT NEWS !!