Bad Play ???

I would rather see our players go for the high percentage tackle,rather than the low percentage strip.I just don't think it is a good thing for our players to pass up the opportunity to make a tackle.That attitude will hurt the team more in the long run.You have to be pretty close to a guy in order to knock the ball out and 9 times out of 10 you won't knock the ball out.I was at the game,and when I got home and watched the replay,I would say that the ti-cat player could have attempted a tackle somewhere between the 10 and 15 yard line,which would have kept them outside the 5 yard line.If he did what he was supposed to do,we may have held them to a field goal.

Great, so they score a FG. We are STILL behind at the end of the game.

It was a great, smart, heads up play! The get to the 10, drain the clock to 0, kick their field goal and we get no shot at a comeback.

The bad play was not tackling! The good play was the strip!

I read this and think to myself for a long long time. If you were that player then running down a possible back breaking TD(crushing fans watching everywhere ) you do what comes to mind he must have seen the ball was being carried weak There could be many reasons Bradley made that attempt of stripping the ball . The next time bradley ever gets that chance to make a play in that manner would depend on the circumstances around the play.... GREAT PLAY FOR NOT QUITING ON THE PLAY . GOES ALONG WAY WITH YOUR TEAM AND PEERS AND OVIOUSLY SOME FANS ..

Also the Head Coach, MELrOsEMaNiAc.

Before even addressing the referee's call

Charlie made a point of expressing how impressed
he was with Jykine Bradley's determination

to chase the man down and strip that ball.

Right on MELrOsEMaNiAc!
That was memorable play.
Who said "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game" ?
A lot of this game is mental,
Attitude overrides mental,
You can't go wrong with a "never say die" attitude".

Oh it was a fantastic play by Bradley. As said above, if Bradley tackles him, it's a sure FG after they run the clock down.

When I saw Dressler going to the endzone I was in disbelief and when i realized that stopping him would actually be bad for us, I was hoping he would make it to the endzone so at least we have time to attempt a quick score.

I'm sure Bradley realized the same thing and made a calculated strike at the ball and did create a fumble wiht another Cat in the endzone. He hit it a little too hard, as it turns out. You can't fault him for that. Under the circumstances it was a creative play which was born out of desperation.

Also, Bradley was not close enough to tackle him on the 10 or 15 yard line. Even when he stripped the ball he was nearly a full arm's length way as you can see the extension he got on the punch.

Our team made some mistakes last night, but Bradley was very resourceful and that play gave us the best chance to win.

If Bradley actually thought it through and realized that going for the strip was his best option,then that is one smart football player.I'm just affraid he might do the same thing at midfield and miss,not making the tackle and the other guy taking it in for a TD.Something similar to this happened earlier in the game(don't know who it was) but the Ti-cat player went for the interception and missed,then went for the strip and missed and the receiver was brought down by the safety,seconds later.Only time will tell whats in their mind,strip the ball or make the tackle.

Something similar to this happened earlier in the game(don't know who it was) but the Ti-cat player went for the interception and missed,then went for the strip and missed and the receiver was brought down by the safety,seconds later.
that was #26, thompson

I'm sorry for going off topic but I just can't believe #26 isn't a retired number

It may be a tactic that is taught on our defense because the db's frequently go after the ball. Gordon did it in Toronto. But if the opportunity is there, I say go for it. Obviously there are times when you should be making a text book tackle rather than trying to strip the ball. However, on this play, I thought it was a brilliant move. Just wish it would've worked out.