Armstead to Als?

The difference Zontar is that Popp doesn't NEED Armstead. The Ticats are not YET in a position to play these games.

Like Popp trying to show up Matthews and taking over as coach.(and failing)

Exactly

We 've gone over this ground long before.

If Obie thought he NEEDED Armstead he’d be here.

Since almost all the recs. brought in are tall, tough and focussed, the opposite of Armstead, Obie is not losing sleep over this.

he is a good player the cats wanted and couldnt keep. thats all that matters. What he is worth i dont know but I dont think the cats have any reciever who makes half of what any other teams starting two make. That tells you right there that its like hfxtc said, hope to get lucky with a rookie. Then what will they do when they find one and he wants a raise? he will be gone and another camp full of rookies will appear.......its a pattern that wasnt all MD as it now continues.

That's cool. You know that players aren't paid till they play their first game. So why did Ob put his Dickytee on the table before camp is al I'm saying.

We'll look at the end of the season and see which of these rookie receivers puts up 2000 combined yards :wink:

Whatever happened to the “going rate”?

Armstead made his bed. He made his choice .

Why is all your negativity then directed at Obie and the org.?

twice that of any ticat i might add…

A GM not wanting a player playing out his option in the locker room is not an unheard of approach in professional sports.

2000 combined yards, three wins and last in nearly every off. statistical category?

I hope we have none.

whatever the going rate is.......pay someone it is all I am saying and if its not armstead then cool......pay the guy it is but every time we get or have someone it might be he is gone before we find out and I dont need to go through the names again do I? we all know them.

Obie DID try and "pay" the guy and Armstead passed on it.
Why do you keep trying to complicate a simple matter?

Look Armstead salary is not the foremost factor here.

Example: Printers makes 430k if he has no receivers to throw to, that 75k that your overpaying Armstead to catch his balls becomes a bargain.

I wonder if they might approach Obie again to try to work something.
Even if it is for 1 year, he would be 1/2 option for the Cats.
I do not see him getting that opp with another CFL team.

Uh, when you have a salary cap and a budget it was and is THE factor.

This discussion is getting ridiculous.

Then as a gm he didnt get the guy he wanted, FAILED.
PUTS ZONTAR ON IGNORE

Its just dangerous when FANS refuse to analyse an organisation's move especially if the results aren't what these same fans expected in return. They then feel stupid and turn on the management ...

For me Obilovich has shown me nothing yet.

I am not impressed by the level of talent brought in

Not impressed with his draft picks

Not impressed with how the Watkins trade got blown up because someone opened their mouth early.

Not impressed with cost cutting.

Not impressed with giving away Brock Ralph.

Not impressed with the soap opera with Taffe.

But that's just my opinion

You are correct but these decisions are required come cut down time during camp.

All valid points. I AM impressed with some of the talent I saw at training camp, but I’m not willing make a judgement on O’Billovich’s success based on that. I want to see on-field results before I start patting him on the back. I don’t think that every move he made is great just because he made it and he knows football.

Win some lose some that’s the business.

Again, you’re trying look for a way out of the mess you made of this issue. You blamed this on the entire organization being cheap.

So which is it now?

The simple matter of give and take in a contract negotiation or your big boogeyman of the organization’s supposed cheapness threatening to derail the team?

exactly. Add to it that armstead was under contract all offseason but they wait till two weeks before camp to hit him with a cut knowing he couldnt catch on anywhere else and bettering the chance that his back was against the wall and no options were left. They knew what he was making and could have done it last november. Players around the league know these moves and remember them. Text messages and phone calls go a long way in how players are treated as we all know.