Article from Florida..........CFL better than NFL !

Sure, there have been some huge guys on the OL in the NFL. But the biggest guy on the Redskins roster? Our very own Jonta Woodward.

Here’s the starting OL of the Seahawks, who are regarded as the best.

Walter Jones - 308
Chris Gray - 308
Sean Locklear - 301
Robbie Tobeck - 297
Floyd Womack - 330 ← eek!

Here’s the Ticats, who I regard as the worst in the CFL, but with the most promise.

George Hudson - 310
Marwan Hage - 291
Pascal Cheron - 305
Greg Randal - 332
Ryan Donelly - 272

Injured are 295 pound wayne smith, and 320 pound Damian Cook.

So it’s not much of a difference in size. Linemen have been asked to do a lot more moving in recent years…they’re playing more like CFL linemen.

As for Earl’s comments. If a quarterback on either team calls an audible during friday’s game against the bombers, I will eat my hat.

I don't mean to be rude RockAndRoll, but I doubt, with reading your posts, that you could pick up when a team is actually calling an audible at all times.
As I say, no disrespect there sir intended.

Alright, I just wanted to defend the NFL and debate it's strong points. I guess I'll just leave it be.

This is a good thread
I don't blame any player for going to the NFL for more money, as some one pointed out already this is just human nature. What I don't like is poeple who put down the CFL just for that reason. those people have not watched enough football if that's there point.

I love the NFL, our game is just different and IMO my fun to watch

R&RD, I don't really disagree with your overall analysis of the differences, I think you are right in that the NFL game is more complicated, more plays, more audibles, more chesslike etc. pre-snap. But they have the luxury of 40 seconds, not 20 seconds like here. But I personally think the CFL game is better because, while our chesslike pre-snap isn't as much chesslike as the NFL as you say, it still is chess, but played at a higher and quicker tempo, and post-snap, more creativity for the athletes to make things happen. This is more the type of game I like, I don't care if the NFL playbook is 5 inches thick and the CFL one is 2 inches thick or whatever. I want to be entertained, and since I grew up more as a hockey fan in Canada, like most, our game more reflects the fast paced action of hockey, quicker, less down-time than the NFL game. CFL football is "hockey type football". Hockey isn't as big in the States, of course, so they don't mind waiting between plays as much, I gather.

Those were my exact points. I love the CFL, but I was just trying to think of one way in which the NFL COULD be considered better than the CFL. When I think about it, my "post snap adjustments" comment was flat out wrong, you got me there. But I stand by my complexity comments. Here's what I should have said:

"I like the defensive aspects of football. The rules of the NFL favour the defense more than the rules of the CFL. On the other side of the coin, offenses have to find more creative ways to get around the defensive advantage." I watch the CFL for offence, NFL for defense.

I've been to Bills games, and I've been to Ticats games, and I can tell you I enjoy the game experience of Ivor Wynne about 100-fold more.

And I don't blame you for being defensive. The CFL gets picked on constantly, I'm sure you're sick of defending it, as am I. jayt is right though, this is a good topic for debate.

I guess the moral of the story is: we actually agree, so lets not argue.

"Rock and Roll Dave".....

I may not agree with every point you make and I do agree with some....but I absolutely like your debating style....you're respectful!

:thup:

Question to all....

I have a question about a player I know of that has caught the interest of a legendary Canadian University Coach Blake Nill (he's the son of a woman who I was childhood"buddies" with)

He's 20 yrs old
6 foot
350 lbs (but solid)
Exceptionally quick on his feet and has awesome reflexes)

Because of only being 6 foot, is he more suited to the CFL or could he eye the NFL?

His mom is really new at all this and didn't even know the CFL has negotiation lists.......I tried to explain as best I could....

I don't have any stats available right now but since Coach Nill likes him, I suppose he's worth his salt...

(any thoughts on whether he has a chance in the CFL? .....based on my limited info I supplied......and of course, I can't broadcast his name right now

thanks,

mike :rockin:

(I only posted this because a comparison between CFL and NFL linemen came up in this thread)

ONLY 6 feet?

Yeah…admittedly short compared to most linemen who are 6 foot 2,3,5 and taller…

is this a shortcoming do you think? (no pun intended)

I meant it as that is considered tall among average people but as an offensive linemen it is kind of small. Height SHOULDN'T matter if he has game tho.

I think we all knew that all along, let's face the NFL paid thier players less than or equal to CFL until early 70's. It's like someone said all american hype and a excellent league to bet on in pools etc. but that's about it. It's a working mans league, no hype, just two domes all the rest outside in the rain, fog, SNOW, it's the BEST!!!!!!!

I think we all knew that all along, let's face the NFL paid thier players less than or equal to CFL until early 70's. It's like someone said all american hype and a excellent league to bet on in pools etc. but that's about it. It's a working mans league, no hype, just two domes all the rest outside in the rain, fog, SNOW, it's the BEST!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to discussing Ricky's "achievements", or should I say lack there of, while wintering in Florida on the golf course and at the pool this year!! :lol: :rockin: :lol:

Mikey - The Sehawks guys I mentioned are all 6'3 to 6'6. But I think that's because usually guys have to be that tall in order to be that heavy. You'd think shorter guys would be easier to see over anyways.

Did your friend play uni ball?

All you need to know is the country with the best beer plays the best brand of football.

Ireland?

(Guinness drinker here, closely followed by Keith’s…)

I posted that on the finheaven site as a joke and you should have read the shit that they thru at me. It is under the williams /cfl thread. Go down their boys and stir things up.lol

[url=http://www.finheaven.com]www.finheaven.com[/url]