AS FANS WE NEED TO BACK OFF ON PORTER!!!!!

Porter is not overated. Your man crush Glenn is very overated but you never seem to say anything bad about him.

If you dislike Porter’s play so much, you should tell it to his face. You obviously don’t hide on the internet, then don’t act nice to them in person.

Sometimes you can be harsh? It’s okay to be harsh but you seem to never accept anyone else’s point of view. You seem to think that you have all the answers and I think that is what is frustrating.

I don’t know what your politically correct line means.

I can’t believe anything you say though as it comes from a Stampeders fan.

Doc_rock: In case you have not noticed the situation re Quinton Porter…we are developing a QB. Something this team has not done for many years. Overall Porter has looked poised since he started last fall. He is not afraid to run and he is usually a very good passer. He has been plagued by more dropped passes than he deserved and by an O-line that sometimes looks like it came out of a Swiss cheese factory.
Picking on Porter is ridiculous and misguided. He runs the plays he is given and it has appeared to me that he has been on a short leash recently because of his injuries. I also question some of the play calling by Mike Gibson. When your receivers are all covered on every pass play its time to look at some other plays.
You must be blind if you think Porter lacks the ability to be a starter. This team has come a long way since last season and it still has a long way to go. As this team goes…so goes Porter.
So lay of all this guff about Porter having the “most flaws” on the team. And what evidence do you have that he can’t handle the pressure? You are writing rubbish.

100% agree.

The way we are doing it now is fine. MB has never had a clearly defined starter as they both take reps in practice with the first team.

and without a clear #1 thats how it should be... i respect that, veteran and kid will hopefully bring the best out of each other.

i really wish the bombers would have let the qbs compete coming out of camp instead of cutting good looking qbs and naming lefors the starter with nothing to back it up

Onknight how do you figure it is crossing the line by telling Quinton Porter at a practice what you really think of him, I personally believe it is a person of character who would approach him and tell him he is not very good. He doesn't come across as a violent person so you should be safe.Let us know how it turns out

8) But coming out of training camp, and to this day, MB refers to Porter as his # 1 QB. !!

No where does it state if we give Glenn they keys this year that we are giving up on Porter. Didn't Montreal go with Tracy Ham quite often in MTL before they went with Calvillo as the official #1 and full time starter. Porter isnt getting it done. MB has had the luxery of the east being so bad that he can afford to not make a change and still get by b/c WPG/TO havent been able to gain ground. Go with Glenn, and let Porter watch for a while.

Your right he’s not afraid to run, in fact he frequently does it after his first read, and god knows what “usually very good means” to you but it doesn’t mean more int’s than td’s and virtually no completions beyond 25 yds to me.

Agreed on the play calling, it’s bad but I already stated my feelings about what he does wrong that has nothing to do with the playcalling.

I think he lacks the arm strength/control to be a starter, you’d be blind not to see my worry there.

My response about him feeling the pressure is based on the hypothetical situation that he’s actually being affected by criticism from the fans.

But yeah the hell if i know anything or my opinion matters the same as yours it’s all just “guff and rubbish”.

OnKnight. For one so educated in the team the very least I expect from your baseless trashing of players is to get the bio facts correct. As I’ve pointed out countless times Porter is only 26 His Dec 28 '82 birthday is still almost 3 months away. If you cannot show class at least be honest in the effort

I like Porter as Person .. He a good Guy .
I just don't feel you start a raw QB
When you have a Vet like Glen who read a D.

As I have and Many others as well
where not saying Porter won't be a good QB
Where say he should learn from the Bench .

As for his Age he is 26 Fine
we have 2 Other QB who could be our Future
You don't hand Keys for a Corvette (the Ticats Offence)to a 16(26) year old with learners Permitt
Porter is to raw to handle the spot light and Pressure .

