Argo's/Stamps trade

OH YEAH!Simon vs. Bruce, Johnson vs. Baggs, Robertson vs. Cobourne, what a match that would be.GO CATS GO

Huff has said he’s going to give Reggie a shot at QB. That would make the trade a little more even if McNeal ends up playing QB again, in fact if he can play QB like he did at Texas A & M he will be a steal.
But McNeal as a receiver, you have to give the Argos the better of this trade right now. Hufnagel is a shewd football guy who seems to have an eye for talent. Much like Wally Buono, who trained him.

Thats interesting news DoubleBlue.
I never saw McNeal play QB…what was he like?

his QB style was very CFL compatable. I always thought Toronto picked him up as a QB because K.J. didnt have much for Backups. I am guessing it was his speed that he was used as a wideout.

....Sam and Robede have both been cut by the argos...

So Barker traded two players to Calgary for, in the final analysis, nothing whatsoever.

He also traded a first round draft pick for damaged goods in Steven Jyles who looks like he will start the season on the 9 game injured list.

Not a good trading record. . .

well there was a clause in the trade that stated if he didn’t play so many games the argos dont have to give up a second pick.

and there is always the chance he didn’t see any potential in the two guys he traded

The Jyles trade is unfortunate. The other one... ugh. It always annoys me when a team releases a player it traded for. And it's not like Toronto can afford to turn away receivers. :roll:

Such deals are puzzling for sure Chief. My favourite example is from a few seasons back, in the offseason Montreal traded safety Richard Karikari to Toronto for returner Keith Stokes. Before training camps even opened, Toronto released Karikari and Montreal released Stokes. So what was the point of that trade in the first place, you ask? I have no idea.

Nah, I think the Esks will squeak into the playoffs at least once in 5 years.

Steven Jyles for Jade Etienne isn't a bad trade.
There's no guarantee Etienne does anything.

As for this trade, PK Sam has had 3 cups of coffee with argos and still can't make what surely is the most unknown group of receivers in the league. If that's not an indictment on him, I don't know what is.

well hopefully it doesn’t mean Sam is useless it just means the unknown recievers in Toronto are better than expected.

Yeah I think it’s a combination of both.
Looking forward to see what Spencer Watt does this year.

Thus it could be true and may happen: Edmonton vs Winnipeg - The 2013 Grey Cup Game in Winnipeg :cowboy:

If you’re talking about the Jyles trade the Bombers will still get at least a 4th round pick in the 2012 draft in that deal. The condition was if Jyles played in 9 or more games that the pick would become a 2nd round pick instead of a 4th round pick.

Well, for a guy with a bum shoulder who looks like he'll start the year on the 9 game injured list, I still think a first rounder and a fourth rounder is too high a price to have paid (regardless of whom the Bombers selected or will select with those picks). The more I think about it, the worse I think the deal is from a Toronto standpoint. And the better it looks from a Winnipeg standpoint. . . some Bomber fans were concerned with only having Brink and Elliot as backups to an injury-prone Pierce, but that's what they'd have even if they didn't trade Jyles, since it looks like Jyles isn't ready to go.

That I agree with. I wouldn’t have given up two picks for him.

I recall that trade.

This isn’t so much a trade-and-release move, but it’s still one that makes me angry. An Eskimo (was it McGrath?) signed with Saskatchewan as a FA, but then cried about wanting to go back to Edmonton, so we traded for him. I believe we ended up releasing him later and he signed with BC. I think that deserves a spot in the top 5 dumbest moves in the history of the league.

yes, which is why i said they wont have to give up a second pick…

Some Bomber fans? It seems to me that the Bomber fans posting here were defending the trade and pointing out that Jyles’ shoulder was a huge question mark while fans of other teams were calling the trade a steal for the Argos, yada yada yada. Based on what I’ve seen posted at Bomber forums, the majority supported the trade at the time it was made.

Which would have been much more clear if you had included the word “round” in your statement since the Argos are giving up another draft pick regardless of what happens with Jyles.

Yes.

“Some”.

Not “all”.

Not “most.”