attendance guesses for bmo today

I thought the attendance for yesterdays game was decent considering it's a preseason game. Place was about half full.

I keep forgetting they exist until people bring them up on here. Why do we care what they think? They’re like the 3 year old at the movies who screams because they can’t have the entire bag of popcorn to themselves. Enough of them already

Yup.

The West Stand was about 90% full. The East and South Stands were about 50% full.

The west stand seats 10k so if you say “about” 90% full would be about 9k, the East and south 16k and if about 50% full then that would be about 8k. Total “about” 17k.
Announced attendance was over 16k so you are pretty close

Yes, the number seems spot on from around what I expected.

A couple of days before the game, a former co-worker/current client who now works for MLSE stationed in BMO said to me there about 10K empty seats, so with capacity between 26 and 27K, looks right to me.

Still, it's more than triple the amount from last year's pre season game from Varsity which wasn't sold out. Very much a positive figure.

I wouldn't doubt there's high school stadiums in Canada better than Varsity, combined with people last year thinking that maybe the Argos would be toast and never make it to a football venue like BMO Field.

What is the big secret about how many fans show up. They say over 15g;s season tickets sold ,but who knows if that is true, then they say 16gs show up for preseason and people say not. What is going on ?

I can assure you, it’s not true.

The Argos have never mentioned anything about how many season tickets were sold - - the nonsensical 15k and 20k+ numbers were just a bad dream that a few overzealous and delusional people were having.

You’ll notice “they” are no longer insisting on the 15k number - - divide it by two and that’s much closer to reality.

But as I explained earlier in this thread, the real test will come on June 23. If it’s not a sell out then there better not be too many empty seats.

If they can’t get more than 21k - - which they could draw for a home opener at the SkyDome - - then it’s going to be a major red flag.

The last 2 home openers at Rogers Centre didn't come close to 21K. No game did in the past 2 seasons.

Even real home opener last year had over 20 but there we're lots of comps. 2 free tickets for every ST from what I recalled.

Sales for June 24, looks pretty strong so far. Only the upper East side and the corners have a fair amount of availability. Everything else is limited, singles or sold out. Though to even have that status the past 2 years. Ti-Cats visiting or not.

From a Thread that I had on ArgoFans:

Preseason: 6,204 (Varsity Stadium)

Game 1: 29,852
Game 2: 18,211
Game 3: 20,064
Game 4: 19,656
Game 5: 21,157
Game 6: 18,863
Game 7: 28,467
Game 8: 18,478
Game 9: 22,589

Playoff Game: 35,418

Average Rogers Centre Attendance: 23,276

Average Regular Season Rogers Centre Attendance: 21,926

http://argonauts.ca/schedule/year/2013/7

Preseason: 5,216 (Varsity Stadium)

Game 1: 17,758
Game 2: 16,102
Game 3: 18,106
Game 4: 18,283
Game 5: 16,276
Game 6: 17,811
Game 7: 16,834
Game 8: 19,258
Game 9: 19,687

Playoff Game: N/A

Average Rogers Centre Attendance: 17,791

Average Regular Season Rogers Centre Attendance: 17,791

http://argonauts.ca/schedule/year/2014/7

Preseason: 5,000 (Varsity Stadium)

Game 1: 20,642
Game 2: 14,748
Game 3: 17,694

http://www.argonauts.ca/schedule/year/2015/7
  • The Average Regular Season Rogers Centre Attendance has decreased by 4,135 from 2013 to 2014.
[url=http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php?2775-Why-has-Argonauts-Home-Game-Attendance-declined-so-much-in-1-year-(2013-2014]http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php? ... (2013-2014[/url])

Looking at ticket master looks like the Argo and Hamilton will sell out or be only a few hundred sort.

it is after that game will be the real test .

Hopefully, it looks like around 20k sold so far if you judge by Ticket master. Expect a lot of Ticat fans to buy tickets in the next week.

Pre-season WPG @ OTT announced crowd of 17,947 at TD Place stadium last night

^This.^

At the risk of stating the obvious, I would prefer 20,000 tickets sold to 10K sold and 10K give-aways.

Argos first game will sell out

Hope so.

Ticketmaster seat map shows maybe a couple thousand left as of right now, more than a week before the game. Sellout for sure

Not sure about that , there are a lot of tickets on the upper east side not sold , ( they blocked out a bunch of them today) they are not shown on ticketmaster at present , AND being a Thurs night game it may be tough for Ticat fans to attend or those who want to attend on a week night .
I thought about going , but after looking at a decent hotel room downtown for the night and all the expense on top of that, (meals , parking, decent tickets , beer , gas taxi, etc etc, I backed out and decided stay home here in Bruce County, and watch it on TV , I will keep the $700 or so in my pocket that it would have cost the two of us for a night in Toronto …

So all the grey ones in the upper deck aren’t being sold? There’s a few seats in row 31 section 210 available, but that row everywhere else is not available. I don’t think they would sell row 31 upper deck at the goal line but not at the 55. I believe those seats are sold.