Argos want what TFC has (Article)

But as I say, MLS has just 3 team in Canada with nothing more on the horizon here in Canada with more teams. Looks like that will be it for a long time. The Argos are in a much larger Canadian pool with 9 teams and they don't have to depend as much on Toronto per se than what TFC has to rely on Toronto.

I never watch MLS games because they simply aren't available (AFAIK) on TV or the web in the S.F. Bay Area, even with the San José Earthquakes as our supposed local team. However, I do watch FC Edmonton NASL games from time to time (because I can), and I find them passively enjoyable :-|.

It will just never be as interesting as the CFL, no matter which league it is.

It’s fun because they are the best team in the League. If they weren’t, it would be awfully boring.

These are of course silly comments with nothing substantive to back them up. TFC has shown growth in their revenues over the course of the past few years. Their TV numbers have nearly doubled from the past 2 years. Are those tv numbers still small? Sure, but they have GROWN! You have to start somewhere.

Their revenue has doubled from just a few years ago. The american tv deal has doubled from a few years ago. The jersey deal with Adidas has more than tripled the previous deal. Sorry, if you can’t see the growth by doing a little searching on the interwebs I can’t help you.

The problem with TFC and MLS is it doesn't do anything to properly grow soccer in this country . We would be better off with our own CPL . Even the US lost out in the World Cup entry with more participation .

The atmosphere at TFC games and fan fervour is what the Argos want but as I said before TFC is MLSE and they cross market all the time with a strangle hold in Corporate support . Yes I would love that the Argos of the CFL be owned by MLSE .

Ohhhh the tv numbers have doubled. Yeah from 20000 per game to 40000. That is still pathetic, especially for a team that was first place in their league. What happens to that “great” tv numbers when they miss the play-off again?? Other than the fans in the stands in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, it shows that the rest of the country doesn’t care about M(inor)LS!