Argos/Ti-Cats Game Day

Argos up 20-7. Argos O is playing pretty good, but the Ti-Cat D seems to be settling down finally.

Argos special teams suck though, from what I've seen so far, the Argos haven't gotten anything on returns yet.

Ti-Cat D has gotten at least 2 sacks already, though one was nullified due to a unnecessary roughness penalty.

the Cats need to get better on defense.

Eyesore Wynn stadium is looking especially awful tonight. Especially with the empty seats. This Ticats franchise has gone stale.
They need a new stadium, and a new team.

They need to figure out how to stop Johnson, man, that guy can run!

Ticats don't look very good at all, especially on offense.

Man, how about Robertson and Joseph tonight? The Argos look good, granted its against the newly-installed Greg Marshall's defense. Hamilton sure doesn't look impressive at all.

Same Old Ti-Cats, can't put lipstick on a kitty.

I was expecting better out of the Ti-Cat offensive line. 6 sacks given up is too many. I know it's not a group that have been together, but the talent they have should have performed better. Nick Setta had a terrible game as well.

The running game losing all their running backs isn't a good sign either.

Nowhere to go from here but up ... I guess.

Setta is injured

Losing a RB on every play does kinda take the wind out

I don't know Half.
A half empty stadium for the home opener against a supposed hated rival. Didn't look too good.
Plus the crowd sounded dead.
Compared to what I'm seeing right now in Calgary.
Gives Hamilton a bad name as a sports town.
I mean how much are seats. 40 bucks?
At least sellout the home opener for cripes sakes.
If we had a decent stadium here in London, I would say move them here.
Gauranteed sellouts every game.
But lets call a spade a spade.
Your franchise desperately needs a new coat of paint.

RAIN does have a weird way of hampering a walkup crowd
Is is RAINING in CALGARY right now??
Does ticket prices matter here?
RAIN has a way of hampering a home opener ANYWHERE
At least we HAVE a Stadium… oh AND a team

Uh, the attendance was 23, 000+. IWS holds 28000. You must have failed math class when you were in school because that is more then half. It was more than half full trust me. Even the 23000 announced attendance seemed low.

I was at the game. The rain came at about 8:00 and some people went down to the concourse to watch the game. This is why it looked like less on TV.

And it was loud. Trust me.

Then again, I guess we can’t compare Hamilton’s loudness to the :roll: :roll: :roll: enthusiastic :roll: :roll: :roll: crowds they get every game in Toronto’s beautiful Skydome. Talk about a stale stadium. No atmosphere. Big frills, little substance. :thdn:

what is wrong with Bellef whatever..?

he leaves Porter in there and didn't bring Glenn in at all? like is he an idiot?

Hate to say it, but the Cats aren’t going to win with that coach. He seems wishy-washy and is always fidgeting with his headset. Not letting the QB’s know who is starting until gametime is suspect. It is one thing to try to fool your opponents, but it’s another fooling your own QB’s. Wally Buono used the same tactic of not naming a starter in BC (with DD and Printers) and later admitted it was a mistake not naming a starter as it hurt their game preparation.

I don’t know if, after week 1, anybody would have guessed that Hamilton would have the same record as Calgary.

Reports are coming that the league may hand down disciplinary action ( again ) against Arland Bruce for his antics.

Toronto could have some troubles brewing if it turns out to be a suspension.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=283527
TORONTO - The CFL may not be all that thrilled with Arland Bruce's tribute to Michael Jackson in the Argos' 30-17 win in Hamilton.

The league is reviewing the Toronto receiver’s TD celebration Wednesday night.

After scoring on a 21-yard pass from Kerry Joseph to put Toronto ahead 6-0, Bruce removed his helmet, shoulder pads and uniform top and laid down in the end zone. Bruce said he was simply honouring the memory of Michael Jackson by pretending to be buried.

Bruce received two objectionable conduct penalties.

“I made the mistake of telling him in camp that once he got to the end zone I didn’t care what he did,” Toronto coach Bart Andrus said later. “But he’s straight with it now and I think next time around he will celebrate in an appropriate manner.”

They gave him two misconducts in the game. What more can they do? It was a dumb celebration. Move on. If the league suspends him for this but not Murphy for his garbage last season, then they're going to have a bit of a credibility problem.

I just have to respond to this ridiculous post.

Why should the Ti-Cats have yanked Quinton Porter? For throwing two picks? It happens. Look at the stats: He was 26 of 40 (65%) for 229 yards, 2 TDs, and 2 INTs, and he rushed for 62 yards. Not a bad game. Look at Kerry Joseph’s stats: He was 14 of 29 (48%) for 227, and 3 TDs, and he rushed for only 1 yard. So Porter had the better completion percentage, and more passing and rushing yards, and you wanted the Ti-Cats to yank him?

Even look at Henry Burris’ numbers. At one point he was 9 of 17 (53%). He finished the game 17 of 33 (52%) for 247 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. Should the Stamps have yanked him?

As bad as Marcel may be, I’m glad the Ti-Cats have him as their HC and not you.

Cflisthebest claim to have done just about everything in football–but I’m not sure what he was doing because he wasn’t paying attention as to how the game is played. I thought Porter was a bright spot for the Cats, pulling him would have been the worst decision that MB could have made last night.