Argos @ Tiger-Cats

I'm 100% in agreement . Is Jake still in the command centre ? We was robbed by the zebras !
The Cats deserved better . Ja'Gared should have been the hero of the game but for some pencil neck in Toronto at the command centre . * Tom Vallesi, the referee , did not make the call .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

1 Like

Toronto took a basement team and through free agency managed to build a team as good (possibly better) as ours in 1 offseason.

And there's people wondering why there's frustration in this fanbase.

5 Likes

This

And now Davis gets fined for the non-helmet-2-helmet! What a joke!

2 Likes

Back-to-back posts ...

You guys are awesome! :+1:

You're trying to insult us, but one of those posts were sarcastic.

It's called context. Ticats fans (you know the people that frequent the Ticats forum) have the context to these messages.

Why you're going back through a game thread from almost a week ago to point this out is more than interesting.

3 Likes

What makes you think I'm trying to insult you? It was just funny. :+1:

Sure..it was "funny" that one fan said one thing and in a back to back post another fan said something that would contradict the first. "You guys" is directed at our fanbase being "funny".

As I said, in context it makes perfect sense and isn't funny at all.

If I said "rider fans are funny. They dump manure on players lawns". Is it an insult?

1 Like

You missed the point. I wasn't laughing at you. I was laughing with you ...

Nobody here was laughing at two posts (that we had the context about) from a game thread from 4 days ago. We all knew that one was truth, one was sarcasm.

2 Likes

These fans of other teams that post here are really like drunks that crash a party. Nobody invited them, nobody wants to interact much with them, but they won't leave no matter how obnoxious they are and yet think they're somehow funny and/or "laughing with us".

But they're not trolls, no. Heavens no. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Looked like a clean football hit to me. Davis was upright an first made contact with MBT’s body and right arm. Just after he threw. His momentum carried him through and I think it’s likely his face mask knocked against Thompson’s because of the timing and force of the hit. Pretty hard for him to avoid and incidental helmet contact. I don’t see him dropping his helmet into him from the still shot below.

5 Likes

It was a horrible call and now a horrible fine.
The League just trying to unjustly justify that horrible video replay call of RTP

5 Likes

What this will lead to is a defender just putting their heads down and actually committing a penalty if there is any possibility of coming close to what Davis was fined for. Pathetic call by the CFL.

1 Like

Can players appeal their fines or they just have to shut up and pay?

That about sums it up. Double down on the bad call rather than apologizing.

4 Likes

The are RTP penalties every week. I wonder what was so egregious about this one that resulted in a fine, while many others do not? I take some types of RTP infractions (presumably helmet-to-helmet) are worse than others.

1 Like

Davis talked back and he's not allowed to do that.

Easy answer to your question : It was against Toronto .

2 Likes

And a Hamilton player did it.

3 Likes