Argos/Ti-Cats Exhibition in Halifax

Anyone from NS who's looking forward to the exhibition game in Halifax this June? I'm really excited to see this game. I haven't been to a CFL game in a long long time. I hope this is a big step to us eventually landing a franchise.

Hey Kanga....None of the Satallites companies get you TSN? TSN is covering the exhibition game.

BruceM, I hope you guys get a team soon. We've had past posts in the old CFL Huddle where everyone suggested names. After a bit more research I'd like to see the team called the Maritime (or Halifax) Jack-Tars which of course means a person engaged in sailing or working on a ship. As in Mariner, Navigator, Sailor. I also like Sea Dogs.

What would you like to call the team?

This is what the CFL needs to do if they want the game to get better and add a tenth team. Games like this need to be made as an event I thought the Q.C and London exhibition games were poorly marketed. If a city is going to get a 10th franchise in Canada then there nees to be hype big crowds mean money. If there's money to be made there will be owners trying to bring a team or leagues struggling for owner interest.

This is what the CFL needs to do if they want the game to get better and add a tenth team. Games like this need to be made as an event I thought the Q.C and London exhibition games were poorly marketed. If a city is going to get a 10th franchise in Canada then there needs to be hype big crowds mean money. If there's money to be made there will be owners trying to bring a team or leagues struggling for owner interest.

oops excuse the double post :oops:

I'm thinking of going to the game actually... I've always meant to go down east.

Take a few days off to appreciate the place while you're there. Halifax is a beauty, especially during summer.

Tickets went on sale today...hopefully they'll sell out fast but not before I get one!!

Sounds like you'd better get yours quick. They're nearly sold out already, which is great. I went to school in Halifax and I'd love to see them get a team.

I got my tickits. I got endzone seats. and yes I hope we(halifax)gets a team.

The CFL game in Halifax will be tremendous…2 months to go…a great kick-off to the 2005 season!
It is just a matter of time that the Maritimes get their own team…bring it on!
Enjoy!

I’m just curious to see how many people going to the game are from the maritime area compared to Canadians travelling out to see the game. :wink:

tickets are crazy high-priced

It's great the game is selling out this quickly. I bet TSN's TV ratings will be huge. I can't wait for a future East / West coast labour day classic. Every labour day the Leos have to sit it out. I think when Halifax joins the league in a couple of years they will bring Flutie, McManus and Allen out of retirement. They'll stand on the sidelines dressed in Pirate gear waving their hooks at the opposing team shouting Arrrrr...surrender ye sissies or shark meat ye will surely be. Now that's a scary sight! :evil:

Got my ticket today. Apparantly there's less than 1000 left (this after 3 days of sales)

Great news for Halifax. That city HAD to show the CFL how football hungry it is. The quickness with whom the tickets go may at some extent help someone find funding to build an appropriate stadium there (which has always been the problem).

I promise I'll travel to go see the Halifax club when it comes to life.

I really hope this works out for Halifax. It would be really exciting to see a 10th team in the league, not to mention stretching the league from coast to coast as many have said before. I don't even want to get into where to go from there, the obvious choice for an 11th is Quebec City but will this leave fans wanting 12 for an even number? I think Quebec City is the last market you could tap into for a reasonable fan-base.

It has been 10 years.
TD Atlantic a roaring success or no?

I think it was, unfortunately the mayor of Halifax at the time was not interested. So it was a success as far as an event but as far as building the brand it died in the egg.