Argos sign ex-NFL receiver David Boston

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=235384&lid=sublink05&lpos=headlines_main]http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=235384& ... lines_main[/url]

These are the type of guys we need to sign, players who are extremely talented but spit out of the NFL system due to politics and the ridiculous number of rookies each team keeps each year.

Yeah the guys with DUI’s, steriod suspensions, multiple knee injuries.

STUD WR if healthy and clean.

Could be the best EVER to come to the CFL.
Usually when somthing seems too good to be true.......it is
If this guy could not catch on anywhere in the NFL he is either not healthy or a bad dude. He is that talented.
Good for the Argos if this guy is OK.
Look out DBs because this guy is a mountain of a man!
But......
Steroids, GBH, suspended for bad behavior by San Diego, 4 NFL teams got rid of him, suspended for steroids, missed 3 seasons due to knee injuries arrested for a domestic dispute.
Good luck.....you will need it!

Just like Zeke Moreno eh?

Drexl,
Politics had nothing to do with his not having a job in the NFL. Declining production, serious injuries that slowed him, poor conditioning, and a slew of off field problems...those are the problems.

You can always count on the Blue Team to bring in the players to make the CFL look like the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chance league.

We DO NOT! need players like this on our team, I don't care how good the player might be I don't want guys who have a history of bad news. Don't get me wrong I think everyone deserves a second chance but come on! How can the CFL allow these players 3rd and 4th chances like Rickey Williams and Boston what makes you believe they will want to change their ways if they keep messing up and getting the whole"It's alright if the NFL doesn't want you the CFL is always open to drug abusers and other off field offenders"

So like I said only the Blue Team will sacrifice good clean football just to get that extra win or two. I hope Boston has the same showing as Williams in our league!

What A Joke!

I'm a fan of the Cards, and loved watching him in Arizona. He fell on some rough times, but hopefully he can bounce back. Obviously his track record isn't the greatest, with the DUI and I think steroids as well, but he seems to be very optimistic and happy to come here.

I retract.......it's been accused that he's done steroids, but nothing yet proven.

Take a look at the NFL. It has such a huge talent pool to draw from, that one slip up by a player means adios. Teams can afford to take the best out of players, then dump them as soon as numbers drop off. If a player is released by a team, it's basically a death knell. No other team would want to look like it's garbage picking. Lots of worthy players slip through the cracks this way

this guy has been out of football for years and was nothing special when he did play, he had one good year. this signing means nothing.

Ummm yes...Before the 2004 season, he tested positive for steroids and was ordered to serve a four-game suspension. Its been proven.

What does Zeke and DUI's, steriods, and knee injuries have anything to do with eachother???

Sounds typical of an Argo signing.

That organization is so hypocritical ... and they su*k.

We'll see on the field, won't we? LOL

The list of ex-NFLers with a rep ripping it up in Canada isn't a very long one, so forgive my bemusement. We shall see if Boston has anything in his tank in short order.

As for Ricky, he didn't have that bad a season if you brush aside the pre-hype to his arrival and his injury issues. He was the proverbial round-peg-in-the-square-hole in Kent Austin's offense, T.O. version. His year was LIGHT YEARS ahead of say, Anthony Davis in T.O. circa 1976.

Oski Wee Wee,

My mistake.......I only found an article stating it was a rumor. Didn't know it was proven, although I did think it was until I read it.

Ah well.

[quote="oski-oui-oui"]We'll see on the field, won't we? LOL

The list of ex-NFLers with a rep ripping it up in Canada isn't a very long one, so forgive my bemusement. We shall see if Boston has anything in his tank in short order.

As for Ricky, he didn't have that bad a season if you brush aside the pre-hype to his arrival and his injury issues. He was the proverbial round-peg-in-the-square-hole in Kent Austin's offense, T.O. version. His year was LIGHT YEARS ahead of say, Anthony Davis in T.O. circa 1976.

Umm, it was 76; and Williams was hardly "light years ahead" of Anthony Davis' production for the Argos - Ricky had 526 rushing yards and a 4.8 yds/carry average; AD had a little over 400 yards and also a sub-par for the CFL average/carry. They both did not live-up to the promise or hype - Davis was a star right out of college ball, Williams was an established top back in the NFL.

The Argos have been the CFL kings for sure though of chasing after all-american / NFL hero/superstars and thinking they would be the team savior. Going back to the days when they could compete with the NFL for top players till nowdays where a genius like Mohns signs any NFL reject or problem child he can find. Some great talents have been brought in by the Argos - Theismann, McQuay, Anthony Davis, Terry Metcalf, Bruce Clark, Rocket Ismail, Ricky Williams, to name a few of the most famous ones, with tons of other ex-NFLers and some name US college stars - with mixed results and often some flat out busts/bombs.

I hope Boston has his head on straight and really wants to play in the CFL - we shall see. Like to see the Argos get somebody with a clue in other areas of scouting (like the draft) rather than this constant search for the all-american NFL savior as their main recruiting plan, but not gonna change with the people they have running the football personnel department - wannabe deluxe types.

Whoever has been in charge of re-stocking the Argos defence over the past 6 or 7 years - I would gladly bring them to the Cats over whoever our guys are. On this board we used to whine about how they pilfered most of their D from us. But last I looked, Argos still had the #1 defence with nary an Ivory, Adrion Smith or Montford among them.

The Argos haven't gone the all-american hero savior route on the defensive side of the ball - they save that for the glory/skill positions on offence.

The Argos D has a bunch of veterans who have led the way - O'Shea, Steinauer, Eiben, Fletcher; they have added some good players in "re-stocking" - Wheaton, Jonathan Brown, Riall Johnson all came with some NFL experience but were hardly names there. Parker and Younger were great young finds on D. I think Stubler deserves a lot of credit for the D he ran there; we'll see how he does as a HC now - last year's CFL MOP at QB plus a genuine (former) NFL superstar at receiver - look out rest of CFL. :roll:

8) Exactly !!! Just another typical Argo signing, trying to get their fans to believe they have got some big NFL star receiver !!!! What a laugh !!!

Who cares who the double blue signed :thdn: We have MORE AIR MILES POINTS :thup: