Argos 'Real' Home Opener vs. the winless Riders

You’re a real glass half full kinda guy eh?

I’m not so optimistic there will be more then 15k there, possibly left.

Even look at the seating map and consider that they don’t even sell the first 10 rows or so or any seats under the video board.

Onto the game.

I don’t see how the Riders can win this.

I expect a blowout I think, some firings next week.

Correction, they’re opening it now.

What’s your source on that?
I just checked the Argonauts website and they retweet from Mike Hogan that the roof is open tonight.

1991 John Gregory fired after 1-6 start (Game seven heads role)

The Seven game Itch ? Seventh Heaven ? Actually speaking of John Gregory how ironic it would be if in fact Chamblin does get the ax after this game.Flashback to 1989-Gregory wins Grey Cup,named Coach of the year, two years later team tanks to 1-6 Gregory gets fired.Flash forward to 2013-Chamblin wins Grey Cup,named Coach of the year ,two years later team tanks going at best after tonight 1-6 at worst 0-7 Chamblin possibly fired. Is it possible that history can repeat itself ? Stay tuned !!! :expressionless:

5 to 10,000 walk up crowd?

Not likely. Thats massive for any cfl team, nvm the argos.

My source was my eyes. It was closed when I posted that. They opened it afterwards.

Had to be a typo,I think he might have been saying 5 to 10 walk up crowd ? :slight_smile: . He obviously typed to many 0’s . No way that this game attracts 25,000 fans,not even close,not a hope in Hell…unless there is a “boatload” of Rider fans showing up !!! :cowboy:

prediction:

20, 865 in attendance.

At least that will be 5,000 more people that were actually at the TFC game today. But watch and see that MLSE will announce that 25,000 were at BMO today

Dressler out.

Why do we need to randomly out of nowhere bash another team in the city? No need for that and off topic.

Seems to be open season on the Argos though doesn’t it.

I have to agree with you. Okay to bash Argos but not the other way around. Been this way for years

By whom? The rogers controlled toronto media? Thats nothing new.

And other than the east side upper deck the stadium was full.

Every league in north america announces tickets sold, not turnstile attendance. Nothing new here. We can pick on every team in the cfl for having empty seats in the stadium too. Heck the ticats announced yesterday that tomorrows game was sold out and theres still 200 tickets left available on ticketmaster as of this afternoon. Theres a whole thread on the ticats forum questioning why announce a sellout when theres tix still avail yet ppl think the game is sold out.

No need to go off topic to bash other sports teams. Nothing good comes of it.

Bashing other leagues and teams “because ppl do it to the argos” is childish and immature.

Argos should win this one easily. Hate to say that being a green blooded Rider fan, but the RR have shown nothing in the last couple of weeks to show me they can win a game. Strictly player auditions/development from here on.

Besides, TO has a very good team this year. Harris looks good.

One can only keep hoping that Torontonians will one day wake up and see they have a team worth getting behind.

FG on opening possession makes it 3-0 Argos.

Nice to see an early sack, but that is a really bad secondary right now. Thankfully Owens is out as he would shred them.

From what I can see the roof IS open and so it should be.

I can't recall the last 2 and out the Riders have gotten this year.