Article from Florida..........CFL better than NFL !

what can I say?......this is a great endorsement of the CFL from south of the border!.....I hope at leat 800 Americans people saw this!.. (even though there are only about 350 million)

:D

click here to read article

Have a nice day all! (watch out for those nasty thunderstorms!) :roll:

Yep. The CFL is the best kept secret in Canada. And thats ok.

What a great Article!
I've been telling all my co-workers who constatntly make fun of the cats/cfl these points on a regular basis, it's nice to see some people in the USA get it!

I love the NFL as well but let's face it, it's all about "gambling" and "Hype"

There game comes second, our's first

This artcile rings true. I have watched the CFL and the NFL for a long long time and the CFL is that much better than the NFL. In the CFL you are never really out of it and the rules allow for some of the wildest plays I have ever seen in football (i.e. the game between Hamilton and Montreal a few weeks back where we got the ball to the Montreal 10 yard line because of a pass and punt combination)

The CFL is a wild and desperate game played by players that love to play football and are not in it for the BIG dollars the NFL has.

Brox

Nice find mikey...

most of us knew this all along...nice to see this type of article come out of the "States"! :thup:

nice article i hope people start to realize how good our game is now

Don't forget marketing and politics ( and getting s&*tfaced)

according to CNN, america will hit the 300 million mark this summer.....so they have a ways to go b4 350 mil.

Yes good article, too bad it only appears in the "Venice Gondolier", don't know what the circulation is and how many people will read it.

Nice Read

Great article Mikey!Even if only 2% of 300 million get to read this article it will be a boon to OUR form of football.Of course we already know that our game is the best.

... 99% of whom would join the NFL without a moment's hesitation if they thought they had a realistic shot of sticking with a team and cracking the starting line-up. After all, few of us would stay at our current jobs if we had a chance to make 5 to 10 times the pay.

Bingo...Reality Check!

rate of pay and which game is better are two different things...

hmm

As a fan of both leagues, and I know I may take some flak for this, I'd just like point out that I think the NFL is a much more intellectual game. Coaching becomes far more important at that level of play than it does in the CFL. There is far more pre-snap adjustment, on-the- fly adjustment, and more creative offensive and defensive schemes.

So if I want to watch a chessmatch, I watch the NFL. If I want to watch a shootout, I watch the CFL.

RockAndRollDave, I respect what you say, even though I disagree. To each his own.
But, a couple of points. Intellectual? How much intellect does it take to pack on OL with five guys weighing between 370 and 400 pounds, which is not uncommon.
I do agree that the U.S. values coaching, probably giving it more credit than it deserves. For example, do you know who is the highest paid U.S. government employee? NOT the President, NOT the heads of the FBI or CIA, etc.
The highest paid U.S. Gov't employee is the Head Coach of the Football team at the U.S. Naval Academy.

Twisted priorities???

You said you expected some flak, and I didn't want you to be disappointed.

RockAndRollDave:

As a fan of both leagues, and I know I may take some flak for this, I'd just like point out that I think the NFL is a much more intellectual game. Coaching becomes far more important at that level of play than it does in the CFL. There is far more pre-snap adjustment, on-the- fly adjustment, and more creative offensive and defensive schemes.

So if I want to watch a chessmatch, I watch the NFL. If I want to watch a shootout, I watch the CFL.

RockAndRoll, your post is about as much as it can get in terms of misconceptions out there, it's actually a perfect post to reiterate those archaic and outdated stereotypes that exist in terms of the two leagues.
And I've been down this path with people who live up to this ridiculous stereotype before and I'm not going to even waste my breath. You fall hook, line and sinker bud and it shows with your post. Like Wilf, don't want you to be disappointed.
For me, both are chessmatches, with the NFL with allowing 40 seconds to start a play, more audibles and allows more plays in the playbook, but you've got the time to implement these. The CFL, and this is a chessmatch, not as many plays perhaps, more improvising on the run, as you only have 20 seconds to get the ball in play, make a quick read and rock and roll and let the players do the rest. Coaching is still important but more freedom for the players to improvise. Just as much of a chessmatch, but a different type of one, not a slower, monotonous 40 second, wake me up when the ball is snapped, type of match.

CFL players have vastly more freedom to make on-the-fly adjustments than NFL players. NFL play is much more regimented.

exactly!