Attention season seat holders: Guelph 5-Pack now available

Hey guys,

Season seat holders will have a similar announcement in their inbox, but we wanted to reach out to all SSH on the forum as well:

While many of you have already renewed your seats for next season, some season seat holders have indicated that while they want to attend some games, they're unable to commit to the entire season at Guelph.

As a new option, we are presenting season seat holders with another opportunity to continue the ownership of their seats with the 5-Pack.

Here's what the 5-Pack includes:

• A ticket to five Tiger-Cats home games at Alumni Stadium in 2013. 5-Pack holders will have the ability to choose from multiple packages of preselected games after the 2013 CFL schedule is officially released.

• Prices based on 2012 season seat prices plus facility fee (if purchased before the early bird deadline).

• Priority access to the new stadium - season seat holders who purchase a 5-Pack will be provided with tier 1 access within their price category when selecting their seats at the new stadium in 2014.

Because of this new ticket option we have moved the early bird deadline to Wednesday, January 16. Fans who renew their season seats or purchase a 5-Pack by January 16 will receive their seats at 2012 prices (plus a facility fee).

We have also confirmed that all home games in Guelph will take place on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, making it more convenient for travel.

To renew your seats for 2013 (full season or 5-Pack), or if you have already renewed for a full season and have questions regarding the 5-Pack, we encourage you to contact your account representative at 905-547-CATS (2287).

Great initiative... :thup:

As you can see, this is my first post but I’ve been a season ticket holder for around 10 years and am disgusted by the way I was just treated by my ticket account manager Kevin. I’d post some of his emails but I’m not into getting a guy fired.

Saw the posting about the 5 pack which reads:

Here’s what the 5-Pack includes:

• A ticket to five Tiger-Cats home games at Alumni Stadium in 2013. 5-Pack holders will have the ability to choose from multiple packages of preselected games after the 2013 CFL schedule is officially released.

• Prices based on 2012 season seat prices plus facility fee (if purchased before the early bird deadline).

• Priority access to the new stadium - season seat holders who purchase a 5-Pack will be provided with tier 1 access within their price category when selecting their seats at the new stadium in 2014.

Went to take the team up on their offer for the 5 pack and I was told that they would not honor the price I paid last year even though the marketing release says we pay the same price as in 2012. The ticket rep I was dealing with responded with some very arrogant emails and informed me that I would be losing out on my tier 1 status if I chose not to take advantage of the 5 pack offered at a higher price than I paid in 2012.

I suggest the team reword their ticket campaign release so that those of that take things literally aren’t fooled into thinking that we pay the same per game price for a 2013 5 pack as we did a 2012 season ticket.

Sounds to me that a full clarification needs to be made with the 5 pack with the wording "prices based on..."

The FAQ for season ticket renewals reads:

"Renew your 2013 season seats by Wed., Jan. 16 and receive...
- 2013 season seats at the same 2012 season seat prices"

Are you saying that your 5-pack price per seat per game (before adding the “facility fee”) is greater than your price per seat per game from 2012? Or is this about the facility fee?

So caretaker and Mr Mitchell how about I get this flex pack and you take into account all my years of dedicated un interrupted season seat renewals as a long time season seat holder with seniority and you wave tier 2 and make me a tier 1 my Xmas which would come true :lol:

If it's uninterrupted through 2013 then you are Tier 1.

Have no problem with the facility fee. They are asking for more than my price per seat per game in 2013 than in 2012 for the 5 pack only. They said they would honor my price from last year ONLY if I bought the full season ticket and not the 5 Pack.

Wow! They sure know how to kick themselves in the head.

Just an update... I was told that there is information on the FAQ of the website about pricing of the 5 pack. Talk about reading the fine print. I can't even find it. If you have any luck, let me know.

Read this section on the homepage.

http://www.ticats.ca/2013-renewal-details

cats99,

If you purchase a 5-Pack for the 2013 season, you will have tier 1 status when selecting your seats for the new stadium in 2014.

Found an FAQ here:

http://ticats.ca/2013-faqs

The only “gotcha” I could find in it with respect to the 5-Pack is “Youth pricing is not available for the 5-Pack option.” Is that the issue in your case?

The per-game price of the 5-Pack is based on per-game 2012 prices.

For instance, the per-game price of a bronze ticket in 2012 was $30.

A bronze level 5-Pack in 2013 is $178.25.
($30 x 5 games =$150) plus facility fee (5.65 x 5 games = 28.25) = $178.25

So after the spin is removed a five game commitment in 2013 is five dollars more per ticket than a 2012 single game ticket purchase. Or let’s use real numbers a 15 percent increase in the case of a 30.00 ticket. What a deal :lol:

Was $30 the per-game price payed by a bronze season seat holder, or was it the price of a single game bronze ticket?

No spin. Here’s a line from the original post:

- Prices based on 2012 season seat prices plus facility fee (if purchased before the early bird deadline).

That’s what season seat holders paid per-game for a bronze level ticket in 2012.

Nobody "wants" any fees but that's life my friend. Even Broadway does it and even New Yorkers don't like it. C'est la vie. :stuck_out_tongue:

Broadway Theatre Owners Raise Facility Fee Surcharge To $2.00 on Broadway Tickets

[i]Broadway show producers often increase ticket prices to their shows to match growing demand. It now appears that theater owners want to get in on the action.

Many Broadway theaters have just increased their facility fee charges to $2.00, making that the new standard amount for facility fees on Broadway in addition to the base ticket price, the convenience charge, and the per-order handling fee.

The facility fee (sometimes called the theater restoration fee, or the 3rd surcharge) is the only surcharge that you have to pay even if buying your tickets directly at the Broadway theater box office — unlike other Broadway ticket surcharges, this one comes from the theater itself, not the ticket agent.

In a way, it sounds like a classy sort of fee. After all, everyone wants those beautiful Broadway theaters to continue looking nice, and $2.00 doesn’t sound like that much when you just threw down $155 for a ticket. But when you really consider it, that fee is rather odd. You don’t pay any other industry an extra fee to simply maintain their place of business, do you? People wouldn’t normally pay a facility fee when they dine at a restaurant or shop at a store. If the Broadway theaters need money for upkeep, you would anticipate that they would factor this into the rent that they charge their tenants, the Broadway shows themselves.[/i] ...

[url=http://nytix.com/news/437/facility-fee-for-broadway-tickets-raised-to-2-00/]http://nytix.com/news/437/facility-fee- ... d-to-2-00/[/url]

But a 2.00 fee on a 80.00 to 150.00 ticket (What I paid last year for the shows the wife forced me to take her to in addition to the Sex in the City bus tour :oops: ) works out to 1 to 2.5 percent, not 15 percent. This is a substantial fee vs the value of some of the tickets.