Avon Cobourne

disciplineandpunish, I agree with everything you've said and have said it myself. If Avon starts and gets significant minutes, the cats win Saturday. If not, the cats will lose ( as has been the case through 2 games so far ).
If Avon is playing, you will notice a vastly improved passing game because he BLOCKS!

Since you can see the future, care to you give me six numbers? Don’t be greedy and keep them for yourself now.

I used the 6 numbers on my own ticket long ago and am typing this from atop a pile of cash. :cowboy:

No turning it into gold coins and swimming in it ala Scrooge McDuck?

I'd also like to see Cobourne in.

But just for fun, here's a trivia question (to which I do not know the answer):

Has any player ever been credited with both the CFL's longest run from scrimmage and the CFL's longest pass reception in the same season? Walker already has a great chance at the former, and a decent shot at the latter.

My initial thoughts when composing this thread was that the club needed some "grit" that only AC can deliver and appears to have been absent in the first two games.

He can't lead if he doesn't play ... I'm not trying to critcize anything that Walker has done up until now.

the facts (stats) are, is that were 0-2. I believe having both backs dressed and playing gives you the best chance to win!!!

Personally, I'd also like to see Cobourne play as well, switching in for Walker at times, or even having them both in at the same time, although the would mean replacing either Williams or Grant on that play. But the main issue is which import would not be dressed instead. None of the starters, obviously, and two of the three DIs (I. Brown and Hood) are quite valuable on special teams. Putting Jones, the third DI, on the reserve would mean only having one backup receiver (SCC) for the five receiver set - slightly risky, more risky in the coaches' eyes than using Stephenson as the backup RB.

I don't think having Cobourne in is a guarantee of victory. But it's one significant thing Cortez can do to help his offense out. For the rest, I would sit Giguere until he's healthy and give Stala more playtime.

Sitting him for the four receiver set, leaving Stala in, probably not a bad idea, if Giguere’s foot is as bad as it sounds like. But if we sit him as a backup, we’d need to replace him with another non-import starter, which we don’t seem to have currently.

Totally off topic, but it’ll be interesting to see what happens when Hinds is back, given how Bucknor has been playing. Would they consider playing both of them, giving us the Canadian Air Defence? (imagine if we still had Barker as well…)

Agreed. Again.