Argos voted # 1 most entertaining team in T.0

Best "BANG" for your buck in "Sports" entertainment in Toronto today....well at least top 5....$12.00 advance & $15.00 at the door,kids age 7 and under..FREE Admission !!! Get yer Tickets Today...HOT ! HOT ! HOT ! Don't ya dare miss it :rockin: :roll: :rockin: :roll: :rockin: :cowboy: Real Women !! Real Hits !! Real Heart !! Real Entertainment !! :thup:

Now if we could only get the ARGOS to promote and advertise like this, maybe just maybe they might get some fans coming out and spending their hard earned cash on attending a football game or two....you never know....one day they might be as popular in the city as Women's Roller derby apparently are. :roll: :wink: :cowboy:

If the Argos promote like that then I guess they should try and recruit the Gliebermans as new owners. :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

Yes, because the Redpatch Boys got in on the action when they saw the Poll and are promoting everyone to vote hate on the Argos

what scientifically poll’s are you talking Pat, because below is the reall Augus Reid Poll. Which contradicts most if not all of what you say. According to real data Pat, the so called Huge NFL following in ONT is only slightly biger then the ONT CFL following. Also BC perfers the CFL over the NFL by 2 to 1. Yet on here people were trying to say how Settle is now the second team in BC, because of all the Hats around town. Give me break, here are the real facts. Yes i know Pat, very few of your freinds talk CFL, so no one must follow the league

Angus Reid released a national sports survey conducted last week. Here are some of the pertinent results:

CFL versus NFL:

Canadians are patriotic about their pigskin preferences, with two in five (44%) who watch both the US and Canadian leagues saying they prefer the CFL over the NFL (29%). British Columbians prefer the Canadian league over its US counterpart two to one. That ratio climbs to four to one in Alberta and Manitoba, and to five to one in Saskatchewan. Central and Eastern Canadians are more tepid. Ontarians prefer the NFL slightly more than the CFL. Quebecers prefer the CFL slightly more than the NFL. And in Atlantic Canada, the tables turn altogether, with respondents on the east coast choosing the NFL two to one over the CFL.

Thinking about professional football, which of these two leagues do you prefer?

…Nat – BC – AB – SK – MB – ON - PQ – ATL
CFL…44% - 50% - 62% - 77% - 67% - 32% - 43% - 24%
NFL…29% - 25% - 16% - 13% - 15% - 35% - 32% - 42%
Both…27% - 25% - 21% - 10% - 18% - 32% - 25% - 34%

Come on flutie, you really think the Red Patchers are that desperate to do something like that? :wink:

Flutie - we are talking about the attitude of sports fans IN TORONTO - and the scientific polls I talk about I've represented accurately and correctly results from GTA respondents in those scientifically conducted polls. We are not talking about the attitude of people living in Atlantic Canada or BC. This is a Toronto area poll we are talking about.

And gee Bungle - I wish the only games I went to in Toronto were the 'big ones'. Yes I've been fortunate enough to be at some 'big' games and yes most of the games I have gone to in Toronto the last 2.5 years since I moved back to Hamilton to take care of my Mom have been on weekends because of the difficulty finding weekday coverage to take care of my Mom.

But even since moving back here I have still been to a few weeknight Raptors and Jays games against teams not called Yankees or Red Sox. When I lived in Toronto and was going to about a game a week in whatever sports were in season at least half were weeknight games and were not the 'big' games you refer to. I've lost count of how often I've seen Tampa Bay, the Indians, Orioles, and A's play the Jays or how often I've seen teams like the Pacers, Pistons, Suns, Bucks, Nuggets or Nets play the Raptors, or Als, Lions or Bombers and not just the Ti-Cats play the Argos.

Just to follow up on my last post. Here are the results of the scientifically conducted poll - which is among those that show the CFL as # 4 in Toronto - just like I said.

Here are the Toronto Poll results released from 2013 (and since then Raptors popularity I suspect will have increased those following the NBA and I would not be shocked if the CFL numbers have dropped a point or two IN TORONTO because of the struggles of the Argos on and off the field since November 2013 - a year after the Argos had won the Grey Cup and a year in which they finished first in the East.)

