Arius of course it is not a rotation

Boerigter catches short straw in revolving door
UPDATED: 2007-08-08 02:05:06 MST

By IAN BUSBY

The Calgary Stampeders have spun their receiving corps rotation again, and this time it appears No. 89 has come up the odd man out.

Marc Boerigter will likely sit out tomorrow's game in Montreal (5:30 p.m., TSN), as Ken-Yon Rambo draws back into the lineup in the receiving rotation started three games ago by the Stampeders.

Instead of moving players in and out during the course of a game, the Stamps are just moving them in and out of the lineup for each start.

The first to sit was slotback Nik Lewis in a home game against the Toronto Argonauts. Then Ryan Thelwell dressed but didn't see much action on offence against the B.C. Lions.

Rambo drew the short straw last week when the Stamps beat the Edmonton Eskimos, and now it appears to be Boerigter's turn.

The free-agent signing this off-season has -- by his own admission -- been a disappointment this season, only catching 16 passes for 246 yards and one touchdown in six games. He did have a major called back last week due to a push-off penalty.

When the Stamps returned to practice Monday to prepare for the Alouettes, Boerigter sat out with a knee injury while Rambo drew in for most offensive sets.

Quarterback Henry Burris, who had a strong outing in Edmonton, said the offence has benefited from stopping the rotation during games.

"The guys who are playing in every game, we work at knowing the places they're in," Burris said. "We know the type of player that's out there and the plays they can make.

"It makes it so much easier. Guys are just having fun now because they don't have to change position. We can just go out and make plays."

For someone who usually has an insider's perspective, Rambo got a look at the Stampeders from the outside. Rambo watched the team play without him this weekend for just the third time since joining the club in 2005. Although he liked seeing his teammates get a game-winning field goal to beat the Eskimos, Rambo wasn't pleased sitting in Calgary and tuning in to the game on CBC.

"You can see the game real good," said Rambo. "I could really see what was going on from a different perspective. I just wanted to see what the offence did. It wasn't fun, I can tell you that much."

Rambo was sat last week in order to nurse various ailments, but he was flying around in practice the past two days and catching a lot of passes.

Being sat out did wonders for Lewis, who responded with back-to-back 100-yard receiving games, while Thelwell was also more active last week with more time on the field, so Rambo hopes the same happens for him.

"I'm ready," he said. "I hate sitting out when there's no reason to sit out. I'm anxious to get on the Alouettes."

In the team's last visit to Montreal, Rambo was a large part of the Stamps' offence during an incredible win in which every play seemed to induce creativeness.

He caught four passes for 95 yards with two touchdowns but also ran a reverse that caught the Als off-guard.

"Last year was a nice little game plan," said Rambo, acknowledging the offence is different. "I enjoyed it a lot, especially that we came out with a victory. I love playing in Montreal.

"I like the atmosphere.

"I love to get my hands up in the air. The whole city has a great atmosphere."

According to Arius logic, Boerigter is now trade bait!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your right Sambo. Or just maybe it is the coach sending a message for his poor play on that non existant PI call.

Does that mean we can start trade rumours this week about Boerichter? :wink: :wink:

I didnt believe in the rotation thing at first but now I do. But I still dont think that it is smart, Calgary should trade one of their many "great" recievers to get some help at another position. Because they do need it.

Yes Sporty I heard he is headed your way and wants to be with his old coach.

Yes they trade one of these guys and it would be their luck an injury occurs. Oh yes injuries do occur. Why would you do it for the sake of a trade? If you got depth all the better. Why doesn't wally trade one of his three QB's ? Right injuries.

So Arius whats the story with Boe? :lol:

1. in trouble with the coach (your favorite)
  2. Trade bait (your favorite)
  3. Or he is out do to it is his turn in the rotation.

Hmmmmm what could it be Arius?

Excellent, since we need a back up to Pierce, can you throw Burris into the deal too?

