Argos should play at BMO Field

Lamport is not big enough to fit a CFL field. In the 90’s a semi pro team (Toronto Raiders which then became Toronto Athletics) played out of Lamport in an American League based out of NY state and Pennsilvania. Strictly American rules on an American field. Some pretty good players played for that team, including former CIS QB (Bishop’s) Silvio Martel.

I think we are all just starved for news. Any news.

Here’s some news and it looks like not everyone is for the Argos at BMO

http://www.noargosatbmo.ca/content/

And Leiweke says he will consult with TFC fans before making a decision on the Argos at BMO…

[url=http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto-fc-bmo-field-argos-tim-leiweke-cfl-mls/]http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto- ... e-cfl-mls/[/url]

One is a rallying cry and one is a year old. Again, something NEW would be a positive.

It's par for the course for the TFC fans to get all riled up over sharing a stadium as this just doesn't happen on planet Earth. It would be precedent setting and really put Toronto on the map! :stuck_out_tongue: Fun to watch actually. I hope they keep it up, some comic amusement during the cold winter months. :wink:

http://www.lordprice.co.uk/mm5/graphics/00000001/SPSC1013V,-Football-Comic,-.jpg

They also have started a hashtag on twitter if anyone is on twitter I have countered with our own hashtag. #YesArgosAtBMO

Good man. Unfortunately, I don’t tweet but I hope we get a lot of “hits”.

Exactly. They took taxpayer money based on a stadium plan that was designed to accommodate a Canadian football field, and then they didn’t follow through on it. Why should taxpayers pay more now to fix that failure?

They also have started a hashtag on twitter if anyone is on twitter I have countered with our own hashtag. #YesArgosAtBMO
Well done Ticats4life. :thup:

I agree that when BMO was built the Argo's should have been included to play there. Even if the owners at the time took the Rogers Deal the stadium should have remained capable of configuring for Canadian Football like THF and TD Place. Should have been written in the agreement with MLSE when the city leased Management rights to them. At the time there was no need to pour concrete in the end zones. The seating behind the goals should have been made to be removable if needed.
Now with the lease agreement as I understand it makes it no better than the RC lease.
Even if somehow the extra 10 million is acquired from somewhere MLSE still controls the dates for events.
It is pretty obvious that MLSE has bigger soccer event plans than just TFC.
Toronto is still a beautiful city, with a multicultural population, and is by far the biggest center of big time sports in Canada. As well as the biggest population.
Which will make it a very attractive destination to hold Concacaf events in a city outside the US. As well as the rich Euro club teams to make a destination during summer tours. Especially now that it will be expandable to 40K capacity.
The Mexican National Team already makes Toronto a regular stop at RC. where the capacity for soccer is 40K plus and they need to bring their own grass.

At the time there was no need to pour concrete in the end zones.
Ya think? So what should happen now cflsteve?

since when did the City of Toronto sell BMO to TFC?

[b]in lieu of the comments that Mayor Tory made on 1050 TSN Radio this morning, it’s time for us to let the mayor know that we don’t want to share OUR HOME with the Argos!

We want our voice heard now. We want our voice heard right from the start that we don’t want to lose the intimacy that BMO Field provides. We don’t want our stands to slide back and forth changing the sight lines of our game.
We don’t want blue – the colour of our biggest rivals, both in MLS and our National Team to wash over the Red of OUR STADIUM.[/b]

http://www.noargosatbmo.ca/content/

What did Tory say ?

Maybe all Argos fans should call up the creator and owner of this hate site and tell him he doesn’t own the stadium but do it eloquently and often :lol:

Chris Shiers
Registrant Organization: Christopher Shiers
Registrant Street: 118 Carpendale Cres
Registrant City: Ajax
Registrant State/Province: on
Registrant Postal Code: L1Z 2B5
Registrant Country: CA
Registrant Phone: +1.(647) 970-9692

Seeing as how this clown lives in Ajax... I find it pretty funny that someone that doesn't pay taxes in Toronto feels he has the right to tell the mayor what to do with a city owned facility.

Becareful what you say, some people will tell you that that concrete in the endzones was made as a “Cost Cutting” Measure, and point to one link as proof.

Those of us in the construction industry know what’s cheaper.

Not that it matters, provisions have already been made for the CFL Dressing rooms. As said before, they are righting a wrong as the facility was supposed to be built to support both to begin with.

I was going to ask but wasn’t sure if Ajax was part of Toronto.

a fantastic idea that needs to be bumped…so bump :smiley:

:thup:

A lot of people that live in Durham region (where Ajax is) consider it part of Toronto, but they are technically outside of Toronto. Their taxes are paid to the City of Ajax, just like mine are paid to the town of Markham.