At the risk of embarrassing Bob Young......

I know this is a bit off-topic.......but is it really?........it kind of addresses the new ways of marketing stuff like the Tiger-Cats....

I'm so fascinated by this stuff that I seriously lay in bed sometimes dreaming up new ideas but get frustrated that I don't have the immediate capital to implement my ideas.......call me a frustrated gazillionaire wannabe......ughhhhhh :wink:

(and no, I'm not asking for your cash......you couldn't afford my ideas anyhow....hahaha :lol: ).....I'll just continue to dream and find the magic bullet myself

but really, this is seriously cool stuff.......at least with Mr. Young, when he gives us some tips, we can see that he uses it himself so we know he's not just some snake-oil salesman.....

have a peek: (wait for the video to start)

http://www.yourbusinesschannel.com/attractionblueprint

(my apologies to Bob for 'outing' him as a guy giving away free inside "cash making" intel)

In a word...thanks. Just this morning I was thinking/looking for something like this. How the hell did I know I'd find it on this site. It a goofy world (wide web). :smiley:

PS: Bob is cool.

Call me old fashioned but for me TV was more revolutionary than the Internet. Yes, the Internet is interactive and much more creative but I believe the TV had a more oomph impact way back when then the Internet which built on TV, and actually radio had a huge impact as well on making the world feel smaller and more connected.

The people who grew up with Google etc. though I don't think appreciate what the radio and TV were though IMHO.

Earl.....You are old fashioned.

Well, it was HUGE when my friend's family got a colour TV, it was the talk of the neigbourhood. The computer, well, getting it into my home was not nearly as huge. A computer, these were things at work to help us write a letter or fill in a spreadsheet, big deal. The the Internet came but it was so slow, I kept saying give me TV any day. Even to this day to load a picture sometimes takes a while. TV, instantaneous and full motion pictures, much more impactful. But the Internet is much better now albeit I read today Canada really lags behind in Internet speeds and is expensive compared with some other countries.

Of course the telephone also trumps the computer for impact IMHO big time.

Earl..yes, TV was great........as a "spectator" sport.....(eg MAS*H, All in the Family, Gilligans Island etc)

but.......

The internet is even better as an "involved" sport....our own thoughts and ideas get to be heard instantaneously

I like both.......one to "escape" and one to "engage"....actually, I think it helps us live longer because our minds are working more than ever.......we can't die so quick because we have so much to say on the internet yet......lol :lol:

As with any undertaking, seek to understand the motivation of the people behind it. Bob may have granted an interview for unselfish reasons, but it's unlikely that the people who set up the website are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. If they were, they wouldn't force you to register to watch their videos. There may be good content here, but it's a good idea to be wary.

After typing the last paragraph, I took another look at the page to see if I could find their angle. Found one: it's not evil, but the "about us" page reveals at least one catch:

yourBusinessChannel's free to air shows are free and available 24/7. Our [b]premium shows[/b] require registration [b]and in most cases, payment.[/b]
So the site's free videos are basically a marketing tool to try and entice you to buy their "premium" videos.

Good research safety. Yes, this marketing technique is getting used in a lot of the publishing business. Dangle a carrot sort of thing. I don't have a problem with it.

[i]The internet is even better as an "involved" sport....our own thoughts and ideas get to be heard instantaneously

I like both.......one to "escape" and one to "engage"....actually, I think it helps us live longer because our minds are working more than ever.......we can't die so quick because we have so much to say on the internet yet......lol
Earl..yes, TV was great........as a "spectator" sport.....(eg MAS*H, All in the Family, Gilligans Island etc)

but.......

The internet is even better as an "involved" sport....our own thoughts and ideas get to be heard instantaneously

I like both.......one to "escape" and one to "engage"....actually, I think it helps us live longer because our minds are working more than ever.......we can't die so quick because we have so much to say on the internet yet......lol :lol:[/i]

True enough deer. I bet though that some people who are hooked on the internet, not like anyone on this site mind you :wink: , wishes they never did in the first place subjecting themselves to some of the posts and posters but they can't do anything about it, they're hooked. :wink: