Austin must go in Hamilton - even as VP?

I doubt that very much. Bob Young paid the lawsuit for Austin a few months ago. I don't think Austin is going anywhere. He also looked like a different man today. His quality of life looks much improved since he stepped away from coaching. He may be too competitive to coach in today's landscape.

I guess Boob Young could make Austin VP of Standing Around - lots of those used to exist in Winnipeg, perhaps not at the $400k level.

If Young contains Austin, there might be an outside chance Montreal, BC or even Ottawa might want him as an executive/QB coach/OC/whatever. If that happens then Young is off the hook for that portion of Austin’s new salary!

Lapo was always my guess…unless he passes, which I could see him stepping back, looking at the situation, and doing. Kavis has shown that he doesn’t think outside the box with the people he brings in…I mean FFS, I really like Miller, but he is 76. I can see Lapo waiting out a look in BC or potentially Hamilton if June Jones walks. BC should be worst case 1 more year until looking for a new HC. TSN is in the past…those shoes are filled. Lapo is in a good spot right now and I think he is smart enough to know that he could be walking into a nightmare in Montreal and other offers will come. There is pretty much a new HC on average 1/year somewhere.

Young doesn’t like canning people and he just extended Austin coming into the season. He is in a tough spot pulling the trigger on this one…but I am not sure he is going to have a choice at this point. I think the real question is does ET stay. I know that Hervey is blacklisted…but…

The only place Hervey is black-listed is Edmonton - and probably BC due to their unusual HR practices.
Otherwise Hervey could be in play for Montreal (as a top level guy) or Hamilton (near the top but Bob Young’s core group is pretty much whitey tightey, too)

Brendan Taman is another name that keeps popping up, especially after his Regina payout money has expired - and Taman is barely 50, might need the work after prolly putting on another 50 to 100 lbs. inhaling subs all day.

I also think Lapolice is a coaching guy who could serve in management given the right circumstances.

Lyle Bauer is another name that pops up in odd circumstances. But Lord Lyle has been pretty much removed from the game for a few years. He’s unusual in that he’s kind of a football oligarch - wants to have his own personal fiefdom with limited oversight - like he had in Winnipeg. Doesn’t have much credibility due to personality disorders that have clearly been identified so I think his chances are very remote to return to the league - IN ANY CAPACITY!

Floating around as coaches-in-waiting: Khari Jones, Marcel Bee, Plop, Noel Thorpe, Mike Benevides, Jacques Chapdelaine, Orlondo Steinauer, Kent Austin, Mark Killam, Grampa Miller, Corey Chamblin, Tom. Greg Marshall)

Management floaters: Tom, Brendan Taman, Lyle Bauer, Austin, Hervey, Eric Tilman.

Man, if a mope like Joe Mack can re-insert himself in the league I suspect anything can happen.

Good thoughts for sure. Cheers

Usually when the team and ownership say they are behind you, they actually are, as they push you out the door.

Well Said> Ya! you never know!!!

Yes, but Bob Young has a reputation (earned) as a timid meek.

Yes, he's bankrolled a football team and improved stadium facility and comfort. . . . . but

he sold his internet start-up for a king's ransom (rumoured 90 to 130 million) several years ago - he doesn't like hurting guys he's known!

He lost a brother once - these are his brothers now!