Arius of course it is not a rotation

I am pretty dared sure the fact that he actually caught a pass in game one proves I am in fact correct, Sambo.
He was the DI in the Stamps first 3 games.
I guess he “sat” for them all.
Which of course then becomes further proof that there is no “rotation” just because it is “someone’s turn”.

Question, Sambo. Why do you think Nik Lewis was taken completely off the roster in game 4? Not benched. Not the DI. Removed from the active roster.

05 says it was strictly because it was his turn in this “rotation” thingy.
No other reason.
And I might add, that is all this entire argument is about, no matter how many red herrings 05 drags across the screen.

the player to sit would be one that is either injured or not at his peak performance, and is agreed to by the coaching staff and the players as well to a certain extent
My apologies. I never realizes such concepts were possible. You guys bench people, or don't play them because of poor performance? Or injuries? And only when the coaches agree to this? And the players accept this, thereby making them culpable...to some extent?

Wow!
You guys are brilliant there in Cowtown…

Pardon me while I go turn down the “mock” level…

Well Arius it seems you have more concern for the stamps then your own team. Again the reason Lewis sat out was simply that they had two new db’s to go in for an inured db. Therefore the di spot was taken by a db. But a rotation does exist it is plain as day if you read the sun article it states it. But of course you need to be a spin doctor and put your own label to it. so be it but you are very WRONG. Can you spell it Arius.

Wow the sheep are getting nervous in Saskatchewan Arius is making those baaaaa d posts again.

The light bulb came on and you figured this out all by yourself remarkable.

…I tried to play mediator and show a scenario whereby both you and rw05 are partially correct in the reasons why the stampeders are having to sit a receiver for games but apparently some people are too friggin ignorant to discuss things in a civilized manner or debate with anything higher than a grade four intelligence level…enjoy your pigpen boys…

REally you are a bit grouchy these days red. Time take that executive jet to nice quiet place and relax. Grade 4 hey! Thats a bit high for Arius! :lol: :lol:

By the way red your assessment was correct. But now who are we trading Boe for this week?

...yes, I am a surly bastard today....I apologize....

Sorry, Red.
I suppose I am too used to pushing 05’s buttons on this particulat point and you caught some blowback.

look.
It is this simple.
And nobody ever wants to answer this, because then the debate likely ends.
Does anyone except 05 think Nik Lewis watched a game in civies because it was “just his turn”.
Does anyone except 05 think that a team sits out their best receiver, possibly their best football player, for a game because of some predetermined policy to “rotate” players?
Or is it within the realm of possibility, especially as both Nik Lewis AND his coaches publically said it was the case, that Nik Lewis sat out a game because he simply was not playing well?
Just like in this case with Bo, where both the player and the team publically state that he is sitting because he has not played well AND he is dinged up?

Tough questions I know!!

....I can't speak for anyone but myself....

...I preface these answer with the knowledge that the stamps cannot dress every receiver they have, and that there is a decision being mandated by the ratio that Higgins must face every game to sit a player...it can be called a 'rotation' because it isn't going to be the same player every week...and the player selected to sit will be decided either well before a game, or an hour before as is the case this week in Montreal (while it is expected to be Bo Higgins has said that is not 100% sure and will make that decision before the game)....so, that being said:

a) I think Nik was selected to be the rotated out player based on mediocre play leading up to his sitting,
b) I do not believe that a predetermined list exists of who will sit out

...hope that helps....

Well you didn’t go too far out on a limb…but essentially, that is all I have ever said.
The theory that 05 has put forth is that Nik Lewis, who I believe is by far your best receiver and one of the best receivers in the league, sat out a game so that a back-up linebacker could sit on the bench as the DI.
Even if it is as simple as “we need the DI as a defensive player this week so the extra receiver will sit” it still makes zero sense to decide to sit out your very best receiver/football player.
I suppose you could have sat out Joffrey Reynolds instead. Or your starting o-lineman. It would make as much sense.

The fact is, Nik was benched. Because he was playing like crap. Period.
05 can’t admit that.
So I mock him for it!!

Ya right and Fantuz is in rotation on the pine. Arius your a very good spin doctor. Again to prove that you do not read very well I stated that they had to put in two new db's because if you recall they gave that aple and a road map to two of them. Therefore Nik could not be a DI that game so they sat him. I am not saying that prior to that he had a problem holding onto the ball. But had the fact they did not can two guys in defensive back field he would have had the DI spot. But what the heck Dr Arius you know more about the stamps then any one. So Arius who do you suppose we will trade Boe for this week? Take note once again the highlighted sentence from a sports report.

Boerigter catches short straw in revolving door
UPDATED: 2007-08-08 02:05:06 MST

By IAN BUSBY

Marc Boerigter will likely sit out tomorrow's game in Montreal (5:30 p.m., TSN), as Ken-Yon Rambo draws The Calgary Stampeders have spun their receiving corps rotation again, and this time it appears No. 89 has come up the odd man out. back into the lineup in the receiving rotation started three games ago by the Stampeders.

Instead of moving players in and out during the course of a game, the Stamps are just moving them in and out of the lineup for each start.

The first to sit was slotback Nik Lewis in a home game against the Toronto Argonauts. Then Ryan Thelwell dressed but didn't see much action on offence against the B.C. Lions.

Rambo drew the short straw last week when the Stamps beat the Edmonton Eskimos, and now it appears to be Boerigter's turn.

The free-agent signing this off-season has -- by his own admission -- been a disappointment this season, only catching 16 passes for 246 yards and one touchdown in six games. He did have a major called back last week due to a push-off penalty.

When the Stamps returned to practice Monday to prepare for the Alouettes, Boerigter sat out with a knee injury while Rambo drew in for most offensive sets.

Quarterback Henry Burris, who had a strong outing in Edmonton, said the offence has benefited from stopping the rotation during games.

"The guys who are playing in every game, we work at knowing the places they're in," Burris said. "We know the type of player that's out there and the plays they can make.

"It makes it so much easier. Guys are just having fun now because they don't have to change position. We can just go out and make plays."

For someone who usually has an insider's perspective, Rambo got a look at the Stampeders from the outside. Rambo watched the team play without him this weekend for just the third time since joining the club in 2005. Although he liked seeing his teammates get a game-winning field goal to beat the Eskimos, Rambo wasn't pleased sitting in Calgary and tuning in to the game on CBC.

"You can see the game real good," said Rambo. "I could really see what was going on from a different perspective. I just wanted to see what the offence did. It wasn't fun, I can tell you that much."

Rambo was sat last week in order to nurse various ailments, but he was flying around in practice the past two days and catching a lot of passes.

Being sat out did wonders for Lewis, who responded with back-to-back 100-yard receiving games, while Thelwell was also more active last week with more time on the field, so Rambo hopes the same happens for him.

"I'm ready," he said. "I hate sitting out when there's no reason to sit out. I'm anxious to get on the Alouettes."

In the team's last visit to Montreal, Rambo was a large part of the Stamps' offence during an incredible win in which every play seemed to induce creativeness.

He caught four passes for 95 yards with two touchdowns but also ran a reverse that caught the Als off-guard.

"Last year was a nice little game plan," said Rambo, acknowledging the offence is different. "I enjoyed it a lot, especially that we came out with a victory. I love playing in Montreal.

"I like the atmosphere.

"I love to get my hands up in the air. The whole city has a great atmosphere."

Arius what do you suppose that says!

It is called Comprehension 101.

Notice your own carefully selected passage:

Marc Boerigter will likely sit out tomorrow's game in Montreal (5:30 p.m., TSN), as Ken-Yon Rambo draws The Calgary Stampeders have spun their receiving corps rotation again, and this time it appears No. 89 has come up the odd man out. back into the lineup in the receiving rotation started three games ago by the Stampeders.
Let's break it down even further:
the receiving rotation started three games ago by the Stampeders
What was that? the rotation started 3 games ago? So who was the first guy to sit, 3 games ago? Nik Lewis? Yet when it happened you referred to the "ongoing" rotation which had been happening all season, and that Copeland had partaken in in the first 3 games. Either you were wrong then, or this article is wrong now. Of course both you and the article could be wrong. Pick one of the 3 for me.

Meanwhile, I’ll just keep repeating this simple fact for you everytime you try to force that dead horse to move.
Nik Lewis is your best receiver–one of THE best in the league.
Higgins would have to be an idiot to sit down his best receiver so that an import benchwarmer can get on the roster.

So, game 7 and Copes hasn’t taken a turn in the rotation yet?
They forget about him?

And how is Maxie doing?
Now that I have also been proven correct when I suggested giving him a front office job was a beautiful way to circumnavigate the SMS.

There are two rotations going Arius… the Stamp receivers and your head everytime a Stamp receiver gets taken out of the line-up…

Well I am enjoying this, Sambo.
I mean the whole thing. The mythical rotation plan, the believe by some that I have ever suggested any of Calgary’s receivers might be traded when not once have I ever suggested such.
Now it is a game to predict which receiver will sit each week.
So let’s get the picks in early.
As Copeland has never sat a game yet, logic says it should be him this week.
Or, perhaps Copes is immune (compromising pictures of Higgins?).
Therefore maybe we are back to the start of the cycle.
That means Lewis should sit this week.
Or maybe they draw the names out of a hat each week, in which case, it isn’t so much a plan, as goofy.
But that would mean it could be anyone. Regardless of quality of play or injury status.

Anyway, I think I’ll take a flier and suggest Bo will sit again this week.
No reason. I just think they should go in alphabetical order the rest of the season.

Sambo it seems Arius and mikeyboy trade notes. The fact does not sink in for Arius but I am sure Mike would get it even with it being mentioned in a newspaper article. :roll: And Arius you did imply there could be a possible trade with Nik. But again you have to bite your tongue when your wrong.

IF the Stamps were going to trade a receiver, it might be Thelwell. He hasn't done much since he signed with the Stamps, and really has been invisible so far this year. I dont believe the Stamps will trade any of their receivers, even though Thelwell has been a disappointment so far.

Yes it seems Thelwell is a disappointment. But really last nights loss was more to prep work of this game and the coaching decisions.

darn my foggy vision, I keep reading arius as anus, sigh