Argos should get O'Shea in 2023

to be HC n GM - this should have been done when malinovich was coach
argos special teams was never better THAN when oshea was their coach

They asked O'Shea one day about Winnipeg's bone chilling cold, it's hellish heat, it's murderous mosquitos, not to mention this year's suffocating wild fire smoke... and he replied, "Yep, a man would be foolish to go somewhere else and leave all that behind."

He's crazy about living here. Come to think of it... we're all crazy. :grimacing:

1 Like

n his son is playing football at u of guelph
oshea won a cup w/ argos as a player n the won a cup as a special teams coach
n being born in ON he is canadian

he'd be perfect to start an argos dynasty n show leagues that argos take care of their own
great to unite him w/ eiben
have as many cdn born coaches as possible

1 Like

O'Shea already has a head coaching position, next gig will be GM.
Too much work babysitting grown men, O'Shea would spend half his time bailing out players, or taking blame for stupid $hit for all the spoiled Argo's childlike players do.

Pinball is more forgiving, that who you need.

1 Like

pinball should quit
he's far too busy going on tv shows to talk about jesus

Hearing Ed Hervey did not get an interview in Edmonton. Very disappointing imo.

Depending if Jones goes or not Hervey would be a good replacement for John Murphy. It would be a strong move for the Argos and could help the team.

Perhaps Ed has no friends in the league office.

i just hope that o'shea comes to argos n becomes gm n coach

I think he likes to work in a home stadium where there are butts in the seats.

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for.

Maybe Mike O'Shea will hire himself out as the CFL's 'Fixer' after he's finished building this dynasty here in Winnipeg. One day if you wish really really hard, he'll appear out of the mist in Toronto (wearing a mask to filter out the smog) like Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter. You'll go through tough times... almost lose patience... but in the end he'll whip the Argos into shape AND make the smallest guy in town your new sheriff.

1 Like

remember that oshea was born in and went to school in ontario
his son went to u of guelph too

1 Like

We didn't hold that against him. You shouldn't either. :grin:

2 Likes

worthy of a bump

If you do get O'shea in 2023 make sure it's written in his contract that he's obligated to shower and put a clean shirt on at least a couple of times per week. And if you don't actually give him new shirts and caps he'll just pull them out of the lost & found bin. :smile:

1 Like

all i care is that he wins cups

Yes!!!

Well he’s certainly be foolish to go to Toronto.

1 Like

I would say so. :grin:

I just read that you need an annual salary of $250,000.00 to buy a house there. Also... the gravity is stronger so you'll have a harder time getting out of bed. Then there's the question of how many Torontonians give a s*** about CFL Football(?)

O'Shea's appreciated for his genius here. That's got to count for something.

except he was and argo plater n coach and wonGC as both
born in ontario n he went to school in guelph

O'Shea is now up there with the old Bomber coaching legends - Cal Murphy, Ray Jauch, Mike Riley. Not quite at Bud Grant levels but moving closer all the time.
Yes, Winnipeg is seen as a joke on the international scene by media and former citizens alike.
If O'Shea has maxxed out at $300,000/anum he's doing fairly nicely given Wpg's cost of living, home prices, etc.
If Toronto can filch their coffers for $425,000 with a $250k signing bonus that might be enough to pluck Mikey O off the Bomber chart, especially if the contract is guaranteed for 5+ years.

Winnipeg can always resort to a softer style coach who doesn't focus on discipline like O'Shea. Lots of guys like Khari Jones, Dinwiddie, Benevides, Plop LaPolice should be available should Buck Pierce not accept the reins.