As good a football story as I've ever seen

Thanks for sharing for sure. Growing the game.

Of course I wasn't necessarily always accompanied by my mother on trips to downtown London. Helicopter parenting wasn't in vogue yet and a young fellow could range a mile or more of his own accord in those days. I very clearly remember passing by the Met with a buddy of mine in the summer of 1962 and seeing that they had the new CFL cards on display right by the snack counter at the front of the store before I'd seen them anywhere else and buying two or three packs:

I also recall being very bitterly disappointed. Not only were the cards just in B&W but they were only half the standard size. Cheap bastiches!

:o

Nothing more inspirational than an inspirational football story. Thanks for sharing.

I lived in Winnipeg for a few years. Nothing but good memories of the place. Indeed the north end was a dodgy place in the 80s. Sounds like it has gotten a bit dodgier.

Bravo Zulu to the adults and to the students who are trying to do good things in this sort of environment.

Is the North End one of the areas of Winnipeg prone to flooding?

???

Some parts - mostly the streets closest to the Red River - other parts are generally dry when rains come or the creek doth rise!