Arizona Cardinals Mike Miller enters the contest

releasing the names is good for the fans.
is good for self promotion
is breaking a lot of interview codes of confidentiality for many of the applicants.

And according to Popp there will be more interviews Wed. Will we see some more interesting candidates?

And what are they doing today - slacking off?

They are most probably going through the candidates interviewed and eliminating some of them.

After Wednesday's interviews, I hope that they will inform/tell us the names of individuals interviewed.

I expect that later on in the week,they-Mr.Wetenhall and Jim Popp- will list the 2 or 3 finalists,unless a candidate was way above the other candidates-as in 2007 with Brutus- and has been chosen.

Hoping to have a final answer-new Head Coach- before the end of this week. Would be introduced most probably by middle of next week.

Richard

Maybe its Marcel’s going away party…

Agreed 100%. Let’s not drag this gong show out longer than necessary. Hopefully we have a non-Maciocia head coach introduced by this time next week…

If there was a Canadian candidate I had ANY confidence in I might give a hoot; but there isn’t, so I don’t. All I care about is Popp getting the best coach possible

And what american do you have confidence in?
Zorn...shiny name fired from his only HC job in 2 years looking like a deer in the headlights and never lasting more than 2 years anywhere doing anything anywhere FOR 20 YEARS
or a failed american college coach now doing tv
or an out of work OC who has never done anything in that role outside of a HOF QB. Everyone else he has coached has gotten killed.

why do we assume one is going to be more successful because he's in that league? for Chrissakes so is Tracksuit now..

vs people who have been successful in THIS league paying their dues.

Nobody from the States who hasn't paid their dues here in a lesser role has been successful in 30 years in Canada as a HC. Except Trestman and you all hate him now.

I mean Zorn??? really???? because he's a name? and knows Calvillo??? HE'S FUZZY??????

You guys are just exhibiting usa bias...c'mon

Yeah, no name that I've heard so far has filled me with confidence. Looks like Popp is just interviewing a bunch of US rejects and has-beens to boost his own profile for the 2013 offseason, when I'm sure he'll be right back to scouring the NFL for a GM job.

You're telling me that some college coach with 0 CFL experience is going to be a better choice than, say, Doug Berry? Bah.

agreed...
or Chapdelaine haha (but of course I'm serious)
or some anonymous db coach
like Chamblin two years ago.

dues man
experience
respect.

Great post. Just wish you would put down who your favorite for the job is …

I don’t care where the guy has coached. I’m just impressed with the mix of guys who are being interviewed. The guy I wanted is Chris Jones and he pulled himself. He might have even just used the opportunity to get himself a raise in Toronto. Chapdelaine I’d be ok with if they chose him. There aren’t too many interesting candidates from the CFL who are available. Dave Dickenson is HC in waiting in Calgary like Benevides was. Craig Dickenson just signed up with the Riders. I like Blake Nill, the Head Coach of the Calgary Dinos. Who’s been a winner everywhere he’s coached and has 15 years of winning as a HC in the CIS.

The timing sucks right now to hire a CFL guy because Trestman leaving like a savage well after the hiring season for a HC in the CFL. For me Maciocia and Bellefeuille don’t belong as HC of the Alouettes, those two are non starters with me. Benevides, Milanovich, Jones, Dickenson, Chapdelaine. I would be happy with. I don’t know that Zorn is the right guy. I just think its the thing of movies because he scouted Calvillo out of High School and coached him through College.

Hiring a HC for a football team is one of the most complex hire you can make in business and the Als have more often then not known what the team needs. If they do hire an “outsider”. I hope that it will be made clear to the new Coach that he must reside in Montreal, be part of the community and marketing of the team and that he can not have an escape clause to the NFL for 3 years. This is not the NFL but its not the UFL either.

Maciocia has he puts it got his dream job in “Edmonton” where he left the Als for lateral position and he washed out badly, they still haven’t recovered but that does not equal US Bias.

Present, local and accessible. My mantra given this disaster. survive the franchise while a new focus is found. Next guy probably wont survive. look to guy after this one with minimal damage. YOU NEVER SUCCEED A LEGEND. That is a rule of thumb.

I'd hire Chadelaine or Bellefeuille. I think with this mess bilingualism is a hidden elephant.Probably go with Bellefeuille
I'd go hard after Dunigan as OC and associate HC and overpay him. Calvillo is not going to pay attention anyway and Dunigan gets that.
Cahoon back in ass't GM position ( granted he hates Calvillo)
Duane Forde in a management position. He's built for this. next gm maybe
Love Blake Nill.
get craig dickenson sometime in next few years
get barrin miles ( now with sask)

Grab Mark Washington now before he becomes the next GUY. And he will be very good imo.

C’est dur d’haïr les Alouettes à ce point là. :wink:

have no idea what you really mean leStaff but i don't

Interesting that Jim said he’s not looking for a Coach from the defensive side of the ball, yet they are interviewing Mark, I wonder who he’s put forth as his OC ?

Humorous post: Loosely translates as “Tough to wish so much pain on something you love”
In other words I don’t think he agrees with you too much.

Pour ma part, je souhaite que Popp recrute le meilleur candidat qu'il a sous la main.

S'il faut que ce soit quelqu'un qui vient des USA, je suis bien d'accord. Il s'agira de l'entourer de gens qui connaissent la LCF pour qu'on ait une transition plus à la Trestman qu'à la Andrus.

Je ne souhaite pas tant que cet entraîneur choisisse ses coordonnateurs. Popp a assez de finesse pour entourer un entraîneur de gens avec qui il pourra s'entendre. Ça deviendra alors à l'entraîneur d'être suffisamment rassembleur pour que l'équipe d'entraîneurs rame dans la même direction. Une telle situation force les gens à donner le meilleur d'eux-mêmes.

Les Alouettes ont de bonnes bases sur lesquelles bâtir. Il y place à l'amélioration, mais il y a tout de même un groupe de joueurs très intéressant dans l'équipe et cela devrait favoriser l'embauche d'un bon entraîneur-chef.

Voyons voir l'équipe qui sera réellement à la barre des destinées des Alouettes sur le terrain et nous pourrons mieux en apprécier les forces et les faiblesses.

Je me souviens que nombre d'entre nous se sont enthousiasmés de la venue de Reinebold. Disons que du concept à l'application, son passage a été une déception en bout de piste.

no i understand …just don’t get it.

Hiring someone is always a craps shoot. Their selection process is intense and meticulous and we know they are more than capable to analyze their candidates and their needs. That’s all we can ask for.

Where is the evidence to suggest that Ben Cahoon hates Anthony Calvillo? I'd like a fact or three to support that very interesting assertion.

While I agree with Hfx that two units have the potential to improve, I ultimately side with slant, after thinking about it: I don't think the next HC will last or succeed, but that's okay. We need to hold steady until the right HC comes along. Brutus left us no choice, leaving so late in the season and basically taking the remains of our coaching staff with him...

Reason Herb says Als are looking offensive HC mostly is because we have no offensive staff. The quote from Popp is something like, "If we interview you and you're on the defensive side of the ball, you better be able to put together an offensive coaching staff really quickly."

Indeed. Candidates can look great on paper but fail to put it together on the field.