Argo's S*u*c*k Chant

how about using it in Ticats Ambush:

http://www.ticats.ca/media/video/id/4583

D'oh! You shouldn't have said that out loud. Bob reads the forums! Now they are going to fire Candice!!! :frowning:

I've got a gripe about the word "rocks" - e.g. "Lumsden rocks" or "our defence rocks".

Clearly this is derived from "rock and roll." And as most of us know, "rock and roll" was mid-20th century slang for fornication. How am I supposed to explain that to my 6 year old?

Thank goodness we are able to keep our children out of harm's way for most of the year in our schools, where, as we all know, profane words are never uttered.

That was good, and I had nothing to do with it.

Us Forbidden Guys have been doing a lot over the years to help Bob understand. Amazing what 2 wins can do.

I'm getting inspired to update the website. Just need the time.

My 2 cents on this issue

Chant your chant to you heart's content among yourselves
but be fair and respectful towards our opponent's fans.

Over the years, I have seen many angry confrontations
which were caused by some of our airhead fans
targeting a group of A*** fans with this beloved[?] chant.

I value all CFL fans, even A*** fans,
the CFL doesn't have enough of them.

lol - yes let's be polite and give a round of applause when the Argos score a touchdown. We may win more fans that way......NOT
Chant in their faces, taunt them this is professional footbal and a long rivalry. Its great for the league.

I am sure 'in-your-face verbal abuse
costs us Toronto fan ticket sales.

I know I stopped going to watch the Cats at the Skydome
because of the excessive verbal abuse we got
from just wearing our Tiger Cat hats and jackets.

and I believe the Box J boys stopped going as well.

They lost ticket buyers because of this

mikem said

Chant in their faces, taunt them
this is professional footbal and a long rivalry.

Its great for the league.

Catch up with the times, Mikem.

All the blood thirsty yahoos worth their salt
are screaming for blood at Ultimate Fighting matches.

Quite the contrary, I think.
I talk to quite a few Argos fans...and a number of them in between quarters/ half down at the game. They LOVE the atmosphere at Ivor Wynne. They come down here for that -- its something they don't get at SkyDome...normally.

They see it as a real football experience. As long as they aren't getting hotdogs thrown off their heads, or having their ears bitten off, they seem to think its great.

The enjoy the passion. One of the reasons why a number of them choose to sit in the endzone.

I must say of all the many good things that our owner Bob has done over his years in command, the taking a stand against our favorite chant is his worst.
Why pick this battle?
Why tell people what not to say?

Take it for what it is.
My 6 year old will use the word as slang all the time when he does not get his way.
“Oh boy, that really sucks” he says.
Am I a bad dad for not censoring that “S” word?

the word can be used
"To suck in "
To take advantage of; cheat; swindle.
Or to “suck up to somebody”

My 6 year old and I were part of the “you-know-what-chant” last game, and it was all in fun…and it was fun.

Censorship really sucks!!!

I must say of all the many good things that our owner Bob has done over his years in command, the taking a stand against our favorite chant is his worst. Why pick this battle?...

Censorship really ****!!!

Ever wonder why, if Mr. Young and his henchmen are so intent on censoring The Chant, threads like this one just sit here for days and days, for every one to see, undisturbed by the moderators.

Did you have any trouble deciphering the second word in the title of the thread? Me neither, and the moderators are likely twice as sharp as you and I put together.

This may be censorship, but it's the least heavy-handed example of censorship I've ever seen. It almost seems like it was just a ploy to get people talking about the Ticats, doesn't it?

Its always fun to see how far we can push this. Let's see how long this pic sticks?
I have so much new content, just not enough time.

http://www.argos-suck.com/images/celebs/celebs/images/obie.jpg