Attendance: What to expect from Edmonton, Calgary?

Regarding the Calgary pre-season attendance figure. CFL.ca originally had the 8200 figure posted but more recently replaced it with a 28000 figure.. what the?

Can't understand why some people are worried about Calgary attendance, not that long ago it was concered a good crowd if Calgary got 20,000, now they are close to 30,000 and make a 7 figure profit every year, what gives, worry about the Argos and their 20,000 for every game, not Calgary

Really Diasapointed in the attndance for the game in Calgary.

…why? it seemed like an average turnout for an eastern team…if Edmonton or Sask had been the visiting team yeah probably the stadium gets filled but lots of folks out to their vacation spots in BC for the long weekend, camping, etc…I’m not grumbling about the crowd…

…the stampeders though, yes sir, there’s something to grumble about today…probably wont’ be past grumbling until 5pm tomorrow…

What was the attendance? I can't seem to find it in the new stats tracker thingy.

Is BC having attendance problems?
both games in BC haven't garnered more than 23,000 seats, average about 21,000
thats lower than last years argos

Attendance problems? Depends on one’s perspective. They’ve only played one home game (22,738) but they outdrew the Grey Cup Champs in their home opener.

Lions were about 4,800 short of a sell-out. Seats between the goallines are packed. However, the north endzone seats are $35 - the highest price point for an endzone seat in the country. The corners are $45. Those sat empty for the most part.

After the long Stanley Cup party, local sports fans are tapped out - financially and emotionally. I think a lot of people are just counting down 'til the new BC Place opens on 9/30. Empire Field is a temporary facility that’s not easy to get to for a lot of folks. I don’t expect attendance to turn around there and botttom line, the club is 3-7 at Empire. That’s not going to cut it!

I'm surprised Edmonton only had 26,000. :expressionless:

Just a few notes on this...

Calgary is having a lower attendance for sure this year. we used to consistanly draw over 30,000.

This year in 6 games (not including pre-season)

Toronton @ Calgary - 27,984. No excuse for this on opening day.
Edmonton @ Calgary -29,910. Battle of Alberta not even 30,000
Hamilton @ Calgary -29,307. Good draw for an easter team.
Montreal @ Calgary -30,386. Eastern team, but Grey cup champs. first game over 30,000
Edmonton @ Calgary -35,650. Labour day. this is the stamps sellout number. i thought i saw empty seats though.
B.C. @ Calgary -29,929 should be above 30,000 for any western oposition.

thats only an average of 30,527. Well below the average last year. with the remaining 3 home games 2 are sask and 1 is winnipeg. i am expecting over 30,000 for each game. but even if they sellout the remaining games, the average is only 32,235. still below the expected 34,000 average.

Edmonton, according cfl.ca has had over 40,000 the last two games. keep it up edmonton fans.