B.C. VS MONTREAL : PGT

I thought Sanchez looked a little slow, especially on that first Alouette TD, but nice comeback by the boys in the second half.
Lulay showed good composure after a shaky start and Geroy looked stellar as usual, i'm sure glad we have him. But in the end they CHOKE again, what's your thoughts.........

Tim Brown is the man! What a nice 98 yard return! Lot's of stuff to build on but when the game was 24-3 I figured on selling my Grey Cup tickets. lol

Entertaining in the second half for sure but why Wally elected to go for the field goal is totally beyond me. Calvillo only had to eat up 1:46. I would have gone for 3rd and 5. If B.C. failed, then Montreal would have taken the ball around the 40 instead of their 35[ if the field goal was successful. ] I'm not sure what Wally's reasoning was. Maybe someone could shed some light on it.

You guys have a great young team this year. I’m glad we only have to play you one more time in 2011.

Hmmm..... is Discipline thinking the Lions might not make it to the Grey Cup to face the Als? Or........ the Als won't be in the Grey Cup to face the Lions?

I think the biggest question after the game (aside from the FG instead of going for it), is what our defence will look like next outing. While they looked OK in the 2nd half, that was pretty ugly in the first. You can't rush three, you just can't. Calvillo could have gone through all his reads twice he had so much time on most of his throws. We may like having four LB's out there, but send at least one of them every play for crying out loud.

Well a 2nd half comeback is better than blowing games in the 2nd like last year, so off to an ok start, bearing in mind it was against the Al's. I can't wait to watch the EE's and riders battle for the last PO spot in the West this year...

Ha, hadn't even thought of that!

Yes, we could play you in the playoffs (either via crossover or meeting in the Grey Cup). I was speaking only of the regular season.

I know you were Discipline. I was just trying to torment you. :wink: Hehehe. Welcome back to another season of great CFL football! On a completely different note I watched a pre-game show about Anthony C. and his wife. I knew he had a medical problem involving his throat. I did not know it was thyroid cancer. I'm so very glad he got it successfully taken care of. He's a very classy guy.

Share your thoughts about Wally Buono's reasoning to go for the field goal with 2 minutes left when it was 3rd and 5 around the Al's 40 yard line. I've no idea why he did that.

I was out doing groceries and so I missed the pregame show. Yes, he had thyroid cancer, and (knock on wood), it appears to be gone. I hope he can play at least two more years for us. It's going to feel so strange when Anthony retires.

Share your thoughts about Wally Buono's reasoning to go for the field goal with 2 minutes left when it was 3rd and 5 around the Al's 40 yard line. I've no idea why he did that.
Hard to justify, but I'll try: it's possible Wally was heartened by the strong play of his defense in the second half (you forced us into a number of punts, IIRC) and thought that a field goal and a quick two-and-out would give the Lions a chance to win it in the final two minutes. I wouldn't have done what he did, but I can see the logic to some extent.

Yes. Buono confirmed that was his reasoning.