attendence

Labour Day has the off-season and season to sell tickets. This has 6 days. And, only so many people to take ticket orders.
Love the idea though of broadening how the tickets are distributed. It’d be way easier if, somehow, they could get Timmy’s to help sell them. Especially for the casual fans.

Is there a Ticat Booster club, or something that has people that could do this? That is a damn good idea. I can remember when the local Junior B team were in playoffs, some of the gas stations around town sold tickets. No idea how successful, but a good way of getting tickets in front of people – and not taxing the box office.

I think most local pioneer gas stations sell tickets, but i could be wrong they might only sell merchandise.

i just logged on and when i first came onto ticats.ca a counter was displayed and read " GET ON BOARD" lol with a picture of a boat and the ticket sales total so far!!!! LMAO.... it was only briefly shown so i think the # was at 17, 400 ...approx! keep it going!!!!

love the boat 17 455 :thup:
lets get this number over 20 today guys!

I’ve been looking for this all morning since I read about in The Spec. After reading your post, I loaded the page (http://www.ticats.ca/main/index) in Firefox, but only saw the counter briefly. Sometimes pages load differently in Internet Explorer from how they load in Firefox, so I tried it there instead, and it stayed. So if you’re not getting it in Firefox, try Explorer.

That's funny, I like it. :thup:

I don't get to see it because we're on an OLD version of IE at work dammit lol

I had to refresh the page in order to see it on my version if IE.

Thanks, CK. I got it.

Ya just gotta know how to beam it up.

They didn’t actually sell 12000 tickets on the first day, as that included about 6000+ pre-public sale purchases (some season ticket holders, flex pack holders and intrepid folks). So only about 5000 were sold on the first day, and about 3500 yesterday (which oddly enough is the exact amount I predicted to myself!) I assumed just over 2000 would be sold today and tomorrow - and it looks like they’ll beat that estimate. Not to mention that there will be a big push on Friday and Saturday, and a Hamilton walk-up.

It might not sell out, but it should be a packed house.

Keep badgering people to come out - weather looks great!

So that should set us up at around 23,000 - 24,000 by game day with another 3,000 or 4,000 with walkups? It’s going to be close.

Keep an eye out, looks like they’re at 18,024 now.

No dout it will be a sellout!

it's now at 18,024

It will jump this thursday and friday! you watch and see, thats when alot of people get paid! Not to menshion the walk ins

Thats what I’ve been saying. I wouldn’t of gotten mine on Monday if it wasn’t for a little piece of plastic called Visa…

It's football, outside, I love it. For people just into hockey in indoor comfy arenas all the time, heck some 40 games a year, live a little, be outside and watch some CFL playoff football with contact and hitting on every play, come on!

Have you been in a community rink in January? It isn't exactly warm. Funny who the need for ice causes that :roll:

Oh yea AKT, I grew up in London, Ont where when I was young, there were basically just 2 indoor arenas, not including the London Gardens where the Knights played, that basically just catered to the all-star teams as we called them then, I think they are rep teams now, not sure. I was a house league player and losing team if I recall scrapped the ice afterwards, all outdoor arenas, cold. Goalies would come in after the game crying when their feet thawed out, seriously. But looking back on it, just like the rink my Dad made out back, that was hockey, wind, sleet you name it, scrapping off the bumps on the backyard ice, what can I say. Sports generally should just be played outdoors IMHO for the real atmosphere. Once in a while us house league teams got to play in an indoor arena and it was weird, the ice was milky white and was weird to skate on.