Argos Start a Good Idea

The toronto argonauts announced that they will have a weekly tv show, great from a marketing prespective i think the cats should do the same thing, especially in south ontario where nfl controls the cable stations for the most part

The cats used to have a weekly show on cable 14.

There is also a weekly readio show on Monday nites. The Cats are way ahead of the Argos.

The Argos just a couple years ago, I remember, had "Argos this Week"...was pretty good. Usually it was a sideline view of the game and Pinball's half-time and pre-game speeches. Was pretty cool, actually. Was really well done, I thought.

The Ticats have Shows on CHCH Back in 80's
There was sports Scope that did alot story on the Ticats till CH Killed it last year.
They done shows on Cable Access Stations as well
The Problem with show else where is have to buy the air Time and more Informerical Then.

I saw the ad for the Argo show on TV last night, looks like a great idea. I live in OTTAWA and we are going to get to see this show every week on Sun TV channel 144, it will be broadcast across the province.

If the Ticats have their show on local cable the only people that see it will be the people that get the local cable feed, Hamilton only!!

I've been pretty impressed with the stuff found on TicatsTV here on the website. Personally, I'm okay with that...but, would be cool to run into a Ticat show on the tube, I guess. Production costs are bloody high for that kinda stuff, though.

Since Ch TV has been granted a one year stay of execution along with 4 other TV stations, it would behoove
Can West to allow a half hour Tiger Cat show once a week to catch fans up with the latest football news as it applies particularly to southern Ontario.

I realize that Ticat Television does a good job, but they have a very low viewing audience compared to regular cable TV.

Want to sell the sport? Advertise it!

I'd have to agree with everything here with maybe the exception of....behoove????? lol

I'd like to see a weekly, half-hour reality show chronicling Jim Balsillie's attempts to bring another NHL team to Ontario. We could safely schedule that one for three to five seasons.

Isn't the title of this thread an oxy moron?

by mikem on Wed May 27, 2009 9:56 am

I saw the ad for the Argo show on TV last night, looks like a great idea. I live in OTTAWA and we are going to get to see this show every week on Sun TV channel 144, it will be broadcast across the province.

If the Ticats have their show on local cable the only people that see it will be the people that get the local cable feed, Hamilton only!!

Good to see this happening, the Argos going Province wide.

But the Argos are Ontario's team. Right? :slight_smile: