Average quarterbacking

Were any of you guys watching the same game as I was? The reason that Jason's pass was a bit short to Baumann is that he was just about to get hit and sacked so he threw it off the back part of his foot. Do any of you understand football or play it. If there is a guy in your face like that; you have to get rid of it
as quickly as possible. That's what Maas did; that was the set play and if he had another second and Baumann had made a better effort, I believe we would have at least moved into field goal range. As other people have mentioned in their comments we made too many mistakes. Penalties again, Offensive line was horrendous and our defense(secondary) got lit up all night. We have not learned how to win the close ones. I'm just as frustrated as most as I don't like to lose in any sports events I play. Hopefully we learn how to win soon. This season is killing many of us.

reOverthrown, underthrown, whatever same result.----- imho---0&4 and there is the door!

I was watching the same game. now there's the same excuses. And no we don't know how to win with the current QB.
underthrown, overthrown, pass behind, pass too high, whatever, same result.

Yup I was watching the same game and came here today to read the same excuses by the usual suspects. I'll give him 4 games is the refrain I recall. Well its 7 games now and those guys keep changing the number of games we need to wait

Thank God the coaches don't listen to fans
opinions too much. I didn't mention any games at all. The coaches will only relieve Maas only if he has a terrible game, we are getting blown out or we are
out of the playoffs. And last time I checked none of these apply. Stop pushing Chang out there because it will not happen; unless 1 of the 3 reasons above occurs. He will get his chance, most likely next year.

Thank god coaches don’t listen to us, The Cats would be lucky to win a single game, hey wait, they were lucky to win a single game. How is it that our ideas are worse? You are correct about when Chang will finally get a chance and its an idiotic waste of personnel for absolutely no good reason. Chang isn’t learning a thing on the sidelines that he couldn’t learn faster and better on the playing field. That doesn’t even account for all the things he can learn on the playing field that NOBODY has ever learned watching. Some things can only be learned through actual game experience and Taffe is throwing away our only chance of having a decent future by steadfastly refusing to develop either one or both of our young backups

Unfortunately, yes I was… In the end, the only reason this was a close game was because Edmonton also played poorly.

“Hopefully we learn how to win soon.”
Should this not have happened last season or the season before, so we now wouldn’t be going through this?

Many of these people seem to be making themselves quite scarce…

You know I'm one of the guys who are always harping about Maas because I feel strongly that he is the one constant that the Cats have had for the past two unsuccessful years. Everyone else has been either released, cut or traded. The QB is the heart of the offense and the offense 'ain't gettin' it done.' In the end we all know that Maas is NOT totally to blame for this mess, but for heavens sake he is THE or at least one of the MAJOR contributors to this lack of offense and more importantly lack of wins over the last two seasons.
For God's sake pull the guy and see what happens. Give the team a chance to start the game on a positive note. All this losing can't be good for the players' morale....
I know it's not fair to blame the guy for everything, but life ain't fair. We learned that last night with the ridiculous call that ended the game. Now it's time to turn our fortunes around.
If Chang or Williams can't do the job I'm all for going back to Maas. But give these guys a chance and stop being so pigheaded.

Charlie finally figured out what was wrong with Maas, why he couldn't get touchdowns. So everytime the defence is on the field, he's going to warm up Chang.

Maas preceded Ricky Ray as Edmonton’s starter and if anything, Maas coached Ray to the success he has had.

Because the best way to beat a bully is to ignore him.

Darn - I didn’t take my own advice.

lol…as a fan of another team…I laughed when I read the complaints on the pass to Baumann…Maas is under pressure all night…he throws off his back foot with a lineman in his face to a wide open guy…any QB would put a little extra air under it…the cats only needed a field goal to win…the ball was in Baumann’s hands…if you asked every member of the team…they would say Baumann should have caught it…the last play of the game the ball was also right where it had to be…it was a much tougher catch…but clearly a ball Baumann could have caught…Baumann is clearly a talented player…but he’s a rookie who will make mistakes…this whole offense is laden with rookies…The first couple games were rough for Maas…but he’s played well enough to win the last 4 games…it’s not a one player game…there’s 42 on the roster…

Everyone keeps making the same excuses for Maas ,name me one game where Maas's performance led us to victory and do not say Winnipeg ,that was all Jesse Lumsden.Maas has done Zero for us since he came here,except lose !!!!!!

LOL if I was a fan of another team I would be praising Maas to no end too. LOL but seriously, no one is blaming Maas for a bad throw, just saying that it was far from perfect. Yes Chris should have caught it, but it was not an easy one to catch, Easy is in your hands without breaking stride. Something our receivers don't get often and when they do it seems the defensive players are all over them but there are no penalty calls.

ok…that catch may not have been easy…but it was not hard…maybe a 5 on a scale from 1 to 10…a ball you have to catch 95% of the time…the problem is…you guys don’t have a Cahoon, Simon, Tucker etc…who make incredible plays routinely…yet…it all comes back to Maas…it’s easy to make the same excuses because your receivers haven’t changed…how many years worth of experience do they have…lol. Where does Hamilton stand in terms of penalties this year…there’s plenty of evidence to support the uphill battle any QB would face in Hamilton…

I don't think too many people would disagree with you. There are lots of problems that the quarterback cannot control right now on this team, especially with so many rookies. But Maas has not helped his cause very much and quite frankly many of us are getting sick of him managing the game, especially close ones, just well enough for him to stay in the game but not well enough for us to win. It very well could be the best this team is capable of right now, but if we don't give our other QBs a chance we will never know. With our record being what it is, there is very little harm in trying. If we were 3-3 or even 2-5 there would be a lot less of this talk on the forum. And if this was not the second year fans had to endure this there would be enven less talk on this forum

I have to say that tcfan, has a lot of good points.

Maas has had plenty of opportunity to prove himself as the starting qb. Yet, for 2 years he hasnt. Although, you cant blame one player for the entire teams record. But QB is the most integral part of the game, and Maas has to take some of that blame.
He is a very good back up, with a lot of heart. ( no denying that). Maas has never proven himself as a starting quarterback and he hasnt in 2 years with the cats. With Chang, who knows what hell do. But they should give him a chance and see. At least Taffe would be shaking things up a bit.

Good points, although Maas proved himself the year Ray was out and passed for over five thousand yards.

The problem with starting Chang right now is what if he's not ready? What if throwing him to the wolves impedes his progress?

Could it be the best plan is to nurture Chang along and ease him into the starter's role? If we're not going to win the Grey Cup this year anyway, why not do things right and secure the future?

Actually, there would probably be more. You see, not everyone comes on this forum to ridicule the team and its ardent supporters. Most people chat on here because they love being fans, enjoy going to the game, like talking football, and respect one another. Yet, some people use this forum as an outlet to their own negative world view, pent up hostility, and that truly is a shame.