AS WE KNOW: BILLS IN TORONTO IS A FLOP & FINANCIAL DISASTER

Also what does this say about the lies perpatrated by Rogers inclusive of the sellout.

I guess it says "money talks" eh?

A Red Patch guy wants the CFL to "go away" and also the other league that plays with the "oddly shaped ball" as he says. Too friggin funny! I guess he still thinks he's living in wherever but Canada or the US. :lol:

can't this league just fold and go away?
sorry to all argo fans but i have no time for this game or the other one with the oddly shaped ball

Sorry cabbage patcher but it going to happen! :lol:

I believe Rogers "bought" all the seats and are reselling them, so these games will always be considered "sell outs". Most of the seats in the lower bowl are "premium seats", which are not included in the 95% sell out requirement when it comes to lifting the NFL blackout.

As a CFL fan, I would be very concerned about MLSE owning the Argos. They would probably drive the franchise into the ground, then claim there is just no interest in the CFL in Toronto ("we tried, but just can't turn things around..."), as an excuse to bring in an NFL team. :roll:

Xv, I hear you about your concern with the Argos and MLSE but I don’t think there really is any other choice to be honest and it could be all good. The CFL report will probably indicate the Argos shouldn’t play at BMO for a few reasons and that is good. They want out of the RC. So if they want a new stadium and don’t have the funds for this, why not partner with MLSE even if Larry T wants an NFL team at some point in the same stadium. Rogers is a bad news company sports wise, MLSE, while corporate, at least knows what they are doing and if Larry T showed up at the CFL awards, then I’m not going to try and figure out his mindset, I think C & S really need to have a long chat with them on a friendly business basis and go from there. Larry T wants to talk and you don’t say no to him I would say. The main thing is the Argos have to get away from Rogers. I’ll give MLSE and Larry T some credit that they wouldn’t run the Argos into the ground especially if there can be some copromotional stuff between the Argos and an NFL team, that’s the way to market at NFL team in Toronto I say and of course wouldn’t hurt the Argos at all, it’s a smaller fanbase but dedicated and this could really work well.

Another patcher who obviously wants the CFL to die:

If the Argos go down, say bye bye to the CFL.

Man some of these guys have a hate-on. :?

CP24 this morning, comments about the money spent on 8 nfl games, Would you spend 68 million on 8 football games? and they had some positive words about CFL,s TV numbers, however CFL season is over so its OK to now go to the nfl game that means nothing in the standing,s and has been billed as a sellout yet there are tickets available :roll: from 95$ to close to 300$ LMAO :twisted: Toronto Media has changed its tune and cant ignore the T.V ratings :thup: for the CFL

Look, I think some of the Toronto media who have ragged on the CFL over the years have had, at a few times, legitimate reasons to do so. I also think some of closet CFL fans, lets face it at times and still among many, the CFL is something you wouldn't dare say you watched, in Toronto. But I still think many if not most of the media enjoy watching a good football game, CFL or otherwise.

And yes, the media numbers and the fact some developments in stadiums will be happening are happening, is a very positive sign. Getting Ottawa back will be great and the main thing now and Toronto is a priority with the Argos ownership situation and what their real intentions are.

Also remember Toronto has a great opportunity to host a huge 100th Grey Cup in a few years, at the birthplace of the Grey Cup. That will be huge and the Grey Cups in the last few years have all been sellouts so it's looking great from that perspective as well. Torontonians I am sure do respect their Canadian history and I think this is going to come out huge over the next few years and as long as the Argos are respectable, well, the sky is the limit. But first they have to get away from Rogers and any ties because that company has a huge hate-on for anything associated with Canadian football, or so it seems.

Hold on Earl, Toronto didnt even put on a G.C parade last time they hosted the G.C and they dont deserve the 100th, because of their lackluster effort the last time.!! Tornot Varsity Blues barely exist 100 years later, IMHO that 100th G.C game should be played in Baltimore the only U.S city to win it and they did not have a chance to defend the title!

Toronto deserves it - if they can guarantee the league a lot of money that would go with hosting something as prestigious as the 100th Grey Cup national football championship of Canada. And I think they'll put up the money and if not, then they shouldn't host it.

Boy, I almost coughed up a lung when I read that. Serious or not, that is the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard; even beyond a shared Argo - Ticat Stadium.

With the TV ratings the CFL gets , a game in Baltimore could be sold to a U.S network. Besides we are talking about a NFL team playing in Canada, why not A Canadian Game in the U.S of A, Again Baltimore is my choice . (94 Grey cup Baltimore in B.C.) - If not then B.C should get the 100Th game because Braily deserves the $ win-fall!

Not a bad idea.

Deserved or not, Toronto and the Argounauts were officially awarded the 2012 Grey Cup when they got the 2007 cup. From a CFL perspective, you can understand, they need to have the game where the country’s media is located. You only get one chance at the PR generated from a 100th anniversary celebration.

If I was the CFL, I’m sitting down right now with C&S to a) sort out their intentions with the Argos long term, b) create a plan to stabilize the Argo’s on and off the field, c) begin planning on how to maximize the benefits of having the Grey Cup in 2 years.

We should make it the Canadian Amateur Football League where players basically only earn meal expenses and travelling and hotel expenses for games, like the good ol' days when players sometimes had to pay their own way to get to a Grey Cup. Now that's really playing for the love of the game. Owners are bound to make money with this system. :wink:

Great idea! I'm emailing your boss about it right now....

[url=http://www.fadoo.ca/blog/display/the-bills-in-toronto-disaster-1001]http://www.fadoo.ca/blog/display/the-bi ... aster-1001[/url]

This whole thing is a joke. Shame on Brunt for being such an idiot and trying to cover this up..

Also I hate how people say well this is these aren't very good teams: Newsflash not every team are the Patriots or the Colts.
Also is you get an expansion team no doubt the team would be awful.
The asinine argument that the tickets are too expensive, well everyone said in didn't, matter how much they charged because people would buy it at any rate. Obviously not true. You can't even get 54k thousand how the hell will you support an NFL team, not to mention where you'll get the stadium.

Oh wait this is where it gets good, Stephen "the sucker" Brunt told us that Toronto should get a team before, get this Los Angeles and that it didn't matter that Skydome was too small, as it had alot of corporate suites and that because they could charge so much, it wouldn't matter. Well obviously it does because nobody cares and will buy tickets.

What.A.Joke. Can't wait for next year, as undoubtedly Rogers will lose even more money. Who's going to buy tickets to a mediocre pre-season game? Or even regular season, when they can probably get it for free anyways?

laugh out loud....looks good on you morons.

You have to think Ralph Wilson and Rogers will cancel the series, Bills fans deserve not losing a real home game. I don't think the Bills have anything to worry about with some 57,000 season ticket holders and sell-outs for every game and Rogers I wouldn't think wants to lose money any more. They've shown an interest and if the Bills come for sale and they are still interested, they'll get a look if the money is right.

We all know what the “announced” attendance was but does anyone know the ‘real’ numbers? BTW this game wasn’t even discussed in the states.

Phil Lind of Rogers was trying to make everyone believe a regular NFL game in Canada was equal to a championship game called the Grey Cup event-wise. What an imbecile to even suggest that in the media. Let me see, the national championship game of Canada vying for a trophy going back to 1909 the same as a regular NFL season game? Phil, I want what you're smoking buddy, it must be great stuff. :stuck_out_tongue: