Bakari Grant out for Sat. vrs BC

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 28m28 minutes ago
#Ticats Kent Austin says WR @BGrant84 out for Saturday’s game vs. #BCLions.
Would this get Sinkfield back in?

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 21m21 minutes ago
#Ticats Kent Austin says no decision made on starting RB vs. #BCLions. Could be either Ray Holley or @Nic_Grigsby5. They split reps today.

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 22m22 minutes ago
#Ticats safety @CButler28 out for Saturday's game vs. #BCLions.

the Great Grigsby!

and :cry: :cry: Grant and Butler

Ticats receiver Grant, safety Butler out for game vs. Lions

by Drew Edwards

[b]Ticats’ head coach Kent Austin said Thursday that both receiver Bakari Grant and Canadian safety Craig Butler will miss Saturday’s game against the B.C. Lions. Grant is the team’s leading receiver and with Andy Fantuz also out of the line up, Hamilton is now without their top two receivers.

Look for Tiquan Underwood to be inserted into the line up for Grant and Terrell Sinkfield is expected to come on for Junior Collins, who has six catches in three games this season.

“We’ll piece together a line up that utilizes everybody’s skills and their understanding,? Austin said. “We’re young with couple of guys who don’t know all the positions. [But] we’ve got a good plan.?

Austin also said that the team hasn’t decided on whether it will be Ray Holley or Nic Grigsby at running back against the Lions. Holley started last week after the team lost C.J. Gable to arm injury in the Aug. 3 game against Toronto but Grigsby was the team’s running back during the stretch run last season.

Both players split reps with the first team offence at practice on Thursday.[/b]

It sure is tough to lose Bakari. Hopefully it is just for the one game. :wink:

BC will be a tough nut to crack (they beat a very good Edmonton team last week) and we really need all of our guns blazing in order to be successful). 8)

I have no doubt that Daly will once again fill in admirably for Butler, so our D will be ready. I just hope our O plays 60 minutes this week. :slight_smile:

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

with Andy and Fantuz out i think it'll have to be Grigsby, he's the better ball carrier. it will take some of the pressure off the offence.

now granted I think BC ranks last in a lot of defensive stats but i'll have to recheck.

Who are these two guys anyway? :oops: :oops: :oops:

lol :oops:

I’m bummed Bakari is out but happy to see Sink and Underwood back in the lineup. Sink never should have been taken off IMO. Can the Holley experiment end now please. Get Grigsby back in there

Will be a ton of speed at wr this week!

This game now comes down to the play of our O line. Gotta really establish the run and give Zach an extra second or two every play

That's why they should play Grigsby over Holley. He is a much better runner. :thup:

Not as easy a choice as you might think. Grigsby may be faster, but Holley is a better blocker, if only due to his size. If you are going to play pass happy, you want a good blocking back who does occasional runs to keep the defense honest. If you want more rushing yards because you might think your passing game (due to injuries) is slightly suspect, you likely want the faster back.