As Said Before Porter is a Backup for now .
He is okay to a 2 guy .
Every Team in our League will now follow Montreal's Blue Print(how to beat Hamilton)
They Blitz Porter all Day and He'll Fold like a Cheap House of Cards.
START GLEN Before it's too late

PS I am not only 1 Who Feels this way
From TSN Schultz Against The World

The final game in Week 14 is Hamilton at Calgary. I would be very surprised if Quinton Porter were to start this week. As a quarterback, he is not a strong starter and as the cliché is stated: you can't win a game in the first quarter but you sure can lose a game in the first quarter. Against Montreal last week, Calgary two weeks ago, and Saskatchewan back on Sunday, August 16th, the first quarter for Porter was a disaster. I wonder what would have happened if Kevin Glenn had either started the game in each situation. Porter needs another off-season and training camp, and the Ticats need to commit to Glenn right now. At 6-6, they still have an opportunity to go 12-6, which would be a playoff game at home and an outstanding season. But first, it's Calgary. HAM 26, CGY 33

Schultz is staying we need start Glen too .
Porter needs anothers Season or two on the Bench .

Onknight:

Maybe Porter does need more time...the problem is that Glenn is not the QB to become the starter. Way too inconsistent. Might as well keep Porter in there.

doc_rock wrote:

"But yeah the hell if i know anything or my opinion matters the same as yours it's all just "guff and rubbish".

Doc: 

You are right there. Thats we have these back and forths on the forum.
What concerns me more than anything is the "open season" people think they can have on any player who displeases them.
I see Porter as a future starter. He is not perfect yet...neither is Glenn, Marcel or Mike Gibson. But he has to work with the coaching mistakes too.
Your stinging and highly personal attacks on him could very well come back to haunt you in the next season or two.
I hope I am right because I would like to see him succeed. His mistakes now are the same as any QB makes when they take over as a starter for the first time.
This whole team needs more time. But I think we are headed in the right direction.

Except that Montreal didn’t blitz Porter. They were on him in less that 2 seconds bringing only 4 guys most of the time, which meant they still had 8 guys back to cover the receivers.

I believe we should start the QB that the rest of the offence has the most confidence in. He is the one will set the pace for the offence right from the opening kickoff. Both QBs could see time during the rest of the game, but the one who starts, should be the one the players are most confident in.
Do coaches ever take this into cosideration, or is it always a top-down decision?

AS FANS WE NEED TO STOP USING CAP LOCK

I agree that we have to give this guy a bit of time. Chanting "we want Glenn" doesn't help.
I have absolutely no problem booing this team off the field if/ when they deserve it -- like after the first half against Montreal. But, its a team game. The pressure was ridiculous -- especially when out-manned pass pressure still got through to the pocket.

Porter had a bad game -- that will happen in your, what 12th start?

When he relaxes in there, I think he's got the tools to be a good QB in this league. He's got decent feet, can barrel through guys if need be and shows signs of escapability and prolonging plays. I think the jury is still out on his arm strength.

I just think he needs to relax, not key in on one guy, get rid of the ball quicker, and give up on plays a bit earlier. Don't be afraid to throw the ball away.

I sure don't want to chase this guy out of town. Perhaps we should trust the guys in charge, for a change, and support this guy's development.

Decent QB's are hard to find...best to make sure the actually aren't any good before running them out of town.

waltt wrote: HE has no killer or fire in him yoga is not football.the players see this :? :? :? :? :? :?

Football players who use/have used yoga include:

Eddie George
Shannon Sharpe
Ted Johnson
Michael Strahan
Dan Marino
Ricky Watters

http://www.holisticmed.com/exercise-yoga.html

But what would they know? They just trained...for football.

Waltt: You keep up with that rack-stretching regimen, champ! :wink:

Russ

Throwing in a few contemporary examples, Anwar Stewart and John Bowman both took up yoga in the offseason … and both are near the top of the league in sacks, enjoying outstanding seasons thus far.

Oh yes, Stewart and Bowman…those guys with no leadership, fire, or killer instinct on the field!

:D :D :D

Yup, scraping up the QB after their work is just a mirage!

Something about core work + yoga to improve hip torque and tendon response that yields explosiveness and extends careers. People who slag it tend not to hear these facts for the cheesies they jam in their ears, but I digress.

MARK MESSIER DID YOGA FOR HOCKEY TRAINING…'NUFF SAID! LMAO

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