Lets see, I could send you Simon and a future consideration! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Both of you should send us 2nd round picks for allowing this deal to go through!

deleted by poster

Or how about 4). None of the above.

Maybe try this (I hope quoting your own source qualifies as acceptable):

The free-agent signing this off-season has -- by his own admission -- been a disappointment this season, only catching 16 passes for 246 yards and one touchdown in six games. He did have a major called back last week due to a push-off penalty.

When the Stamps returned to practice Monday to prepare for the Alouettes, Boerigter sat out with a knee injury while Rambo drew in for most offensive sets.

and:

Rambo was sat last week in order to nurse various ailments

Now, what was you theory again?
Oh yeah. They were taking scheduled turns to display the concept of "One".
It had nothing to do with how they were playing, or injuries.

Like I told you before, we have a "rotation" like that as well.
Yo Murphy has been rotating all season!!

Anyway, going back to your 3 choices, it could be either of, or both the first 2. But what we know absolutely, is that it is not number 3.

Nice try though. Keep flogging that dead horse!!

Old news. I started that rumour immediately after the game last week....

Another Stamp receiver that nobody would give a bag of used jock straps for...

How is Elijah doing in Montreal, 05?

Elijah has been playing some half decent football in Montreal. No glaring dropped passes, and he is somewhat productive. Maybe he has finally found a place where he can play.

A dead horse banged up or not he would have sat. Just admit when you are wrong. And you are wrong it is right there in the article if you can read it there my friend. I do not feel the Stamps are one bit disappointed with Boe. So Arius is a trade in the works. :lol: :lol: Nice try but it is a rotation.

Well ET was the Riders best receiver a few years back and frankly why the Stamps signed him is beyond me. Maybe coach Arius can tell us.

05 hates him so...
He was an all-star his last year for the Riders, so tough to say he didn't play well here...
He actually played decent for the Stamps (I know 05 will vehemently disagree) and right now, it looks like they let the wrong guy go. I suspect it was mostly a cap issue though.
And he has played well for Montreal to date. On pace for roughly 900 yards.

A dead horse banged up or not he would have sat. Just admit when you are wrong. And you are wrong it is right there in the article if you can read it there my friend. I do not feel the Stamps are one bit disappointed with Boe. So Arius is a trade in the works. Laughing Laughing Nice try but it is a rotation.
Sorry. Your lack of insight seems to be matched only by your lack of reading skills. The article, and I even took the time to highlight the key points for you, says he is sitting because he is A) hurt, and B) not playing well. If it was a "rotation" how come by game seven, Copeland hasn't sat yet? Shouldn't everyone take a turn?

They are "rotating" players, 05. Because of poor play and injuries. Pretty sure that is standard prcactice on most teams? Gee--this guy is hurt. Maybe we should play someone else this week. Duh!!
But none of that adds up to your theory that anyone has yet been sat because "it is just their turn".
But hey, platoon situations do occur as well.
If a team has two players they feel are nearly identical in skills, a platoon rotation can occur. Usually, such systems are short lived and eventually, one player sits while the other plays.
As soon as you let me know which receiver of a skill level equal to Nik Lewis has been sat on your team, I'll reassess my position.

Until then, don't bet on that horse. It's dead!!

You are wrong Arius. Copeland sat the 1st game out, he only got onto the field when the game was well in hand, and with the Stamps' second stringers. It is why he only had 1 catch for 9yds. Had the game been in doubt, he would have been on the bench for the entire game.

...it's o.k. to admit defeat Arius, it can be liberating even...go ahead, release yourself....

...while I do not buy into the plan that there is a 'set' rotation of receivers (i.e. - something drawn up weeks ago regardless of how players might be playing come their 'turn') I do think that there is a plan in place to sit a player for an entire game versus just a few plays...the player to sit would be one that is either injured or not at his peak performance, and is agreed to by the coaching staff and the players as well to a certain extent....it could be called a 'rotation' under these conditions, just not a predetermined list...