Argos were classless tonite

i won't defend Bruce's TD celebration... i didn't even get it. and obviously Andrus didn't like it since AB3 didn't see the ball much after that. and although i understand why Johnson tripped the returner (he had an injured arm and couldn't tackle him) that shouldn't excuse it and their ought to be a fine. i didn't mind McNeal's MJ celebration, it was quicker and less showboat-y than lots of other TD celebrations. i also didn't mind the sack celebrations especially Belli's "Jonathan Brown kick" which i thought was a nice tribute to a team leader with a career threatening injury.

here's the difference though: when Chris Davis kept showboating after 1st downs and walking through larger defenders and pointing through them (often hitting them with his extended arm) the Argos didn't get mad... they got even. Lin J Shell knocked the snot out of the little punk and he couldn't make it off the field without lying down for a minute first. we'll see if he has the balls to do it again.

so: why didn't Hamilton defenders do the same?

This may sound bad, but if I were a Tiger-Cat defender on AB3's TD shennanigans, I would have taken the penalty and speared him in the head for what he did. The opposing teams have to learn that NOBODY can show off after a score in our house - in fact - NOBODY should be ALLOWED to score in our house...

I heard the blue teams coach on The Fan 590 this morning. Appearantly their offensive co-ordinator lit into Bruce first and the coach, choosing his words wisely, got in to Bruce’s grill as well afterwards.

Don Landry the morning show host( and big Argo fan )also said how it disgusted him.

It would seem the only person who thought it was a good way to celebrate a TD was Bruce himself…

It should absolutely be a suspension. He took his helmet and jersey off in the field of play and it's NOT the first time he's shown a blatent disregard for the rules of the CFL. I always respected Bruce as a very talented player, but I would NOT have him on my team for anything now. He takes USELESS penalties and makes a mockery of the CFL as a whole. How is pretending to be dead paying a tribute to anyone?? That in itself is totally disrespectful.

Classless jerk.

Well said… :rockin:

A few things:

Class has nothing to do with them beating us, but it does make them look like a-holes in the eyes of the league and it's a shining example to the youngsters watching the game. Teach them to be show-boating jerks, great idea.

Belli wasn't acting. He is an idiot. Nice guy of the field, but put the pads on him and it's instant bonehead.

Maybe we should get one of our bigger guys like Long to take cheap shots on the blue team's smaller players. Seems to work for them.

Finally, Paullywood, that was the funniest thing I"ve read on here. Nice work.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh cry me a river. If the Ti-Cats did those things you'd give them props for being "intense" and "getting the crowd fired up" Admit it, a bunch of American NFL coaches came in here with an overturned roster and kicked the snot out of us on our own field, and a bunch of seasons CFL coaches.

It's embarrassing, the team should just fold. I feel bad for Bob Young, shelling out millions of dollars for a piece of crap team.

Yup I agree . If it was the Ti-Cats celebrating after plays and winning the game NOONE on this board would be saying anything ...

Of course we would Argo fan.

Because there is no room for that type of crap in professional sports.

Arland Bruce is a classless jerk. Accept it.

I call BS on that. I have no issue with a small TD celebration. What Bruce did (and has done more than once now) goes WAY beyond the scope of what is considered an acceptable celebrations. If one of our guys did that (costing us an unnecssary penalty) I'd be really pissed off.

What was Bruce doing??
A tribute to the "King of Perv", come on not a good message to send to young people.

I am not an Argo fan ... Noone complains when hamilton wins ... oh wait that doesn't happen anymore hahaha .. I've been a Ti-Cat fan for many many years. IS that your way of whining and crying about it?
it may not of been the best of celebrations .. well 1 of em anyways .. but the first post was about all the CELEBRATIONS ... instead of whining about it go bitch to the cats and whine about them getting better and maybe winning more than 4 games

Drew Edwards' latest entry on his Scratching Post blog notes that the story about the Arland Bruce III stunt last night has been picked up by CNN/Sports Illustrated and ESPN. Here is the link to the Associated Press story posted on cnnsi.com:

[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/07/02/cfl.ap/index.html]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html[/url]

Good!..I hope Michael Jackson’s surviving family and friends takes Arland Bruce to the mat on this. That was sooooooo ignorant!

Raghib Ismael was no better either when he was in the CFL…

The tribute was to himself - a self absorbed little snot. I wait the day to see him splayed on the turf after someone hammers him.

“I made the mistake of telling him in camp that once he got to the end zone, I didn’t care what he did,” coach Bart Andrus said.

Huge mistake by coach!..you never, ever set the rules for an individual player…you set TEAM RULES!

Yes, Andrus got the win, and congrats for that, but he needs to know these moronic NFL rejects should not get preferential treatment here in Canada…in retrospect, Ricky Williams totally respected and admired the CFL…and talks good about us to this day…he respected the “code” and appreciated, in a humble way, his chance we gave him…he’s a real man and a great football player…

When I first saw him doing the little stunt, I thought he was trying to get across that it was so easy to score on us, that he could've done it dead.

I posted this as a reply to Drew Edwards' link, but I will also post here. I heard Andrus on the Fan590 this morning, and he said that Bruce "knows what he did is unacceptable." He added that his own thoughts about celebrations is that "if you need to celebrate, do so within the confines of the rules."

I also think that some of our players need to learn that it is not acceptable to celebrate (a first down, or a tackle, for example), when his team is losing by a good margin. It is better to give the impression that your good play is commonplace, and that you've been there before. I do feel that there is a time and place for a celebration, however, i.e. if the team is mounting a good comeback, and a celebration might get the juices flowing even more.

I have felt for a long time that the touchdown should be taken back, the team forced to kick off from their 15; the player(s) ejected for the rest of the game and $$$$ to be paid.

There are a few more of these dirtbags, maybe they would get the point.

Alternatively the other team could form a gauntlet, no holds barred on the jerks for instant justice.

A fine means nothing to this clown. Should have been a suspension. His teammates will all pitch in to may the $1.39 fine that the CFL probably gave him since most of them applaud this kind of lunacy.

A stort on cnnsi?? Wonderful that will just feed that egomaniacs already huge ego. Plays right into his hands. What a tool.