Argos worry? Interest in Toronto Bills games lukewarm so far

They now claim that they have more people wanting tickets than they can supply for.

I bet at least half of the people going with be from the States.

Time will tell...

There is stanger smell than usual in "hogtown" and it's coming from the Rogers Centre!!! What a load of BS!!!! 3500 requests for tickets a day!!!! More likely 3500 total!!! :roll:

yep, we all know that the Star willfully changes it's poll results and other "facts" to suit their purposes, in this case to pump up another of the MLSE properties...TFC, Leafs, NFL in TO.

It's been a 6 weeks since their official announcement and at the rate of 3500 requests for tickets at day, that should total about 150,000. But another national newspaper has reported that between 15,000 to 16,000 requests have been received. That's quite a jump in demand in last two weeks, according to the Star. :wink:

I guess thats why they call it hogtown cause it smells like pigs. The rest of Canada should tell Ontario to get out of our country, pay their portion of the debt, they drag the rest of the country down and they have absolutely nothing to offer us.

Thinking out loud. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What if the Leafs go on a two game winning streak? What if a possible third game conflicts with the NFL game? Would fans go see the NFL or go and watch the Leafs maybe win 3 in a row? :lol: :lol:

They should change their name to the toronto american sicamore tree leafs

No, Toronto Centre of the Universe Leafs.

It's too bad the Buffalo media doesn't pick up this story. It would help their case if the situation eventually comes down to the franchise either staying in Buffalo or moving to Toronto.
Obviously other media in Toronto wouldn't pick up this story because it may embarrass the city's world-class ambitions.

So if this thing actually sells out what would you say then?
It was all free ticket giveaways?
Toronto is an wannabe American state? More of the Ontario should leave the country?
That is all I see on this forum when it comes to the NFL and Toronto. How about this - Find some new material.

Hey BobbyP - Question for you? Why doesn't BC just leave if you hate Ontario so much? Surely you could make a go of it on your own?

Or how about Alberta? Hope they do better with this oil boom - the third time around...

So much love for Toronto. Look why is everyone so up tight. It is only a football game. The lack of interest shows it will be a flop. They can sugar coat it all they want but it will still fail. There is no need to slander Ontario. Just makes one look stupid. Born and raised in Alberta and I do not feel the need to dislike Ontario for their views. Funny but there are many on this site that can never respect another person opinion. The NFL will not be setting up home in Toronto. They will tease and some fans will go and this just might entice more fans to the CFL Argos.

In some ways I'm actually a bit surprised Godfrey, Rogers, Tanenbaum et al. have gone out on a limb, so to speak, with these Bills games in Toronto as this really is Toronto's chance to show the NFL it is an NFL city. It has to work otherwise, no team of their own down the road.

A fairly big gamble that I'm still betting will work in toronto but they are going to have work at it.

My thoughts exactly. It’s a handfull of games…

Funny thing about the views of Ontario/ Toronto - they are not different than those of of any other region of this country. Every region has the same city vs rural, city vs province, province vs federal issues… for some reason people just love to hate Toronto/ Onatrio.

I just get so sick of the Ontario/Toronto bashing here. I’ve travelled all across this country and to several other countries/cities around the world. Some I like- some I don’t. But I’ll never slag any of them. They are what they are. Each has its own merits and beauty.

Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.

True enough alpha, the NFL is really behind the eight ball in Toronto with the other leagues established there despite the TV numbers or betting numbers or the so-called huge numbers of NFL fans there etc. They still have to get people to open their wallets and businesses to do the same. As I've said, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least half the people going to the games from the US.

Alberta is doing just fine, thankyou. Just leave all the Creeps and Bums in Ontario and don’t go begging for a handout.

As for hating Toronto, I don’t and never have hated Toronto or Torontonians. I do however dislike the attitude, mostly displayed in the media, that Toronto is somehow better than the rest of the Country and that somehow Toronto’s viewpoint is that of the rest of the Country. For example, The Toronto Globe and Mail calling itself Canada’s National Newspaper or the Toronto Sports Network(TSN) with its contests that state if you aren’t from Toronto you can’t apply.

So enjoy your No Fun League and you can have your Leafs and your Raptors. Just leave us Pinball.

disclaimer: The above comments are meant solely for sarcasm. Any similarity to real or imagined places is purely intentional. I really love Toronto but come to think of it I really do hate the Globe and Mail.

Well put cflesksfan. My thought exactly. :thup:

Listen if you want to seperate with BC, I’ve put a couple of names together.

Western Roughriders…Just Kiddin

(1)Cascadia
(2)Albert Columbia

....The 'centre of the universe'......'legends in their own mind'...a couple of terms used to describe Torontonians that are really quite laughable...i don't think they take themselves seriously. never mind anyone else....the Maple Laughs are a joke compared to their storied history...Jays are a struggle...who follows basketball in this country (okay maybe a few diehards) and the only team with any credibility is the Argos of late, with their fearless leader, pinball........soooo in the final analysis, if a handful of monied people in Toronta want to throw their money away...and add a bid for an nfl fantasy team to their already ' centre of the universe' unimpressive sports record ,.....wellllllll i say, go ahead boys,,,,we;ll try not to laugh too hard.... :lol: :lol:

LOL - I hate the Globe as well. And TSN come to think of it... I do like the Raptors and Leafs -then again I also like the Marlies, TFC and the Rock. I'm just frustrated with the Jays right now.

Even though I like the NFL.....
AND I HATE THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they ever moved to Toronto I suggest a name change.