Argos stadium?

I'd love to see the CFL setting up shop in London. I think it would work in that city and it may just help stimulate more CFL interest in the rest of Southern Ontario. Although the Toronto and Hamilton rivalry is a great one it would be nice to see a few new ones as well. It would be nice to see Ontario CFL teams in Toronto, Hamilton Ottawa and London. If there were 4 healthy CFL teams in Ontario the league would be rock solid. Who could be possible owners for a franchise in London? Too bad Jim Balsillie can't seem to see past the NHL and become involved in the CFL. If he put as much effort into his own CFL team as he has in trying to lure 3 NHL teams to Hamilton i'm sure it would be a success. Perhaps he is just not a football fan...pity.

Hey berezin, my Dad worked for Labatt’s in London for around 35 years so I’ll try and get in touch with him and talk about it. But it might be hard, he’s taking a very long nap, RIP Dad, you were great. I used to play some high school games at Labatt’s, my high school CCH used to play some of our home games there back in the 70’s and at Gibbons Park. Labatt’s would be great but the site is small compared with TD Waterhouse, that’s where it should go, upgrade and add onto TD.

CCH? Booo! JPII all the way!

...Actually, I hated JPII. :lol:

i never realized we had a small group of posters from london.

myself
dmont
chief
berezin99

anyone else live in london?

we should all get together and watch some games this season.
bernies restaurant or any other place.

Berezin can you post any pictures of this stadium, what is the current capacity, how is parking concessions etc.
Is this a real possibility or pie in the sky amongst us?

Argotom.
It is a possiblilty.
It has capacity for around 8,000 right now.
There is lots of room to add more seats if configured correctly.
Only problem could be parking, but then again the JOhn Labatts Centre is right up the road and there is hardly
and parking problems there.

Problem is the people running this town wouldn’t dare convert it from anything but baseball.
Thats how archaic this city is.
The thing just sits there and is used once in awhile for the London Majors intercounty team.
The rest of the time its used by 10 year olds.
A total waste of land in my opinion.
I’ll try to get pictures for you. Right now you can’t get in because its locked up.

And btw.
Cudos to all the London posters!
Just further solidifies my theory that London would be a great CFL city!

I have long considered London the top CFL expansion city in Canada, for many, many reasons. The London market is so far superior to Moncton it isn’t funny…on any level you want to compare (other than Moncton has a 10,000 seat stadium.)

London is also a better site than Quebec and could probably give navel-gazing Ottawa a run for the money.

I believe the CFL has long ignored London as they feel it might reduce the Ti-Cats fan base, but the rivalry which would develop between the two cities would more than make up for any overlap in fan support. :thup:

In my opinion it wouldn't affect the Ticat fanbase one iota.
Just like the Kitchener Rangers don't affect the London Knights fan base.
I agree it would create huge rivalries.
The people running this city and the people with money in this city are small time

Another reason why maybe the CFL going down the tubes could be good, then cities like London, Kitchener and so many more don't have to worry about a pro team and paying salaries and building a bigger stadium they would all be in the hunt for the Grey Cup each year.

I guess I better watch what I wish for, or say I wish for at any rate. :wink:

And it would solve the problem of no Canadian qb's not playing in the Grey Cup. :wink:

Thanks berezin,
It sounds how there is absolutely no political will in London just like the anal politicians in Halifax.
Save and except for the hockey pucks in each city.