Ben Cahoon - Montreal
Kamau Petersen - Edmonton

Top Lineman
Gene Makowski - Saskatchewan
Scott Flory - Montreal

Top Special Teams Player
Sandro DeAngelis - Calgary
Dominique Dorsey - Toronto

Most of them look about right to me. Calvillo should win, Wake will win, Dressler should win, Petersen should win. Dont know enough about offensive lineman or special teams guys to comment but should be a fairly cut and dry voting this year

I like the picks except Special Teams for he West. How in the hell did DeAngelis beat out both Smart and Tristan Jackson...? :expressionless:

My head vs my gut choices.

Should Win:                                             Will Win:

MOP, Burris... Calvillo.......Stats will win out

Defense, Wake... Wake.........No Brainer

Canadian, Petersen... Cahoon.......Gut feeling

Rookie, Dressler... Dressler......Have to give Riders something or they cry

Lineman, Florry... Florry.........Eastern Media bais

Special Teams, DeAngelis... Dorsey.......Have to give Ontario something or they will go to NFL

I know I got green bias and all, but I think I would have even taken Congi over DeAngelis.

I can agree with all of these picks. Maybe DeAngelis isn't way ahead of anyone else but he had a good year.

Calvillo for MOP . . . I don't see this "Burris deserves it" talk . . . Calvillo just plain played better. And, lets face it, when you are better than someone in pretty much every stat category (Yards, Completion percentage, Touchdowns, Interceptions, Rating), stats should win out!
Wake for Defensive . . . I don't want him to win, but I can't delude myself enough to say he won't.
Dressler for Rookie . . . Not because the Rider fans might cry (don't get that logic, really), because he was better!
Makowsky for Lineman . . . he has played all three linemen positions this year and still been consistent.
Peterson for Canadian . . . I think he played better than Cahoon.
Dorsey for Special Teams . . . DeAngelis? Really? I pick Dorsey solely because they picked the wrong western candidate.

easy picks

Most Outstanding Player
Anthony Calvillo - Montreal

Top Defensive Player
Cam Wake - BC

Top Rookie
Weston Dressler - Saskatchewan

Top Canadian
Ben Cahoon - Montreal

Top Lineman
Gene Makowski - Saskatchewan

Top Special Teams Player
Dominique Dorsey - Toronto

I'd take Peterson over Cahoon. He had a bigger impact on his team.

I think burris vs calvillo is closer than it may appear.

If we add rushing yards/td's its closer, and i think you also need to factor in the tougher western division that burris plays in.

Burris:
Yards passing: 5093
Yards rushing: 595
Total Yards: 5688

Passing td's: 39
Rushing td's: 3
Total td's : 42

Calvillo:

Yards passing: 5624
Yards rushing: 189
Total Yards: 5813

Passing td's: 43
Rushing td's: 2
Total td's : 45

I really think you could go either way on it.

Good to see Doug Brown get his due, and win Eastern Defensive player, but he doesn't hold much of a chance to beat Wake.

I think they need to drop the MOP and change it to a Most Outstanding Offensive Player award. Im not saying Wake should be up for it but at his position, and for the sake of illustrating how dominant he was his position shall be called football player, he was so far and away better at his position than any other player was at their position. Calvillo and Burris were great but neither of them were way ahead of the other or any better really than Ray. Wake had by far the biggest gap between him and the second best at his position than any other position leader had over the #2. It was such a great disparity that it should have warranted more of a look. Unfortunately the D gets very little consideration for this award and it should be named accordingly.

Neither Burris or Calvillo dominated their position like Wake did, and to me, thats outstanding. I know some like to say yeah but this team or that team had a better record. Guess what? Its an individual award and team records are due to team work, not one guy.

[quote="cfleskfan"]

Rookie, Dressler... Dressler......Have to give Riders something or they cry

We know what happens when Eskimos, or their fans do when they don't get what they want (censored!).

This is why there is the MOP category and the MO Defensive Player award. The outstanding player is USUALLY on offense, otherwise the league should change the name of the trophy to the MO Offensive Player

My picks!

Most Outstanding Player
Henry Burris -Calgary Tougher division
Anthony Calvillo - Montreal

Top Defensive Player
Cam Wake - BC no brainer here the guy has been a beast all year.
Doug Brown - Winnipeg

Top Rookie
Prechae Rodriguez - Hamilton I pick this fellow because he played well and was the only star on avery poorly coached team.
Weston Dressler - Saskatchewan

Top Canadian
Ben Cahoon - Montreal Ben is very consistant this year, the year before, and the year before. Nik Lewis is better then Peterson
Kamau Petersen - Edmonton

Top Lineman
Gene Makowski - Saskatchewan This guy is a dandy and has shown he should win
Scott Flory - Montreal

Top Special Teams Player
Sandro DeAngelis - Calgary
Dominique Dorsey - Toronto Dorsey was the only thing to look for with the Argos.

I agree accept Calvillo will win and deserves to win. Better player more dominant and come even though Rodriguez had a great year, Dressler put up better numbers in a shorter period.

I almost need to eat some crow, I did not think Doug Brown would be out Chris Thompson from the Ticats for the East nod as DPOY since I figured the voters just looked at stats. Guess you can’t have a team with 3 wins with a player up for a major award.

Everyone else there looks ok, all 4 special teams players in the West would have been deserving.

I'm disappointed that Logan didn't get the nod for rookie in the west, but Dressler has been outstanding since the Rider top 3 fell to injuries.

You could make a compelling argument that he deserved it, I think his lack of TD's hurt him in the end, he had 0 along the ground and 3 receiving TD's to Dressler's 6.

Cameron Wake was the most outstanding player by far and they should've broken new ground by acknowledging it.

I think it's the word "outstanding" that seals the deal for me. He wasn't just the "top defensive player"...he was the talk of the league and the most exciting player to watch this year.

Why don't they call the MOP the "Top Offensive Player" then to eliminate any doubt? The fact that they've made the offensive player more prestigious than the defensive is something that needs reviewing. The defense works hard out there and I really think it's time to have:

1. Top Offensive Player
  2. Top Defensive Player
  3. Most Outstanding Player

His linemates have alot to do with him getting many of his sacks. I admitt he is very good, but put him on an average line and he doesn't get as many. It has never gone to a deffensive player, Henley was a 2 way player.