Attendance For Next Game

A chance to show off some history…lol.

I know that “Norm Perry Park” hasn’t got the seating for a CFL team but the field is still there and was the host to 2 Grey Cups in the 30’s.

Sarnia actually won in 1934 and again in 1936 but that game was played in Toronto!

There are several season ticket holders still living in and travelling from Sarnia! :rockin:

crash wrote: "...imagine adding Printers Setta and Moreno to the team that had Peterson, Flick, Wayne Smith, Lumsden, Armour, Cody and Goss? "

Crash: Given what has happened to Moreno I would add Hitchcock and Morreale to your "what if" list. At least we could have got a couple of more years out of them. Instead we lost two great players ...cut by a coach who could not produce and is now gone.

I expect to be one of the faithful at Ivor Wynne this Saturday. I am driving down from Peterborough to show my support and enjoy some live football. It will be nice to stretch out if the predicted low attendance figures pan out. Its tough being 6-2 when you sit in the north stands. :slight_smile:

8) I wouldn't be so quick to throw the blame on Charlie for that decision to release Mike and Rob.
 That decision reeks of the likes of Marcel D.  He himself was responsible for decimating this team, not Coach Taaffe  !!!

tipper: I agree. But Charlie did more than his share of decimating this team in other ways.

8) Well, the fact remains that since Charlie was canned, this team has still not won a game, and will likely not for the rest of this season !!
 There actually appears to be more panic and confusion with this team now.

Obie now says that he definitely has to get much better talent for this team next year, in the O Line, the D Line and the receiver department  !!  (as if we don't know that already)

While I realize that Charlie was not the long term answer for this club, he was still thrown under the bus by Obie, who in reality is the guy to blame for not getting enough quality players in those key positions  !!!

I don't care who the coach is here this year, not one of them could turn this team around with the talent level they are stuck to work with  !!!

This has been the same story here for the last 4 years in a row  !!!             <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

They might even get 18 000 since probably about 5000 will be freebies…I have 10 but might just toss them away (my friends don’t want them…and my kids would rather be paintballing…and I would rather just sit by the pool (it’s closed for the winter, but there’s a really comfortable chair out there)…

Because so many teams lined up to sign Morreale and Hitch after they were cut? Morreale might have helped ease the transition for the younger guys last year (most of whom are no longer with the team anyway), but he’d still be gone by now. Hitch was only picked up by Edmonton out of desperation when the injury bug bit them late in the year.

Both were great players in their time, but age catches up to everybody. Just ask Tony Miles. :wink:

How ironic that a guy named Stubbs has so many tickets.

Good one…