Which sports do you follow closely or fairly closely - http://www.reginaldbibby.com/images/PRO ... 1_2013.pdf

Toronto - NHL - 48% MLB - 32% NFL - 30% CFL - 22% NBA - 13% MLS - 9%

Oh come on Pat... You never went ot a single World Junior game, but were sittin there for the final.... You are a big game whore... :slight_smile:
hahaha... jk, obviously

I am actually surprised the CFL and the Argos continue to do so well in this wannabe US only sport mentality of a city.

LOL - Bungle. Actually I went to four World Junior games including the bronze medal game and the final. Before that I had gone to two of the round robin games in Toronto - the Denmark - Russia game and the Sweden - Czech game. So not all big games. :slight_smile:

Pat
Even with that Poll staring you in the face. If someone from T.O said i think the NBA and MLS is more popular then the CFL, you would agree. You would not say NO, here look at this poll

Honestly Flutie. I would probably answer that by saying that the NBA and MLS might be more popular among the people that really matter right now even if in total numbers the CFL is higher as per those poll numbers. Those numbers show that whoever ends up buying the Argos has a reasonable base to build on. That is why I said in my earlier post I think the Argos may be OK once they get into BMO particularly if MLSE owns them.

They know how to build up a sports brand and generate buzz and ticket sales among the under 40 crowd. And because of that they attract the accompanying big dollar sponsorships that target that popular with advertisers demographic.

The problem the Argos face right now and have faced for much of the last 20 years in Toronto is that they are not popular enough among the people that REALLY matter in Toronto in terms of helping make a sports franchise viable and successful.

That 22% follow the league in Toronto is great - but not nearly enough of that 22% are buying tickets (and the CFL is still primarily a gate driven league). The other issue is that apparently the numbers just aren't there right now among the younger demographics in the city that make up the more popular target markets for big spending high profile marketers like beer companies. The CFL has almost zero 'cool' factor in Toronto - and that is a MAJOR problem whether some here care to admit that or not.

Nothing quite like going into almost any sports bar in downtown Toronto all year long and almost always being blitzed with promotional material either NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA or even soccer related but almost never seeing anything Argos or CFL related because the league doesn't have a beer sponsor. Or walk into any sports store or sports section of department stores and see tons of jerseys and baseball hats and t-shirts and hoodies for every other Toronto team and every sports league including NCAA team but almost never finding anything Argos or CFL related or at best one small rack buried in the midst of hundreds of other team's stuff. The reason - floor space is given to the stuff that sells.

That IS the reality in Toronto and has been for years and that is why the team has lost tens of millions of dollars over the last 20 years. It's great that 22% 'follow' the CFL and the Argos in Toronto. But 'following' alone doesn't pay the bills.

And I guess the reality is that's why there aren't many people interested in owning the Argos even at rock bottom prices. Along with no football stadium to play in of course. :wink:

I find that hard to believe. And if it were true why can't the biggest city in Canada get more than 17,000 fans to show up at a game? Even though it costs less than every other sport in Toronto to go to.

I guess it’s true, that was the result of the poll.

Unlike most other football markets in North America, the Argos don’t adhere to their league’s blackout policy and have televised every home game in Toronto for the past 30 years or more…regardless of attendance. The CFL is a great game on TV and Toronto fans know that.

The CFL combines a faster version of full contact smack 'em American football with a bit of basketball thrown in and a touch of wrestling and MMA. You're damn right it's the best entertainment package for my buck and no stupid "I didn't like that hit in hockey so I'm going to fight you" aka Bertuzzie Moore crap. Football is a pure contact sport, no stick to wield around like a sword, and the play stops when your man goes down by contact, or out of bounds. It's just the best sport around. And of course with a super long history in both the US and Canada.

What do the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, Toronto Rock, Toronto Blue Jays, and Toronto Argonauts, all have in common besides being Toronto teams?

Answer. . .

None of them can play hockey.

:thup:

I think the argos could field a team.